U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

I was suggesting Trump was poking fun at the extravagant vocal gymnastics. I don't know the context.

The context is Trump says people should stand proudly to attention during the anthem or face deportation, but doesn't feel that rule applies to himself.

Started to watch it because I wanted to see the lead-up, but didn't bother after seeing it was heavily edited.

Skip the first minute. After that its the raw video footage (with narration). They do edit out parts where nothing is happening, but it has all the key incidents from multiple cameras.

Here it is in black and white - in a piece querying its veracity.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/still-the-land-of-opportunity/

America may claim to value Equal Opportunity, but it does not deliver.

What distinguishes the USA from Europe, in reality, not in some delusional self congratulating image of itself, is that you are less socially and economically mobile in the USA than in Europe.

Trump just wants to keep this happening which is why he favours the rich, gets upset when the black community ask for freedom and justice, but has no problem with gun toting white fellas defending their privilege.

DS

If I was a racist I might claim black people are inherently less capable and require special treatment as they don't have the same potential as other humans. But millions of black Americans have put the lie to it by being successful. Others just wonder why success isn't handed to them. Same applies to whitey.

America has a great tradition of providing opportunity. You've got to want to take it, though.

Do I steal those headphones because a black man died in police custody, or do I study for the exam on Thursday?

You came here to throw stones. I'm just lobbing them back.
Le, why do you think more blacks than whites in America expect success to be handed to them?

Trump has made over 50,000 tweets, but says he doesn't like using twitter.............that would be like him saying he doesn't like lying.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The autopsy said there was no evidence of asphyxiation. What else do you know?

That was the preliminary report. Two more released yesterday tell a different story.

George Floyd, the Minnesota man who died after an officer arresting him pressed his knee onto his neck, died by homicide, according to the results of two autopsies released on Monday — one by the county medical examiner and the other by independent pathologists commissioned by Floyd's family. But the two autopsy reports differed on exactly how the man died.

Dr. Allecia Wilson, one of the pathologists who conducted the independent autopsy, said Monday afternoon that Floyd died as a result of mechanical asphyxiation.

But the report released later Monday by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office said Floyd died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint and neck compression." The manner of death was ruled homicide, but the office noted that "is not a legal determination of culpability or intent." A preliminary autopsy report cited earlier by prosecutors said the county medical examiner's review "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.

Le, why do you think more blacks than whites in America expect success to be handed to them?

Possibly true although I didn't assert it. Many poor are content with their lot, but yes there are more poor blacks than poor whites, proportionally speaking. But about 23 million whites living in poverty and about 9 million blacks.

From what I understand the social security system is not as generous as ours so perhaps that contributes to volatility. The cultural malaise of ghettos referred to earlier is difficult to break out of. Did whitey contribute to the creation of ghettos? Yes. Does the average black start behind the average white in life? Yes. Do blacks have cause to feel resentment? Yes. Does any of it justify this rioting? No.

Last edited:
Trump has all but declared martial law, "one beautiful law". There is a real possibility we are seeing the beginnings of a dictatorship. That he will rig the November election and have precedent to use the military against anyone who protests.

Possibly true although I didn't assert it. Many poor are content with their lot, but yes there are more poor blacks than poor whites, proportionally speaking. But about 23 million whites living in poverty and about 9 million blacks.

From what I understand the social security system is not as generous as ours so perhaps that contributes to volatility. The cultural malaise of ghettos referred to earlier is difficult to break out of. Did whitey contribute to the creation of ghettos? Yes. Does the average black start behind the average white in life? Yes. Do blacks have cause to feel resentment? Yes. Does any of it justify this rioting? No.
Oh. My. God. What a breathtakingly privileged and ignorant statement.

You didn't need an autopsy report to know that. The video is more than damning enough.

yep, Im no physician, but I had drawn the conclusion his appendix hadn't burst

Trump has all but declared martial law, "one beautiful law". There is a real possibility we are seeing the beginnings of a dictatorship. That he will rig the November election and have precedent to use the military against anyone who protests.

that's his end game. maintain power at any cost. He would have masturbated to thoughts of himself as Military Ruler for a fair while now.

He a scary, dangerous, *smile* when he isn't cornered.

Now he's cornered.

Fair enough. You have to assume someone in a responsible position such as medical examiner is not producing paid findings. The cop's in strife then, isn't he?

You only had to watch the video of an unresponsive man with someone's knee on his neck for over 8 minutes to realise that contributed to his death.