Trust | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trust

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Been to two games this year. Umpiring and rule changes the most frustrating thing for me. Can understand the sentiment of the thread although my reduced interest is more about external factors than the RFC behaviour (although the dumb stuff is frustrating).

Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I think we've hit an inflection point.

Which way does the season go?

It's easy to mount the argument we will implode. Heartbreaking losses can do that.

But I'm an optimist.

I'd like to think the Gold Coast loss is a line-in-the-sand moment.

The moment we resolve to match a ruthless edge to our undoubted high level of skill.

The moment we decide match-winning leads will never again be run down.

The moment we realise 2022 is a golden opportunity for absolute greatness.

My trust is shaky, but I still believe.

Reactions: 2 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
2022 free kick stats.jpg

When trying to explain a season of close losses, this is as good a place to start as any.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Heading into this gameday I feel the team lost a bit of trust last week. Hard not to be hesitant in making predictions about today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Heading into this gameday I feel the team lost a it of trust last week. Hard not to be hesitant in making predictions about today.
Same, losses like last week create a sick, wary feeling.

Reactions: 1 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
This thread is funny.

We all love the tigers and want them to always do well.

However the notion that when a group of 23 odd players, various coaches and support staff aren't able to get everything right in order for our team to do well in one of the hardest and most competitive sports in the world should lead to 'a loss of trust' is a bridge too far for me.

Pay the ticket, take the ride.

• Love

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
This thread is funny.

We all love the tigers and want them to always do well.

However the notion that when a group of 23 odd players, various coaches and support staff aren't able to get everything right in order for our team to do well in one of the hardest and most competitive sports in the world should lead to 'a loss of trust' is a bridge too far for me.

Pay the ticket, take the ride.
Problem is, 76, the issue isn't that the comp is 'one of the hardest and most competitive'. It's that under those conditions, we are taking short cuts, committing inexplicable brain farts and playing an incredibly undisciplined brand of footy. It's the very definition of shooting yourself in the foot.