Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
That bubble soccer looks ******* dangerous to me.
Played a 30 min game indoors 5 on 5 at Air Factory on the Gold Coast a few summers ago.
You get hit from everywhere and most of the time getting anywhere near the ball is impossible. Horizontal, vertical, somersaulting, the works.
Just when you think you are clear someone cleans you up.

Yep. Half the time spent laughing. The other half spent in fear.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Not directly training related but I thought I would drop this in here.

I went to Southport Sharks last night to hear from Cotch and Dimma. It was a great night. Some highlights that I can remember:

- I bought on of those large 'wing' pics of Cotch holding the two cups in each hand. Got it signed by Cotch and then a pic holding it with Cotch and Dimma. It is going to be a perfect addition to our media room!

- Dimma named CCJ as the guy to look out for. Said he's been flying this pre season and is the one to look out for

- Higgins back training fully (full contact) but with a helmet. Dimma said the past week or two he has really come on strong flying through the drills. He reckons he will be around the mark for a return in the early rounds

- Called out Dow and Martyn as the most impressive of the draftees. Dimma can't believe Lions didnt take Martyn and he can see him playing senior footy this year

- Caddy outdid Dusty as best on in the GF after party. They spoke about Dusty's car parked at the G and said part of the reason he didn't pick it up was they he lost his car key. Said his problem may have been he gave the key to Caddy which was a mistake as he was worse off than Dusty. Key was in Caddy's bedside drawer for two weeks (not sure if true or not!!)

- To lighten the mood on GF day, Dimma showed a video from Gogglebox of the bulldog owned by the Lebanese family humping things. Said people expect the coach to be revving up his troops when they had TV vision of the team meeting in the room when, in fact, they were watching a dog humping anything and everything lol

- Spoke about Ben Cousins. Said he is doing well but he has had periods of doing well in the past. Cotch had spoken to him on the phone for 40 mins in the offseason. It's clear that Cuz left an amazing legacy in his short time at the club. Dimma said he had him for his first year and, when he came, he was going to delist him and, by the end of that season, he was chairing him off the ground! They said he was such a warm personality and taught many people at the club many things, despite them knowing he was still having troubles back then

- Dimma spoke about the list he inherited and laughed at playing Relton Roberts in round 1. He said when he first arrived from a remote community, he drove Relton and another player to the cinema. 10 mins after dropping them off, he got a call saying he needs to come back and pick them up. Turns out Relton was shitting himself because of the number of people around. Dimma thought to himself, great, your *smile* scared of people and I've just selected you in the team to play in front of 100,000 people!!

- Dimma called Danger "a weak prick" following the dodgy free kicks he picked up before half time in the prelim

- On Kane Cornes, Dimma said he likes him and understands he is in the media and is good at getting attention. Trent called him a wanker though

- Trent was asked whether the 2017 or 2019 team was better....his response, "I think the 2020 team is better"!!

Overall, a great night with some great insights, some laughter but most of all an appreciation of how warm these blokes are. They spoke about the Albums that Dimma created for each of the players before the finals series and the letters he wrote to each of the players. Trent said his album was Piano Man and his letter spoke about how proud Dimma was of the Dad that Trent had become as well as other stuff footy and non-footy related. I asked the Mrs whether she reckons all coaches would do that. We agreed, no, not many would (could you imagine Salty Scott doing it!!) and it is evidence of how inspiring Dimma is as a leader and why he has ultimately been successful.

I love our club.

• Love
Reactions: 43 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Quite obviously the Chatham House rule has not been observed in the slightest here.

Not directly training related but I thought I would drop this in here.

I went to Southport Sharks last night to hear from Cotch and Dimma. It was a great night. Some highlights that I can remember:

- I bought on of those large 'wing' pics of Cotch holding the two cups in each hand. Got it signed by Cotch and then a pic holding it with Cotch and Dimma. It is going to be a perfect addition to our media room!

- Dimma named CCJ as the guy to look out for. Said he's been flying this pre season and is the one to look out for

- Higgins back training fully (full contact) but with a helmet. Dimma said the past week or two he has really come on strong flying through the drills. He reckons he will be around the mark for a return in the early rounds

- Called out Dow and Martyn as the most impressive of the draftees. Dimma can't believe Lions didnt take Martyn and he can see him playing senior footy this year

- Caddy outdid Dusty as best on in the GF after party. They spoke about Dusty's car parked at the G and said part of the reason he didn't pick it up was they he lost his car key. Said his problem may have been he gave the key to Caddy which was a mistake as he was worse off than Dusty. Key was in Caddy's bedside drawer for two weeks (not sure if true or not!!)

- To lighten the mood on GF day, Dimma showed a video from Gogglebox of the bulldog owned by the Lebanese family humping things. Said people expect the coach to be revving up his troops when they had TV vision of the team meeting in the room when, in fact, they were watching a dog humping anything and everything lol

- Spoke about Ben Cousins. Said he is doing well but he has had periods of doing well in the past. Cotch had spoken to him on the phone for 40 mins in the offseason. It's clear that Cuz left an amazing legacy in his short time at the club. Dimma said he had him for his first year and, when he came, he was going to delist him and, by the end of that season, he was chairing him off the ground! They said he was such a warm personality and taught many people at the club many things, despite them knowing he was still having troubles back then

- Dimma spoke about the list he inherited and laughed at playing Relton Roberts in round 1. He said when he first arrived from a remote community, he drove Relton and another player to the cinema. 10 mins after dropping them off, he got a call saying he needs to come back and pick them up. Turns out Relton was shitting himself because of the number of people around. Dimma thought to himself, great, your **** scared of people and I've just selected you in the team to play in front of 100,000 people!!

- Dimma called Danger "a weak prick" following the dodgy free kicks he picked up before half time in the prelim

- On Kane Cornes, Dimma said he likes him and understands he is in the media and is good at getting attention. Trent called him a wanker though

- Trent was asked whether the 2017 or 2019 team was better....his response, "I think the 2020 team is better"!!

Overall, a great night with some great insights, some laughter but most of all an appreciation of how warm these blokes are. They spoke about the Albums that Dimma created for each of the players before the finals series and the letters he wrote to each of the players. Trent said his album was Piano Man and his letter spoke about how proud Dimma was of the Dad that Trent had become as well as other stuff footy and non-footy related. I asked the Mrs whether she reckons all coaches would do that. We agreed, no, not many would (could you imagine Salty Scott doing it!!) and it is evidence of how inspiring Dimma is as a leader and why he has ultimately been successful.

I love our club.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Cannot stand Derwayne, while driving into work today he had Dal Santo on talking about about shortening/changing the game, Derwayne listed every stake holder except for the fans, who clearly don't matter to them. We are all custodians of the game what gives these flogs the idea that they can change something in the game every 5mins?

They are just the useful idiots that are doing the leg work for the broadcasters who have Gil and his mates by the aggots trying too push the narrative on the masses so they will be more willing to accept it just as being done in every facet of society today, it is brain wash city, the tv shows the news and all radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Believe KMac's being checked for a broken ankle or syndemosis injury. Could be out for a bit if it's worst case scenario. Guess there's just a smidgeon more elbow room for the fringies squaring off for a round one game.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Not breaking any rules, up to Bris Tiger to decide what he wants to share.

The event was a ticketed event but not limited to members or anything. They asked us not to video it but didn't request cone of silence.

I'm not necessarily sure what is secret squirrel in what I shared. I'm not giving away gameplan info, strategy stuff??

Reactions: 9 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The event was a ticketed event but not limited to members or anything. They asked us not to video it but didn't request cone of silence.

I'm not necessarily sure what is secret squirrel in what I shared. I'm not giving away gameplan info, strategy stuff??

You gave away 2 of the AFL’s biggest secrets.
1. That Danger is a weak prick.
2. That Cornes is a wanker.

How dare you

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users