TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Started watching Masters of the Air, went to watch the third episode not released until Feb 2nd, the slow release why? Not up to Band of Brothers or The Pacific yet either, but might come good.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Good show Baloo, Bryan Brown (Slim Halliday) and Simon Baker good too.
Yeah, Simon Baker plays the father real well. Bryan Brown is Bryan Brown, always worth watching.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just watched Series 2 of Kin..... how times have changed in the world of television.... every second word starts with an F or a C..... and I ain't talking about Footy Club!
Anyway, coming from a long list of Irish convicts.... I love it. Can't wait for series 3.

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
KIN eh? Kill your tropes.

One Irish mob boss is gay, the other on ayahuasca. The Kinsella house ultra modern. Michael Kinsella with the daughter looks half Jamaican.

Not Aiden Gillen's best work Nor Charlie Cox.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Been watching True Detective - Night Country S04 with Jodie Foster and the excellent Kali Reis. TD has been disappointing since the amazing first season for most and many don't like the new series either as being too woke, confusing and with some seemingly supernatural elements with vibes of The Thing, The Terror, Twin Peaks so I get the confusing criticism.

Apparently this was conceived separate to the TD franchise but the studio asked the showrunner to cram it into the TD format - it kind of fits but also doesn't.

Despite all this a great cast, family/personal drama, excellent sets, some good jump scares and spooky vibes make it entertaining if you don't inspect the plot too closely.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Been watching True Detective - Night Country S04 with Jodie Foster and the excellent Kali Reis. TD has been disappointing since the amazing first season for most and many don't like the new series either as being too woke, confusing and with some seemingly supernatural elements with vibes of The Thing, The Terror, Twin Peaks so I get the confusing criticism.

Apparently this was conceived separate to the TD franchise but the studio asked the showrunner to cram it into the TD format - it kind of fits but also doesn't.

Despite all this a great cast, family/personal drama, excellent sets, some good jump scares and spooky vibes make it entertaining if you don't inspect the plot too closely.
First season was great and then it dropped a bit. 3 I thought was pretty good I’m persisting with season 4. It’s pretty intense and weird supernatural stuff going on but is well acted.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Gentleman. English aristocracy meets Liverpool Crime family. Guy Ritche series. Well worth watching if you like Guy Ritchie

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Watching the first episode of Mr Bates vs The Post Office and this is making me as angry as any TV show or movie has ever made me. It occurs to me there are a lot of similarities between this case and Robodebt.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Watching the first episode of Mr Bates vs The Post Office and this is making me as angry as any TV show or movie has ever made me. It occurs to me there are a lot of similarities between this case and Robodebt.

Gee Robodebt, if they ever made a series about that I don't think my TV would survive. I'm sure some sort of missile would be thrown at it.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Nice poignant finish to Reservation Dogs , will miss these characters..
Started Mr Robot , ok so far.. Though i think i may have seen a end of s1 spoiler years ago , hopefully not and i am surprised..

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Nice poignant finish to Reservation Dogs , will miss these characters..
Started Mr Robot , ok so far.. Though i think i may have seen a end of s1 spoiler years ago , hopefully not and i am surprised..
Mr robot is the most intense series I’ve ever watched. It’s relentless. Think four episodes left in the final season.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's dumbed down from the books for sure but still enough concepts remain. Entertaining.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Watching 3 Body Problem. Problem is- it’s written for kids. Good idea for a show - wasted.

Why do you say its written for kids? Its fairly high concept sci fi. I've read the book and its simplified from that but it had to be. I think its actually a pretty good example of adaptation in the way the actions of the main character of the book is split amongst multiple characters in the show to enable more interpersonal interaction. The book is very dry as far as characerisation is concerned.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In China TenCent (media company) did a 30 episode version which some people love. I started to watch but it was too slow with too many tired visual tropes and cliched conversations... But it's much more faithful to the books and of course the totally Chinese setting. Has some hilariously bad acting from Western cast members as generals and so forth. One old Aussie bloke is particularly funny, must have found him in an expat bar in Macau or something.

If like me you cant stomach 30 episodes there is a fan supercut with three 2 hour episodes here, free download.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Why do you say its written for kids? Its fairly high concept sci fi. I've read the book and its simplified from that but it had to be. I think its actually a pretty good example of adaptation in the way the actions of the main character of the book is split amongst multiple characters in the show to enable more interpersonal interaction. The book is very dry as far as characerisation is concerned.
Yeah. I made that comment after the third ep and I was frustrated and annoyed by the whole video game thingy and the sky winking and a couple of the cast seemed unconvincing. But now I’ve finished the thing I take it back. Later eps were seriously good on many levels. Really went too soon on that previous call.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The Completely Made Up Adventures Of *smile* Turpin

Watched the first 2 episodes and loving it. Very funny, great entertainment. Always liked Noel Fielding.

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Have heard there is another version of this show on YouTube. I’ll try and find the link.