Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

A fit Jaaack n the Lynchman off a full preseason, lol. We might go 1-2-3 in the Coleman, Lynchman n Jaaack getting spoon fed by Dusty, Fish, Presty, Shed, Cotch etc etc n Georgie hoovering up the crumbs from any spillages. For opposition defences playing us it'll be Welcome to my Nightmare at full throttle.

Like it, but try to keep a lid on it, TM. Remember 2018.

It's a whole new year and everyone's going to be working their butts off to catch and attack us. Doesn't pay to get too carried away. ( I well remember what happened after 1980 too).

Reactions: 5 users

It's a whole new year and everyone's going to be working their butts off to catch and attack us. Doesn't pay to get too carried away. ( I well remember what happened after 1980 too).
The only thing that got in the way of a 3 peat was gastro.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Got a feeling the whole club understands much better exactly how to go about things after a flag. Obviously never any guarantees when a new season starts n it's always possible to trip over the old shoe laces at just the wrong moment, but the list demographic and the way the whole club is set up strongly suggests we'll be right in the running for a few years yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Why would anyone pay serious attention to anything the " expert " commentators had to say about footy? Especially when it comes to flogs like DerWayne.
Dusty 200 plus games n in the hunt for 300. Brownlow medal. Dual premiership player,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in an 18 team competition with massive list n salary restrictions compared to previous generations. One of four only dual Norm Smith medallists. Take it from any era, even before the Normie was established, how many players could claim to be best on ground in more than one Grannie?
Bloke is a champion player n easily ranks with any other player from any era.
Best two things about Dusty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1. He's ours.
2. Consummate team player, he makes his team mates better rather than having his team mates make him look good. Unlike Dangerflog.
And dual Garry Ayers medalist.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a feeling the whole club understands much better exactly how to go about things after a flag. Obviously never any guarantees when a new season starts n it's always possible to trip over the old shoe laces at just the wrong moment, but the list demographic and the way the whole club is set up strongly suggests we'll be right in the running for a few years yet.

Yes I fully agree with you but also that there are no guarantees. At this stage every club is talking themselves up and many clubs look far better on paper than in '19. Even GCS, Bloos and Sainters are looking far more competitive - at this point!
It's always hard to pick the teams that are going to fall away, like the Swans last season. I am also quietly confident of the Tiges being right in the mix again, especially after coming out of a shocking injury crisis to take the flag so convincingly.
But a long, long way to go and so much can happen ... once the season proper starts. You never control your own fate entirely. So much comes down to what goes down after the bye round.

Reactions: 2 users
Pound for pound Dusty is the best big game player in the comp by a mile.
All the top mids are good players but none of them do the damage Dusty does fwd as consistently as Dusty does.

Safe to lose the pound for pound rider, best full stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
A fit Jaaack n the Lynchman off a full preseason, lol. We might go 1-2-3 in the Coleman, Lynchman n Jaaack getting spoon fed by Dusty, Fish, Presty, Shed, Cotch etc etc n Georgie hoovering up the crumbs from any spillages. For opposition defences playing us it'll be Welcome to my Nightmare at full throttle.

Castagnafield will kick 40.343 this year.
He is the most unpredictable and most energetic of our fowards.
The GF preformance has him in the top 3 small fowards in the comp.
1.Cripps WC
2.Rioli Rich
3.Castagnafield Rich.

You're quite right, Zipps.
Those were the days where players did smoke during a game, particularly at hal-time down in the rooms.
And I recall back in the day, the 1970s, the "Galloping Gasometer", North Melbourne's enormous ruckman Mick Nolan, used to consume six steamed dim sims (with soy sauce) at three-quarter time.
Sam Newman has shared a story where the Geelong players while resting on the canvas tarp on the ground at three-quarter time would pass the bottle of brandy around and take slugs.
And I remember the days in the late seventies freely wandering down into the change rooms after a match (those were the days!) and seeing all sorts of Richmond stars sucking down ciggies while chugging on cans of beer, with nothing more than a towel wrapped around their waists.
Yes many players had darts at qtr time, etc. and after the game but not the on-ballers who needed optimum lung fitness to run all day I bet. Rough Robbie stayed around the half-back line and was not required to run up and back from HB to HF to HB etc. as they are now. Any one on the cigs now will have his lack of fitness exposed and just won't hold his place. Different era, different fitness level required.

Reactions: 1 user
Safe to lose the pound for pound rider, best full stop.

true. At around 135 Lb, Irving Mosquito would need to be about 65% as good as Dusty, while Will Gould, at around the 230 Lb mark, would need to be 18% better than Dusty

So,

The AA committee would probably argue that Tom Stewart, at around 195 lb is better at even weights.

gee.

Reactions: 1 user
true. At around 135 Lb, Irving Mosquito would need to be about 65% as good as Dusty, while Will Gould, at around the 230 Lb mark, would need to be 18% better than Dusty

So,

The AA committee would probably argue that Tom Stewart, at around 195 lb is better at even weights.

gee.
I still remember that fend off from the '17 QF like it was yesterday.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys does anyone know when the next open training session will be?

Nafe, here you go, as I always tell people open training sessions are great for kids and just to show your support for the boys but is usually just a few light drills and a signing session

AFL Open Training

Saturday, February 8
Swinburne Centre, Punt Rd Oval
Gates open at 8:15am
8:30am - 10:00am

Nafe, here you go, as I always tell people open training sessions are great for kids and just to show your support for the boys but is usually just a few light drills and a signing session

AFL Open Training

Saturday, February 8
Swinburne Centre, Punt Rd Oval
Gates open at 8:15am
8:30am - 10:00am

Your our little hutchy.
Caesar Salad Hutchy... :cupgold

Training today:

Great news, these players all back doing full training, (including contested):

Shai
Prestia
Bachar

Any doubts on Shai's shoulder were laid to rest in a crunching Soldo tackle.

Shai's bro, (Marlion), mustn't have been too happy with that and later in game sim drill brought down Soldo in a tackle who in turn didn't like it and gave Marlion a friendly on ground body slam, (high fives and smiles after their skirmish). Don't think Soldo is in a hurry to give up his spot.

Standout today: Marlion

Best Specky on the Specky Bag: Hugo RS, (he also had the biggest flop :) )

Goal kicking practice: whilst the rest were doing some set shots and party trick goals RCD was tossing the ball on the ground to himself in the centre and then exploding away a shimmy or two and then kicking goals on the run from just inside 50, (as per his 2 VFL GF goals). Would be sensational if this could become his stock and trade.

Looking weird in jumper no 21 Noah, can't get my head around it yet still have visions of Towner.
Looking sensational and at home in number 5, Jack Ross :clap2, (with no disrespect will soon become Brandon who)

Fraser Turner in rehab group
Nank continues to do a power of work just not main group drills yet.
Graham ditto, but does drills other than contested.

Kmac, naturally not training but spotted in kit, no crutches or moon boot in sight.

PS. Stackman has ditched his blue boots for the new Puma Future Fives

1580953548501.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
Great report, Caesar. Thank you.
What was it about Marlion today that caught your eye?
Also liked hearing about the new #5. Like the look of Ross, I do.