TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Mr robot is the most intense series I’ve ever watched. It’s relentless. Think four episodes left in the final season.
Yes it certainly was , a few times thought it was losing its way but finished really strongly..
Now i need something else to watch..might start both Shogun(no idea) and Ripley(netflix)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Yes it certainly was , a few times thought it was losing its way but finished really strongly..
Now i need something else to watch..might start both Shogun and Ripley

If you haven't seen Slow Horses (Apple TV) it's pretty pretty good (as is Curb Your Enthusiasm (binge)). Just finished S3 (Slow Horses) but all too short.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Hey fellas, can I ask a favour.
If you have watched a tv series or movie, could you also let us know what media channel it’s shown on please. Especially if you recommend it.
Most already do, but it just helps those of us searching different media to find it
Cheers.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Hey fellas, can I ask a favour.
If you have watched a tv series or movie, could you also let us know what media channel it’s shown on please. Especially if you recommend it.
Most already do, but it just helps those of us searching different media to find it
Cheers.
Np. Above post edited.

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
Have heard there is another version of this show on YouTube. I’ll try and find the link.
@IanG here is a link to the BBC Panorama investigation into the Post Office scandal. Described as the greatest miscarriage of justice in British legal history. Warning: if you are upset after one episode of the excellent series “ Mr Bates v the Post Office”, this contains some of the real postmasters involved and jailed.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
If you haven't seen Slow Horses (Apple TV) it's pretty pretty good (as is Curb Your Enthusiasm (binge)). Just finished S3 (Slow Horses) but all too short.

Curb is pretty, pretty good alright !

Not hard to see where the Seinfeld humour came from.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Fallout on Prime is good - like The Last of Us, post-apocalypse based on a video game.

Played for comedy mostly - gory but even the gore is comedic.

Ella Purnell and Walton Goggins are excellent.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Fallout on Prime is good - like The Last of Us, post-apocalypse based on a video game.

Played for comedy mostly - gory but even the gore is comedic.

Ella Purnell and Walton Goggins are excellent.

Oh for when people forget to nominate a streaming service https://flicks.com.au will find it for you.

Or you can just bittorrent it 🤙

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
when I first saw the reviews of The Bear (Disney+) and accompanying articles about "what meat do they use in The Bear" and "How to cook the recipes in The Bear" I thought it was going to be a foodie nerd wank fest.
But, having not much else to do, starting watching and finished both series in about a week.
Great show. I reckon season 2 was better than season 1 - the family Christmas episode was chaotically glorious.
If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favour...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Last stop Larrimah on Netflix: fascinating. True story About a guy who goes missing (presumed murdered) in the NT town of Larrimah. Population:11. The characters in this township are just that, characters. You just know this’ll be made into a comedy/drama movie. If done well could be in the Fargo mould. Highly recommend.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Last stop Larrimah on Netflix: fascinating. True story About a guy who goes missing (presumed murdered) in the NT town of Larrimah. Population:11. The characters in this township are just that, characters. You just know this’ll be made into a comedy/drama movie. If done well could be in the Fargo mould. Highly recommend.
Great doco.

A recent series loosely based on Larrimah is on Stan, Population 11. Reviews not great but could be worth a look.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The Playlist on Netflix. Semi-fictional account on the beginnings of Spotify.

well put together and pretty light-hearted

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watching the latest series of Alone Australia on SBS. Now that's a real survivor show. I find it fascinating. Would not be easy in those environments!
I’m a fan. My wife asks why I watch it. I think because I wonder if I could do it.

But I know I wouldn’t last more than half an hour.

“what?! There’s no chicken nuggets? I’m tapping out”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Golf >