U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
This article makes for interesting reading. The mainstream media have, it seems deliberately avoided labelling violent protests as violent and have deliberately tried to minimise the violence perpetrated by BLM.

Rather ironic saying that when you tried to do the opposite.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Actually they can’t. No-one will host them. Seems an over-reach to me.
How do you know what a bunch of independent private hosting companies will or won't do? Oh look, they have found a host, maybe.

All those cloud providers are free to make their own company decisions - are you going to force a private company to host material, objectionable or otherwise? If they judge the backlash will hurt their positions, that's the free market in operation sunshine.

If Parler seriously can't find a host, raise capital and build server farms. Apparently a lot of RWNJs want it, so there's a business opportunity.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I just had a look at Twitter’s rules and honestly can’t see which he broke. Lying isn’t in there. Incitement to violence is what has been used to deplatform him recently. The closest he comes to this is ‘come to the rally on Jan 6th. It will be wild’. Not sure if this is an actual incitement to act violently. Maybe hateful speech? Or election manipulation?

This wasn’t on Twitter, which was my point.

They didn’t make a very strong case.

So you had seen the Twitter reasoning before your first post quoted here or not?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Obviously no. What is your point?

Just trying to understand your last reply, and the whole sequence really. You bothered looking up and reading Twitter's terms of service agreement but didn't think to read why Twitter decided to permanently suspend Trump.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Crazy isn't how so many people read Trump's statements as incitement to violence. Absolute poppycock. Trump really has sent people nuts.

Agree. Espeacially those of his own party who have turned on him now, Whitehorse staffers who have quit, and even Trump himself who has accepted some responsibility for the Capitol Hill gathering.

Fools the lot of them.

• Haha

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Millions around the world protested against the treatment of black people by law enforcement. Some our these turned violent. (1 study suggested 94% were peaceful) (&i would argue much of the violence as perpetrated by opportunists with no interest to the BLM movement. )
There was 1 "protest" in Washington, that turned violent, 1 on duty policeman was killed, many more injured. They had no cause other than their team lost the election, and they set out to be violent.

Trying to argue they are the same puts you in the McCormack category.
Some of these turned violent is a nice way of saying 19 people died, billions in property damage incurred, dozens were injured, many of them police officers. You ignore that the majority of the capitol hill protesters were peaceful. One side gets the best perspective possible and the other the worst from you. Interesting, I wonder why?

Reactions: 1 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Agree. Espeacially those of his own party who have turned on him now, Whitehorse staffers who have quit, and even Trump himself who has accepted some responsibility for the Capitol Hill gathering.

Fools the lot of them.
The world has indeed gone mad. Baloo just defended Trump.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The world has indeed gone mad. Baloo just defended Trump.

Actually I agreed with you rather than defended Trump. But you're right. These days more often than not, agreeing with you and defending Trump are the same thing.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I gotta say, this transition to the Biden administration has been everything I hoped and more.
Off the top of my head
  • loses the election with counting dragging on over 3 glorious days - but from end of day one result was deliciously apparent
  • loses the election on mail votes after telling his supporters not to vote by mail
  • loses the presidential election in Georgia on the back of a huge campaign by Stacy Abrams to motive black american voters
  • appoints batshit crazy legal team
  • the hilarity of Rudy G at Four Seasons Landscaping
  • the hilarity of Rudy G's head leaking in the presser
  • the hilarity of Sidney Powell alleging "biblical" law suits and getting laughed out of court
  • Rudy/Sidney/Lin Wood facing disbarment
  • Getting told to p1ss off by Bill Barr
  • Loses 60 court cases
  • Loses recounts and audits in Georgia, PA, MI, AZ, NV
  • Rebuffed by ethical Republican Governers and AGs when he wanted them to flip votes
  • humiliated by the released phone call trying to flip Georgia election
  • loses a bunch of SCOTUS cases on standing
  • tries to incite a riot/coup on Capitol Hill and fails
  • Loses the PGA tournament
  • Bill Bellicheck tells him to cram his medal
  • Banned from Twitter
  • Banned from all other social media
I'm sure he's still got a few suprises in store. Falls on his face when coming down the stairs on Marine One? has a diaper malfunction? Malaria files divorce papers? Don Jr cokes out and has a fatal coronary?

I'm going to be sad when it's all over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
Just trying to understand your last reply, and the whole sequence really. You bothered looking up and reading Twitter's terms of service agreement but didn't think to read why Twitter decided to permanently suspend Trump.

Antman stated that Trump had been breaking Twitter’s terms of service for years so I thought I’d check it out. That was my reply.

I didn’t think to google why Twitter banned Trump TBH.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
How do you know what a bunch of independent private hosting companies will or won't do? Oh look, they have found a host, maybe.

All those cloud providers are free to make their own company decisions - are you going to force a private company to host material, objectionable or otherwise? If they judge the backlash will hurt their positions, that's the free market in operation sunshine.

If Parler seriously can't find a host, raise capital and build server farms. Apparently a lot of RWNJs want it, so there's a business opportunity.

Yeah sure. I’m not going to defend Parler, I have never been on there. It just seemed a pretty major bit of muscle flexing on the part of Twitter/Google/Apple to not only deplatform Trump but also another unrelated social media service. It shows you how powerful they are and how much influence they can exert, if they so choose. Lots of people are concerned about it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Parler's banning is all Bezos. Bezos was one of the first invited onto Trumps Technology CEO Council but very quickly quit.

Trump hasn't forgiven him and has made sure no major tender gets awarded to Amazon.

I'm sure Bezos doesn't care too much what Trump or his disciples think.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
I wonder if anyone has thought to ask: if it was so clear Trump was inciting a violent coup on Twitter and at his rally, where were the police?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It wasn't a coup in the traditional sense - as Trump used his usual strategy of throwing *smile* at the wall and seeing what happens. Any competent dictator gets a couple of factions of the police and military on board first and then takes over the tv stations and Capitol Hill. Trump sicced his minions on and wanted to see what would happen. Insiders say he wanted to see blood and mayhem, and then expected the masses and the military to rise up on his behalf.

Of course he failed at that, just like everything else he does.

The intent was there, whether it can be proved is another thing.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I wonder if anyone has thought to ask: if it was so clear Trump was inciting a violent coup on Twitter and at his rally, where were the police?
I wonder if anyone has thought to ask: if it was so clear that Trump was not inciting a violent coup on Twitter and at his rally, why did all those Trump fans march up the hill and try to initiate a violent coup?