Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Both boys play for Murray Bushrangers, Zavier, (with a Z not X), is from Shep but not Richmond academy i believe?

Have we got a academy??
If so where is it?
Robina Drive Broadbeach Queensland ??

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
RCD if he keeps going, adds a entire new dimension to our midfield.
Incredible to think that a side that has two flags in three years has so much improvement in it.

Reactions: 10 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Incredible to think that a side that has two flags in three years has so much improvement in it.

I don't know where Champion Data places us but we are not even placed in top 5 midfields o_O

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Both Hollands and Maher played for Caulfield Grammar this year. I think Maher won their B&F ahead of some very good players including Fischer Macasey. Both boys are very good players.

Reactions: 1 user

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I don't know where Champion Data places us but we are not even placed in top 5 midfields o_O

I would agree with that. If we lose its because our midfield gets carved. Our defence is elite and our offence is very good with the potential to be elite if we fire. Anyway our thing is monstering the second possession in the midfield not the clearance - wouldn't doubt that clearances would be a very big and traditional part of assessing the top midfields.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

Culture is an amazing thing.

We haven’t recruited a group of players who are inately more talented than every other side, and we haven’t struck gold with lucky picks.

We’ve found a way to bring out more of the best for everyone who walks through the doors.

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Champion Data is a load of Bollocks.

Melbourne had the best list last year ..................................... shame they had no heart or no bottle.

Tigers are a Team, a Machine a sum of its parts.

We have a lot of grunt workhorses in our side who aren't pretty players.

George, Lambert, Broad, Astbury, Grimes, Graham, Ross, Grover, Soldo, Nank, Caddy etc these guys all add something and none of them are pretty footballers. Even the fearless Skippa Chimp is a hard nosed brawler.

Look at that list and then you can understand why the RFC game plans of recent seasons have been so effective.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Long hot session today.

The 4 new boys pretty much participated fully, can't really comment much as they are all skinny newbies who did little to catch my eye, unlike last year when we had big bodied mids Jack Ross and RCD who showed something early or 2016 when Shai razzled and dazzled in his first session :). No expectations on these guys at all for next year IMO, this draft more than most we seem to have trod our own path and selected players that others would consider a reach at their position except for slider Hugo RalphSmith. Will be interesting to look back in a couple of years time.

Cotch: I expected him to be taking it easy like Basha, Prestia etc but he is leading from the front and looking sharp for this time of year.

Rance: Never have I seen anyone work harder, been a privilege and an inspiration to watch, the guy is a freak, (still rehabbing of course).

Close to the end of the session when temp at its hottest, Shai Eggs Caddy Stack and a couple of others put through a punishing set of shuttles and 300's.

Balta was singled out for repeat 300's, 1st it was against Ivan Maric who actually beat him in the 1st rep and then JR8 took over for about another 4 reps, Jack was doing a lot of urging/encouraging for Balta to get a move on, (I mentioned previously that to me it appears that Noah may not have put in the work during the break and is paying for it now?).

Tom Lynch: Ahh how good is it to see him in full flight before Christmas rather than worrying if he is going to be right for round 1:D

MRJ, all 177cm of him?, was out there for full session so getting a first hand look at what's required to make the grade, (very popular with all the boys, nearly like their own little mascot)

Jack Ross: Prominent today, probably just for the fact that I could pick him out as was back to his buzz cut which was easier to spot.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I saw that report in the HUN, Caesar, and it rated us as 8th. I didn't have a problem with it; in fact, I loved it because it just made me laugh (again) at CD and much of the footy media. This is because of what is so apparent to us, I believe, just watching our team perform in finals and big games i.e. we step up a level or several when the heat is really on, when it really matters. So, after struggling to some extent in the PF against the Moggies, we came out in the 2nd half and belted them.
It was similar in that great H&A match against the Eagles - when it mattered - we asserted our superiority. Both great comeback victories.
We accounted strongly for two much more highly rated midfields - Lion and Giants - in the both the final H&A game (lions) and finals matches. I'm not sure what data CD really go on for their ratings. I know it doesn't mean that much. For starters, it all depends on who you play; so the Lions had a much easier draw and greater HG advantage, so their mids look wonderful over the season, the likes of Neale winning a heap of ball. But when it comes to the crunch, the possessions and ball-use of Dusty Martin are worth double his, and so on.

However, your mids are always crucial to success and you cannot rest on your laurels, ever, in this area but have to be developing fresh talent with the skill-set to go through there. The same article amusingly reported Colonwood's midfield has slipped to 5/6th I think, but they were rated as the absolute best beginning of '19 (with Lloyd saying 'best ever'!!).

So, it's great to see the club has drafted promising young talent who show signs of hopefully doing this over the next couple/few years - Ross, Stack (but still love him on HBF), RCD, some of new draftees. Like the prospects of many of these new guys such as Dow, Cumberland. Martin2.

Reactions: 5 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Long hot session today.

The 4 new boys pretty much participated fully, can't really comment much as they are all skinny newbies who did little to catch my eye, unlike last year when we had big bodied mids Jack Ross and RCD who showed something early or 2016 when Shai razzled and dazzled in his first session :). No expectations on these guys at all for next year IMO, this draft more than most we seem to have trod our own path and selected players that others would consider a reach at their position except for slider Hugo RalphSmith. Will be interesting to look back in a couple of years time.

Cotch: I expected him to be taking it easy like Basha, Prestia etc but he is leading from the front and looking sharp for this time of year.

Rance: Never have I seen anyone work harder, been a privilege and an inspiration to watch, the guy is a freak, (still rehabbing of course).

Close to the end of the session when temp at its hottest, Shai Eggs Caddy Stack and a couple of others put through a punishing set of shuttles and 300's.

Balta was singled out for repeat 300's, 1st it was against Ivan Maric who actually beat him in the 1st rep and then JR8 took over for about another 4 reps, Jack was doing a lot of urging/encouraging for Balta to get a move on, (I mentioned previously that to me it appears that Noah may not have put in the work during the break and is paying for it now).

Tom Lynch: Ahh how good is it to see him in full flight before Christmas rather than worrying if he is going to be right for round 1:D

MRJ, all 177cm of him?, was out there for full session so getting a first hand look at what's required to make the grade, (very popular with all the boys, nearly like their own little mascot)

Jack Ross: Prominent today, probably just for the fact that I could pick him out as was back to his buzz cut which was easier to spot.

Great reporting as always Caesar. Just a question , how does MJR look compared to the other boys skills wise etc. Obviously he is going to be a fair bit smaller as her is still growing/developing, but does he look out of place etc ?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Champion Data is a load of Bollocks.

Melbourne had the best list last year ..................................... shame they had no heart or no bottle.

Tigers are a Team, a Machine a sum of its parts.

We have a lot of grunt workhorses in our side who aren't pretty players.

George, Lambert, Broad, Astbury, Grimes, Graham, Ross, Grover, Soldo, Nank, Caddy etc these guys all add something and none of them are pretty footballers. Even the fearless Skippa Chimp is a hard nosed brawler.

Look at that list and then you can understand why the RFC game plans of recent seasons have been so effective.
Yes, and noticed GWS's Kelly, who I have to say looks one of the prettiest midfielders going around with that elegant movement and stylish left foot, was hardly a factor in the GF when real champs step up.

Last edited:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How did Stack and Egg go in the shuttles? Was that whole group basically backmarkers trying to make up conditioning?

The whole group weren't subjected to shuttles and 300's mostly ball work today, I'd say those chosen were on a needs basis. Stack looked better today, goes hard early but tires quickly but at least you can see he is busting his guts. Eggs always looks and performs terribly, (last), in the running drills but fine when the balls are out.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Great reporting as always Caesar. Just a question , how does MJR look compared to the other boys skills wise etc. Obviously he is going to be a fair bit smaller as her is still growing/developing, but does he look out of place etc ?

Skills wise junior looks fine, it will come down to the running aspect of the game on how things pan out. *Note: he has not been required to do any shuttles or 300's that I have seen, (easy does it, just giving him a taste no need to demoralize the kid).

Reactions: 8 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Skills wise junior looks fine, it will come down to the running aspect of the game on how things pan out. *Note: he has not been required to do any shuttles or 300's that I have seen, (easy does it, just giving him a taste no need to demoralize the kid).

Yeah fair enough. Thanks for that.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The whole group weren't subjected to shuttles and 300's mostly ball work today, I'd say those chosen were on a needs basis.

I'd heard a couple of blokes came back a bit fat and dimma wasn't entirely happy

didn't hear any names, but sounds like Notorius may have been one hitting his nana's stonska torta pretty hard?

I'm no premiership mastermind, but I don't mind a few blokes a bit fat in December really.