Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
On the development front, a little birdie told me that on the VFL front the Club wanted to go younger next year, (which was at odds with his opinion), with the likes of JB, Sillver, Towner, Menadue etc moved on the draftees and younger players will need to play a bigger role.
Interesting considering things had been working so well with that program.

Maybe the club is looking at the future and getting all the kids playing in their future positions and playing together. This will enhance the move to the seniors over time and the senior team machine continues to roll on in its domination of the competition.

Reactions: 1 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
On the development front, a little birdie told me that on the VFL front the Club wanted to go younger next year, (which was at odds with his opinion), with the likes of JB, Sillver, Towner, Menadue etc moved on the draftees and younger players will need to play a bigger role.
interesting - hopefully the vfl team still can be competitive and win at least 50% of their games - I don't think it is good development to continually play in a losing team

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
My inside club intel tells me club very happy generally with how players have returned.
Dusty on a reduced meat based diet has lost 3kg and feeling fantastic
I think Dusty must have watched The Game Changers on Netflix.

Well worth a watch.

Reactions: 1 user

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
The only benefit you get from eating a plant based diet like these Supreme athletes is cutting out processed food.
I guarantee you normal people that eat bread, pasta sugar etc are actually much worse off by cutting meat out of their diet. Most normal people will eat plant based burgers etc but they are actually massively processed and really bad for you.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Makes sense to me. Whilst winning VFL premierships is nice, it's not the primary purpose of having a VFL side. No point keeping guys who aren't AFL quality on the list just to keep the VFL side competitive. QUickest way for the youngsters to learn is to experience their positions in the coal face against adults.

Reactions: 7 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I did find it odd that so many of the VFL listed guys have moved on, mostly to Coburg from what i can tell which is good for them. Could it be to be able to develope them a bit quicker at that level? given most of the younger players on our list are probably VFL players at least for the start of next yr...

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The only benefit you get from eating a plant based diet like these Supreme athletes is cutting out processed food.
I guarantee you normal people that eat bread, pasta sugar etc are actually much worse off by cutting meat out of their diet. Most normal people will eat plant based burgers etc but they are actually massively processed and really bad for you.

They said meat-reduced diet, not cutting out meat completely. In general people do eat way too much meat, actually too much food all together.

Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005

Well worth a watch.
I turned vegie after that too. I'd been feeling sluggish, blood work was poo so thought it wouldn't hurt to try. Lasted 4 weeks when I accidentally ate a sausage roll at a conference buffet. After not eating meat for that long even consuming lips, ears and arseholes was orgasmic. After cleaning up the mess I decided to scale it back. I'm now vegie only during the week. I do feel better and from crossfit perspective same strength more stamina.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I turned vegie after that too. I'd been feeling sluggish, blood work was poo so thought it wouldn't hurt to try. Lasted 4 weeks when I accidentally ate a sausage roll at a conference buffet. After not eating meat for that long even consuming lips, ears and arseholes was orgasmic. After cleaning up the mess I decided to scale it back. I'm now vegie only during the week. I do feel better and from crossfit perspective same strength more stamina.

Are you going to change your username too?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003

Well worth a watch.
do a search on James Cameron and his wife's company Verdient and you will quickly understand why they made the doco
Arnold has major interests in Cameron's company as well

Eye fillet for me !!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Are you going to change your username too?
I'll only post on the weekends or I can be known as the faux sausage. I ain't too proud of my username so me thinks it will be changing anyway...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Makes sense to me. Whilst winning VFL premierships is nice, it's not the primary purpose of having a VFL side. No point keeping guys who aren't AFL quality on the list just to keep the VFL side competitive. QUickest way for the youngsters to learn is to experience their positions in the coal face against adults.
100%.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
In general people do eat way too much meat,
:eek: Surely that's not possible. There b cow meat, pig meat, sheep meat, Fishy sorta pretend meat, crawdad meat, duck meat, kangaroo meat, bunny meat, emu meat, snake meat, frog meat, turtle meat, snake meat, pigeon meat n lots of other meaty critters of various flavours to chew upon. I didn't even get around to thinking about all the delicious meaty hams, salamis n other concoctions that can b made with a little bit of extra effort.
There's barely enough days in the month to sample one of everything before even thinking of starting over again. Got a feelin your just fibbin at me to try n upset me.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
:eek: Surely that's not possible. There b cow meat, pig meat, sheep meat, Fishy sorta pretend meat, crawdad meat, duck meat, kangaroo meat, bunny meat, emu meat, snake meat, frog meat, turtle meat, snake meat, pigeon meat n lots of other meaty critters of various flavours to chew upon. I didn't even get around to thinking about all the delicious meaty hams, salamis n other concoctions that can b made with a little bit of extra effort.
There's barely enough days in the month to sample one of everything before even thinking of starting over again. Got a feelin your just fibbin at me to try n upset me.

Nope I'm not fibbing.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nope I'm not fibbing.
Next you're gunna tell me ur one of those advocates for eating green leafy things n stuff that belongs only in a compost bin. Not sure I want to read this thread anymore, startin to get the heebie geebies n brain flashes about mung beans n lentils. Damn now I've scared myself, better go n devour some dead chook n stuff to settle my nerves.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Any chance of an invitation to your Christmas dinner, TM? You're making me hungry.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Next you're gunna tell me ur one of those advocates for eating green leafy things n stuff that belongs only in a compost bin. Not sure I want to read this thread anymore, startin to get the heebie geebies n brain flashes about mung beans n lentils. Damn now I've scared myself, better go n devour some dead chook n stuff to settle my nerves.

Let's just say I had to visit a cardiologist practise on business the other week and there were a lot of mildly (and not so mildly) obese people sitting in the waiting room.

PS you mentioned snake meat twice......your favourite? I'm a bit of a chicken lover myself.