Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Heard you needed help blowing out the candles Caesar.
That’s a lot of candles. Who bought the fire extinguisher?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Main Training Today Thursday:

Windy and Freezing it was but plenty of spirit.

The good news was that
Gibcus has progressed to some limited football based work, he completed the 30 minute warm-up and kicking drills with the main group before going back to doing his rehab running.
Shorty did the same and looks to be tracking for a return against the Dee's.
Seth Campbell completed another full session so should surely get some minutes in the VFL this week?
Mansell & Cumberland both trained very strongly.
Broady looks fine after his twisted knee scare on the weekend and scans earlier in week.
Bauer still totally in the running phase of his rehab but was moving well.

Only absence of note i could pick up was
Sonsie.

Good to see Robbie T. hanging around to imparting his wisdom, (was out there with the coaches).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Windy and Freezing it was but plenty of spirit.

The good news was that
Gibcus has progressed to some limited football based work, he completed the 30 minute warm-up and kicking drills with the main group before going back to doing his rehab running.
Shorty did the same and looks to be tracking for a return against the Dee's.
Seth Campbell completed another full session so should surely get some minutes in the VFL this week?
Mansell & Campbell both trained very strongly.
Broady looks fine after his twisted knee scare on the weekend and scans earlier in week.
Bauer still totally in the running phase of his rehab but was moving well.

Only absence of note i could pick up was
Sonsie.

Good to see Robbie T. hanging around to imparting his wisdom, (was out there with the coaches).
Thanks Caesar.

How are the old boys looking after the trip back from Perth? Jack, Cotch etc.

I think Tarrant may be part of our coaching set up for the rest of the year.

Thanks Caesar.

How are the old boys looking after the trip back from Perth? Jack, Cotch etc.

I think Tarrant may be part of our coaching set up for the rest of the year.

I never concentrate on the old boys only to check that they are out there and the were, one that I do always take a bit of interest in for obvious reasons is Prestia and he trained fully and was good.

Reactions: 6 users
You are a sneaky bugger @taztiger4 , how do i apply for my seniors card?, you would know ;) :)
Happy Birthday mate , You are very highly rated and valued here (not an easy thing with cyberflog numbers increasing)

Keep up the great work and it if very much appreciated and remember 60 is the new 40

Reactions: 1 users

Great upbeat session, probably best for the year, plenty of voice and good humour.

A very encouraging sight: For the first time for the season there was NO-ONE in rehab as such if you discount the long term few.

Gibcus: Obviously still listed medium term on RFC site but today he did an hour of football skills with the main group and no rehab running, this seems to me a progression from last Thursday of 30 minutes of warm-up and then rehab running.
Josh was looking magnificent in guernsey #6 and I think he should request it as his own next year. Put blonde locks on him and he reminded me of Tony Modra in the way he moved and body language, (c'mon anyone old enough would remember the Modra strut).

Short/Bauer: Both got through the full session.

Matty Coulthard: Providing plenty of energy

On Lighter Duties: In no danger of missing but Drioli left knee bandaged sat quite a few drills out but still provided passages of the overlap gun and run we see on a weekend and Shai, reported on Chl 7 news on Tuesday when he left the track with maybe a hip issue, similar to Daniel sat a few drills out but was still seen doing centre clearance work and I noticed him sprinting at full pace at one point so both just being managed a bit I reckon.

Cumberland: A good performer on track.

A lot of hands up for selection so going to be tough for MC and the PRE pundits :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 48 users

Great upbeat session, probably best for the year, plenty of voice and good humour.

A very encouraging sight: For the first time for the season there was NO-ONE in rehab as such if you discount the long term few.

Gibcus: Obviously still listed medium term on RFC site but today he did an hour of football skills with the main group and no rehab running, this seems to me a progression from last Thursday of 30 minutes of warm-up and then rehab running.
Josh was looking magnificent in guernsey #6 and I think he should request it as his own next year. Put blonde locks on him and he reminded me of Tony Modra in the way he moved and body language, (c'mon everyone old enough would remember the Modra strut).

On Lighter Duties: In no danger of missing but Drioli left knee bandaged sat quite a few drills out but still provided passages of the overlap gun and run we see on a weekend and Shai, reported on Chl 7 news on Tuesday when he left the track with maybe a hip issue, similar to Daniel sat a few drills out but was still seen doing centre clearance work and I noticed him sprinting at full pace at one point so both just being managed a bit I reckon.

A lot of hands up for selection so going to be tough for MC and the PRE pundits :)

Finally a very positive, up beat report - thanks Caesar.

Are the Tigers putting it all together at the right time of year - time will tell.

And is Gibcus a smokie to play in the last few rounds maybe.

Reactions: 3 users
Finally a very positive, up beat report - thanks Caesar.

Are the Tigers putting it all together at the right time of year - time will tell.

And is Gibcus a smokie to play in the last few rounds maybe.
If Gibcus gets the opportunity to play in VFL for a few games and shows true performance, if we make the finals, he is a great chance

Very tough selection issues now.

Do we stick with the Dimma mantra of play the percentages i.e. the known performers give you a consistent result or do we roll the dice on some kids? Maybe give us something extra?

Coulthard certainly gave us a spark last week but I’m not sure he’s ready for a full game yet so stay as sub?

Bring in Cumbo who has been knocking the door down recently? He’s in form and is a wildcard. Can he do the job defensively too?

Try MJ again to give us more forward pressure than Mansell, but Mansell is better defensively?

Bauer had also been knocking the door down but was hamstrung before he could really have some influence. Do we try him again even though he hasn't played? He could offer something both offensively and defensively.

And who is going to miss if any of the above play, not forgetting Short is back too? Cotchin, Riewoldt, Miller, Mansell?

Josh was looking magnificent in guernsey #6 and I think he should request it as his own next year. Put blonde locks on him and he reminded me of Tony Modra in the way he moved and body language, (c'mon anyone old enough would remember the Modra strut).

Thanks for your upbeat report @caesar , I meant to wish you a happy birthday last week, but as I have a couple of years on ya.... this is what happens... I forgot.
Cheers mate :clap1

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Re: Gibcus Caesar, I noticed in Mini's presser he said we only had three blokes on the injury list. Either he can't count, or perhaps Gibcus is ready for some game time next week in the VFL?