U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Just a normal day in the US.

Trumps says that Fauci is an alarmist as the US closes on 150k deaths and Kanye West has his 1st campaign rally, claiming that Americans need their guns because (and I kid you not) they will need them if China invades!!!
Kanye is a chance isn't he. Imagine, Trump ousted by Kanye.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I saw a video of the orange one today when he was asked what he had to say to parents and teachers who were anxious about schools opening after the summer break.
His answer was the schools should be opened and the only people against it were democratic governors who wanted to do things that were bad for the country so he would lose the election.
Nothing about the students, nothing about the teachers just all about him.
He is the definition of a narcissist

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I saw a video of the orange one today when he was asked what he had to say to parents and teachers who were anxious about schools opening after the summer break.
His answer was the schools should be opened and the only people against it were democratic governors who wanted to do things that were bad for the country so he would lose the election.
Nothing about the students, nothing about the teachers just all about him.
He is the definition of a narcissist

Absolutely and I feel sorry for the people of the US. They have a president that will now literally throw them under the bus in order to save his own skin and get re-election. None of this is about what is right for the country / world, only what fits into Trumps re-election campaign.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just amazing that more of the population can't see through this fool. Even 37% support is staggering to me.

A world leader who boasts about passing a cognitive impairment test FFS.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Poll analysis at the time from Nate Silver gave Trump a 15% chance of winning. People interpreted this as meaning zero chance, but that was wrong.. 15% occurs 15% of the time :)

Kanye really is zero but I guess he's a chance to steal some of the Black vote from Biden.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
This is just extraordinary, fascinating and frightening.

Some things that struck me is how readily politicians and media talk so freely about cases and death numbers.
1000 cases every day.... so 1000 people.
Extremely dehumanising, literally, and so easy to glibly say numbers without any thought of the human impact.

The US media is beholden to the left - right politocal game. Watch trump accuse a fox presenter of being a democrat, about the worst insult he could give.
Its so partisan.

Trump is a lying sack o potatoes.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The thing is Trump is behaving no differently now to when he was elected. Flat-out lying, denying the science, saying how great he is, playing to his base and dividing the country rather than trying to unify it. He hasn't dropped the ball on COVID19 - this is the way he's always been.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The thing is Trump is behaving no differently now to when he was elected. Flat-out lying, denying the science, saying how great he is, playing to his base and dividing the country rather than trying to unify it. He hasn't dropped the ball on COVID19 - this is the way he's always been.

Not only when elected, but before he was elected too. It will be an interesting study at some point to understand what it was that allowed him to literally brainwash so many millions around the world.

The leader the world needed now, apparently.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Kanye really has no chance, still trying to get on the ballot paper in a lot of states from what I can gather (that's not a given over there, you nominate but still may not appear on the ballot paper, or machine or whatever, in every state - insane system).

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Kanye really has no chance, still trying to get on the ballot paper in a lot of states from what I can gather (that's not a given over there, you nominate but still may not appear on the ballot paper, or machine or whatever, in every state - insane system).

DS

Apparently left it too late in many states.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
his latest Harriet Tubman comments probably won't help too much with sales

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Absolutely and I feel sorry for the people of the US. They have a president that will now literally throw them under the bus in order to save his own skin and get re-election. None of this is about what is right for the country / world, only what fits into Trumps re-election campaign.
And this is different to all other politicians?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
And this is different to all other politicians?

True but it doesn't seem to be to the same extent as trump. He is literally content to see his citizens die in order to protect his chance at re-election. He could reduce the level of deaths but this doesn't fit with his re-election campaign.