Training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Id say he's had some catching up to do his whole life. doesn't seem to hold him back.

not meaning to have a go at anyone.

Just countering that Stackman will be a star of the competition for the next decade.

I dont reckon JR8 would have ran a pace setting lap for Ben Lennon?

maybe he would've?

I think a duck would have been a good pace setter for Benny L

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks Caesar, and interested in your comments about Balta. He is fast and highly skilled and I think he is still big chance to come in against the pies, either for Broad or Nank.

Why he had a poor pre season and was pantsed against the Maggots in the praccie match.

Nank is apparantly training very well now and fitter, so he wont miss.

Broad wont miss either, he's become an important member of the side and also played pretty well in round 1, and very well in the pre season.

Noah is gonna have to wait he had his chance pre season and didn't do what was required to take it early doors.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Broad wont miss either, he's become an important member of the side and also played pretty well in round 1, and very well in the pre season.
Don't think Broady misses again, unless he gets his phone out, after a few drinks celebrating 2020 premiership.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
$1.4m and came within half a length of winning The Epsom?

The Epsom is probably the best mile handicap in the land. I'd argue winning it is analogous to a BOG in a GF.

They even run it on GF day. Norm Smith.

If you said to me now, I can guarantee Stackman will come 2nd in the Norm Smith (one guess who comes first?)

I'd take it.
Tom Melbourne falling just short on the big stage time after time: you sound like a Collingwood supporter.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I'd like a training update on Higgo. I expect he's been putting in extra hard yards in iso, and would love a track watcher to confirm where he's coming in the testing.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I'd like a training update on Higgo. I expect he's been putting in extra hard yards in iso, and would love a track watcher to confirm where he's coming in the testing.

Higgo was the cleanest of the 8 forwards in greasy conditions on Saturday.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
$1.4m and came within half a length of winning The Epsom?

The Epsom is probably the best mile handicap in the land. I'd argue winning it is analogous to a BOG in a GF.

They even run it on GF day. Norm Smith.

If you said to me now, I can guarantee Stackman will come 2nd in the Norm Smith (one guess who comes first?)

I'd take it.

Short memories. 18 clubs passed on Stackman, arguably the best (inarguably the 2nd best) kid in the land,

cause he ate a bucket of KFC.

He has a spew and falls short in one training run and he's on skid row ?

and M.Conti is no instagram socialite. She's an AA footballer.

c'mon fellas..
Tom Melbourne won 5 from his first 6 starts including an Albury Cup in the mud where he nearly went over the outside fence by memory . Then won one from next 45 starts
Pass ‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Why he had a poor pre season and was pantsed against the Maggots in the praccie match.

Nank is apparantly training very well now and fitter, so he wont miss.

Noah is gonna have to wait he had his chance pre season and didn't do what was required to take it early doors.
Both Broad and Nank have been very good for us but I still feel Balta is the better player. He is faster and a better kick.
He is going to be handy down back if Cox gets away on us and better around the ground.
Not to worried about his pre season He is now fit and I think a player with great potential who deserves a chance at this point in the season. He is one who has the class to come up, and fit in at the higher level.
Neither Broad nor Nank played well against Carlton.
If Houli is available maybe he and Noah will come in.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Tom Melbourne won 5 from his first 6 starts including an Albury Cup in the mud where he nearly went over the outside fence by memory . Then won one from next 45 starts
Pass ‍♂
So he's like Collingwood winning premierships during the War and Depression years but getting the wobbles near the finishing post after that. It's a bit unfair on @eZyT to paint Stackman with the same brush.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Both Broad and Nank have been very good for us but I still feel Balta is the better player. He is faster and a better kick.
He is going to be handy down back if Cox gets away on us and better around the ground.
Not to worried about his pre season He is now fit and I think a player with great potential who deserves a chance at this point in the season. He is one who has the class to come up, and fit in at the higher level.
Neither Broad nor Nank played well against Carlton.
If Houli is available maybe he and Noah will come in.

Cox was all over him in the Praccie match.

That was his audition he was nowhere near it.

He was afforded plenty of games last year with the injuries.

CCJ has likely already overtake him as relief ruck / forward should Nank or Soldo get injured or rubbed out, that leaves him as the KPD under construction, even Garth played ahead of him once

Noah for mine just isn't quite ready for AFL key position defence, he doesn't read the play or position himself well enough yet to be honest, he is big enough absolutely and an athletic monster but he's not a natural footballer he is an athlete, he will get there and will be a real handful when he does but he aint there just yet for mine and I like him too.

Hes being educated by Leppa just as Rance was when he was held back as the Tigers played inferior players in McGuane and Moore ect to buy time for Ranceys education. The season hold up has been detrimental to Noah and CCJ and Dow and RCD so far ,tbh.

I enjoyed seeing him just have the run of the ground as a follower or wingman, when at AFL level as hes not quite AFL KPP ready just yet especially in defence. His awareness, and positioning needs to improve, which he would be working on at VFL level especially with Leppa.

The fact hes been earmarked for KPD means we likely wont see much of him anymore sadly in a roving role at AFL level anymore save for a point of difference match up, as he is being groomed and educated for a role.

I feel ya excitement man! Maybe next year he will be the man, I like the prospect he is and what he will bring, it will be exciting but he aint walking into a 2 time premiership defence.

As for the re start Houli yes will likely walk back in and I'm tipping save for injury it will likely be for either Graham or Stack.

Stackies not so glorious return from iso and Grahams poor round 1 game have them both in the gun, unless someone is injured I feel Bash will replace one of these guys.

Higlet is coming along quickly too by reports.

Its gonna get hot real fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users