Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This trade period just keeps on giving in the comedy stakes. The Front Bar need to do a show around it.

Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Forgetting best 22 for the moment, you need a list of about 30 AFL ready players to have a proper tilt at a flag. Below is list of players and games played in 2019.

Menadue, Butler, Kmac all made contributions during the year playing a total of 29 games as depth coverage. With Ellis leaving, that is an additonal 23 games played.
Houli is one other player that may not play close to 20 games in 2020 if he starts suffering soft tissue injuries.
Higgins recovery is problematic.

Rance and Pickett are two obvious replacements that should feature in 2020, along with increased game time to Ross and Stack. Hopefully Balta will continue to improve. CCJ will play a few games. So might Egg and RCD, but I doubt no more than 5 games individually.

Replacing Ellis, I think we need both Kmac and Menadue on the list. One of them to stake their claim as best 22. I dont see Naish or Turner being ready yet.

Quality post, @Ice

You only have to look at the Port Adelaide win, where we were rank underdogs, to understand the importance of depth. No Martin, Cotchin, Rance or Riewoldt that night.

The likes of Menadue, Higgins, KMac, Ross and Balta helped the boys get the job done.

If we'd have lost that game (just one example, I know), we probably wouldn't have finished top 4. And that could have been all she wrote.

The lesson is to never underestimate depth.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The away victories in Perth and Adelaide when we were undermanned went a long ways to the Tigers being Premiers this season.

Those wins kept us in touch but they also provided the rest of the AFL world with a couple of warning shots over the bow that shouldve been noted of what was going to be coming post the bye.

Many ignored the warnings, except Salty Scott he saw the Tigs racing up in the rear view mirror then started to unravel into a illogical rambling mess.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Looks like West Coast are putting all their chips in the middle by selling the farm to get Kelly.

They would want to win a premiership with him.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Looks like West Coast are putting all their chips in the middle by selling the farm to get Kelly.

taking them selves out of the draft for 2 years essentially.

meanwhile we got Marlion Pickett Mk1 for a $700 airfare and Sydney Stack for a few generous serves of Mrs.H's spaghetti Bol.

everyone else can suck our arse

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
American Pie past the Use-by date? Gone off and starting to get whiffy?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Kelly deal done
WC get Kelly and 2 x third rd picks
Geel get 2 x first rd and 2 x second rd picks

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Kelly deal done
WC get Kelly and 2 x third rd picks
Geel get 2 x first rd and 2 x second rd picks

jeez, would that be a trade price record?

quite extraordinary given WC watched him run around under their noses for 5 years

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

to be fair, they already have a pretty solid squad. so whether you think they paid overs or not, it keeps them well and truly in the window.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I reckon the Cats have been shafted. Surely they wanted a top ten pick. Unless they're going full rebuild. Maybe they are.

At least it went through this time without to much carry on & dragging on until the final hour holding everything else up.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
In the end Geelong did the right thing, they have to get credit for that.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
jeez, would that be a trade price record?

quite extraordinary given WC watched him run around under their noses for 5 years

Oscar Allen kind of needs to be a super star now. picked at Pick 21 instead of Kelly.