TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

That Hunters song was our coming of age song, played late at night around campfires, in cars going on road trips, everywhere Despite it being 15-20 years old. And Pearl Jam were a force in the 90’s along with Crowded House, they were another huge part of the soundtrack of my life. Heard that version for the very first time last night on the Bear. Was like worlds colliding. I think it’s better than the original. Took me on a massive nostalgia loop.

The Bear is so layered. We can all relate. In the frame for best TV of this century.
The Christmas episode was incredible.

Exhausting and brilliant

Reactions: 1 users
Great episode but thought that Jamie-Lee Curtis really dialed it up in the overacting stakes.
Yeah, and I can't stand it when people take out their issues on others. It's selfish and self-indulgent. Quietly beat yourself up on the inside like a real man.

That Hunters song was our coming of age song, played late at night around campfires, in cars going on road trips, everywhere Despite it being 15-20 years old. And Pearl Jam were a force in the 90’s along with Crowded House, they were another huge part of the soundtrack of my life. Heard that version for the very first time last night on the Bear. Was like worlds colliding. I think it’s better than the original. Took me on a massive nostalgia loop.

The Bear is so layered. We can all relate. In the frame for best TV of this century.
The Eddie Vedder version is on Crucible, an album of other artists doing Hunters songs. Not normally a fan of that sort of thing but it is very good. (This Morning by Maty Corby is especially good) The album is available on Spotify). Vedder has played it live with Mark Seymour too.

Agree The Bear is great although I found the Xmas/flashback episode a little long and boring.

The Long Shadow on Stan is worth a watch. It's about the police investigation into the Yorkshire Ripper (and how they botched it).

Reactions: 3 users
Watched the David Beckham 4 part series. Better than I expected. What stuck was just how bad Beckham copped it for his red card in the World Cup. The non-stop crap he copped was complete madness. Also revealing was how badly Hoddle fed Beckham to the wolves and made no attempt to stand up for him. Instead Hoddle seemed at every opportunity blame Beckham for England's World Cup exit.

Reactions: 2 users
Netflix put out some really good / quirky sport docos.

Watched “the Saint of Second Chances” about Mike Veeck whose did Bill owned some Major League Baseball clubs at different times, the last being the Chicago White Sox in the 70s.
Mike was employed by his dad, a self described hustler, to come up with ways to make money. Their thinking was that going to the baseball should be fun.
Mike basically invented much of the game entertainment, giveaways and promos that are part and parcel of MLB games now and in other sports. Came up with the concept of corporate boxes to make money to sign their best players.

Mike is a character.
Great viewing

Reactions: 3 users
How’s Akermanis on the SAS show.
Was angling for a medical discharge with a sore toe, but the doc wasn’t having it.
So he withdrew himself. On day 1.

The Long Shadow on Stan is worth a watch. It's about the police investigation into the Yorkshire Ripper (and how they botched it).
Gave this a viewing, excellent tv.

Reactions: 1 user
Watched the final of 1883 last night. I won't spoil for others, but FMD, a bit gut wrenching.
Excellent show, better than Yellowstone.

Heartbreaking last couple of eps. Never been more affected by a TV death, maybe not even a film one - at least since Bambi's mum.

Excellent show, better than Yellowstone.

Heartbreaking last couple of eps. Never been more affected by a TV death, maybe not even a film one - at least since Bambi's mum.
I started 1923, but it just didn't do it for me.
Not many likable characters.

Watched the David Beckham 4 part series. Better than I expected. What stuck was just how bad Beckham copped it for his red card in the World Cup. The non-stop crap he copped was complete madness. Also revealing was how badly Hoddle fed Beckham to the wolves and made no attempt to stand up for him. Instead Hoddle seemed at every opportunity blame Beckham for England's World Cup exit.
Just watched the first two episodes. Like you said what he went through post that World Cup was next level.

Hoddle and Fergie were chalk and cheese.

There was some serious talent in that Man United team.