Training For Redemption in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For Redemption in 2022

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Training today:

Sloppy, Sloppy, Sloppy no-one in any danger of hitting a target.

Training away from main group were:

Covid duo Balta & Prestia (who returned today).
Dusty Lambo Graham Shorty Shedda Dow.

PS. Dusty looking better than all of them but not back to main training till Jan?

Back with main group:

The skip.

Draftees:

All draftees were there but pretty much watching although Sam Banks, Brown & Judson Clarke did some very nominal stuff.

Whole squad due back Monday Dec 6 so maybe I will keep my powder dry till then.

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Obviously these blokes didn't wanna make Jon Ralph look stupid for crystal balliing us to just fall into eighth!

Was gonna head down there today.... sounds like I've saved meself a trip. Cheers @caesar

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Obviously these blokes didn't wanna make Jon Ralph look stupid for crystal balliing us to just fall into eighth!

Was gonna head down there today.... sounds like I've saved meself a trip. Cheers @caesar
Never a waste of time to watch the lads, Thursday should be the next main session for 1-4 but as I mentioned whole squad back next week.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Training today:

Training away from main group were:

Covid duo Balta & Prestia (who returned today).
Dusty Lambo Graham Shorty Shedda Dow.

PS. Dusty looking better than all of them but not back to main training till Jan?

Back with main group:

The skip.

Draftees:

All draftees were there but pretty much watching although Sam Banks, Brown & Judson Clarke did some very nominal stuff.

Whole squad due back Monday Dec 6 so maybe I will keep my powder dry till then.

Cheers
Who were the main culprits for the slop @caesar ?

How did Stack train in the running drills (or is he still running)?

RCD? Still the winning the club leaderboard for pre season ?

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Here's a bit of goss.

Noah's brother Patrick is training with our VFL side.

Spoiler alert: He's the tallest one in the photo.

That's all I have for now but I'll share more as it comes to hand - you'll see my track record when it comes to the Croatian boys.

This is very exciting news

Get him for free, adds to our cultural mix, genetic freak family, tall and athletic, tick, tick, tick, tick

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
deleted. Its confusing having a bloke called mate.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Who were the main culprits for the slop @caesar ?

How did Stack train in the running drills (or is he still running)?

RCD? Still the winning the club leaderboard for pre season ?

A couple of the same culprits that I mentioned the other day, Cumberland, MJR but today they had company, a bit of breeze about but not really an excuse.

Syd ok, one ripper grab, as mentioned dreads to match his rapper profile:cool:

Yes Riley still top of the pops for mine but bear in mind it is amongst the 1-4 year players so hope he is till prominent when full squad return. Looks like Riley might be Morro's pet project? again giving him good one on one time and instruction at the end of session. As in the other day the drill was about picking up a ground ball outside 50 exploding away and lowering eyes, (unlike Danger ;)), and hitting the leading Morro target. Then moved on to Riley lying down, (think surf lifesaving beach flag start), jumping up & grabbing ball again delivering inside 50.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Go Riley ................. Go Riley ...................... Ohhhh Rileyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Main Training Today 135 minutes:

No big summary today.

Just a word on the new boys:

Gibcus & Clarke :
both did first half of session with main group which was non-contact which included Footwork/Ground Ball/Conditioning/running technique and some ball movement drills, Clarke went one step further and participated in a full ground drill. Clarke plenty of skill plenty to like but very light. Gibcus very clean with his hands and well up there in the warm up runs. Got a bit of late one on one tuition from Noah.
Banks & Brown : Just doing stuff with rehab/condition groups. Not sure what Brown's issue is but Banks is still using one hand in ball handling so still recovering from wrist surgery.
Sonz : Has been a bystander and has done nothing but the occasional 20m kick to kick and even then does not even get into a jog to retrieve the ball so has obviously come to us with an existing injury.

Others :

Dow :
Did half the non-contact main session before going back to conditioning, maybe it is a shoulder that is holding him back as saw the grappling coach doing a bit of shoulder strengthening with him.

Syd : The dreads are gone and Dimma is back, not a bad session by Syd he might even make the news? Chl 10 had the cameras rolling for the session and Syd was involved in the play of the day, slamming Parker in a tackle which spilt the ball, Syd collected the spillage and goaled from 40m. There was no lap running for Syd but he was part of a grueling end of session 10 x 100 meter shuttles for some, with 20sec rest between each set which I thought he had a slightly better showing.

Parker : My new # 1, (1-4 pre-season player), as far as being the everywhere man, leading the sprints, being prominent in all the drills, no faulting his endeavor the key if he has the smarts and footskills to be damaging.

Baker : Gets his head ripped off at least twice every session, (and LOVING IT!).

Ross :
A pretty solid unit now.

Will Martyn : Been missing for a week & half now not sure what the go is there.

Looking forward to whole group returning Monday when I expect things to crank up as they only have 2 weeks to flog them before they get another break for Christmas.

Attachments

• Gibcus & Co.jpg
    Gibcus & Co.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users