Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thought I knew, now I am unsure as i have seen all of Dimma, Leppa, Fly, Macqualter, Kingsley, X, Ferguson and Lonegran in the last 2 days taking some training.
The last 3 i initially thought had been stood down.

Tom Brown just reported on all coaches stood down from all clubs:

Interestingly he said at this stage Richmond and Geelong have stood down NONE!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
In all seriousness, if we could still afford to keep them, why not,?
Not every company has gone belly up, have a look at bunnyings.
The soft cap should be an amount, say 5 million and the club decides how to spend it.
Hardwick on 500,000 k
Leppa on 250,000k
The 3 other assistants on 120k
And the rest spread between the physio's, doctors, trainers etc
I have had similar thoughts, we ask the Players to take less to keep the list together surely the Coaches can do the same, most of the snr ones wouldn't be short of a dollar.
From what i understand the AFL has a rule in place where 3-4 positions must be filled, one of them being to do with mental health etc.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
capped numbers on match day & obviously training
We havent heard much about the trainers and masseurs who work on players and tape their ankles, shoulders, etc. Some of them may be volunteers but many of them do get a small wage for their skills so that needs to be factored in. In terms of numbers they couldn't afford to drop too many or players wont be ready for training or ready to play on match day. I presume RFC have tried to keep most of them.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I hope Emma Murray is in the 25

theres the head coach, and then theres the head coach

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Which thereby means we MUST have stood down some......

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lets stand down all coaches, assistants and medical staff.
And win it again 'HandsFree Style' and let's see if they find holes in our success.
*the yellow is too bright
*we run to fast
*the grass is same on punt rd as the G
*we should've not got soo many top 5 selections
*they won it, without crowds
Etc

Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I hope Emma Murray is in the 25

theres the head coach, and then theres the head coach
:mhihi She will be in there somehow either within the 25 as Jonesracing82 said earlier "From what i understand the AFL has a rule in place where 3-4 positions must be filled, one of them being to do with mental health etc. " or as someone they contact remotely.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
You are correct, this year it is more about reducing football department numbers to reduce chance of covid outbreaks, hopefully next year clubs will have more flexibility and they will be able to employ as many people as they can fit into the soft/hard cap which will be reduced by about a third, or 3.5 million dollars, to about 6 mill.

I thought the club decided to abide by the decisions made surrounding the soft cap. we can afford to spend more, but want to play fair to the rest of the comp...? happy to stand corrected on that, but I thought I heard it somewhere

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Wow. great. But I read a news story the other day about a few coaches doing other jobs, I assume because they were stood down, including our Ryan Ferguson, who was working in a blood and bone factory in Brooklyn. No half measures with Ferg! He, and by association our club culture, skyrocketted in my estimation! If he can do that job, he can do anything.

We used to smell that factory as kids driving back to Ballarat from the footy, or it could have just been 70s and 80s Brooklyn and Laverton's general stench.

Ryan 'blood and bone' Ferguson!

So, what gives?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Sorry folks failed in my duties, didn't go to training today, it was wet!

its ok mate. we express our individuality and play to our strengths and love each other unconditionally at Tigerland.

it ok that your a dry tracker.

I still wish youde buy a *smile* umbrella

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Its ok things aren't serious yet, Caesar has some brownie points.

Lets not make a habit outta it tho Julius ;)

Reactions: 1 user