TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Watching the latest series of Alone Australia on SBS. Now that's a real survivor show. I find it fascinating. Would not be easy in those environments!
I really like Alone. Just brutal conditions there in Fiordland in NZ.
But I can't help thinking when watching the Oz version, there is an element missing from the US original. That's right - deadly predators! No bears, wolves or coyotes to deal with. They don't even have snakes in NZ.
Nevertheless, fascinating to see how the contestants try to deal with it all.

Anyone see the UK version a few months ago? Pretty funny. They must be light on for survivalists in UK, so they went with an entrepreneur, a designer, a PR executive, a project manager among others.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Anyone see the UK version a few months ago? Pretty funny. They must be light on for survivalists in UK, so they went with an entrepreneur, a designer, a PR executive, a project manager among others.
didn't see it.... i like the idea of throwing non-survivalists into the wild... alone...

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I really like Alone. Just brutal conditions there in Fiordland in NZ.
But I can't help thinking when watching the Oz version, there is an element missing from the US original. That's right - deadly predators! No bears, wolves or coyotes to deal with. They don't even have snakes in NZ.
Nevertheless, fascinating to see how the contestants try to deal with it all.

And in some of the earlier ones they didn’t even have access to water which made it even tougher again.

Reactions: 1 user