U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
Thought the people voted to join Russia

When masked gunmen turn up on your door step you don't cause trouble, the ones who did are now in body bags.

v0lRL4d.jpg

This was the last president who stood up to Russia, suffice to say he came off second best.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So the majority were forced to vote for joining russia?

Considering majority of the people living in crimea are ethnic russians and crimea was part of russia until gifted by the soviet union to soviet ukraine in 1954.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
So the majority were forced to vote for joining russia?

Considering majority of the people living in crimea are ethnic russians and crimea was part of russia until gifted by the soviet union to soviet ukraine in 1954.

The vote was held with soldiers present, you couldn't ask for a more illegitimate process. Have you even been to Crimea? I have & can tell you it isn't the pro-Moscow place that Putin would lead you to believe. If it was it there would be no need to send in the heavies. As for the language spoken, it's bilingual as are most places in the Ukraine.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/trump-putin-and-crimea-dangerous-fall-for-trap-helsinki-summit-10515964

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Crimea has been russian since 1783. Majority are russian who want to be with russia. It belongs to russia. Love how the west accuse russia of stealing crimea, they're just taking back what's theirs after some soviet fool gifted it to ukraine.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
scottyturnerscurse said:
Usually I'd agree but Syria is now a client state of Russia and Iran. And everyone but the Alawites are in for a rough time.

The west wanted regime change in Iraq and we all saw what happened there. The US has no business being there. Russia was invited by Syria to help out. It may not be ideal with many who feel the west and US should rule the world but where do you stop with invading for regime change? Saudi Arabia, Iran? Vlad and Asaad will weed out what's remaining of isis. Brave move by trump to go against the warmongers in the republican party but he's keeping promises made to his voters. Now just to get that wall built.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
The west wanted regime change in Iraq and we all saw what happened there. The US has no business being there. Russia was invited by Syria to help out. It may not be ideal with many who feel the west and US should rule the world but where do you stop with invading for regime change? Saudi Arabia, Iran? Vlad and Asaad will weed out what's remaining of isis. Brave move by trump to go against the warmongers in the republican party but he's keeping promises made to his voters. Now just to get that wall built.

I dunno sounds like he's keeping a promise to his boss, not being brave.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
US Secretary of Defence resigns with a damning resignation letter:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-announces-mattis-will-leave-as-defense-secretary-at-the-end-of-february/2018/12/20/e1a846ee-e147-11e8-ab2c-b31dcd53ca6b_story.html?fbclid=IwAR30n60aeUrNXl4Y5Ro08uWPgZ97Wn_I4VpXw6DJ11GnWTbTgg7Hzbp1vyY&utm_term=.45c5938537c9

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Poor little mad dog. By all means send your soldiers to help your allies like saudi arabia, but stay out of countries your not welcomed in.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
Crimea has been russian since 1783. Majority are russian who want to be with russia. It belongs to russia. Love how the west accuse russia of stealing crimea, they're just taking back what's theirs after some soviet fool gifted it to ukraine.

Wrong.

Following the Soviet Union’s demise, the Russian government accepted that Crimea was part of Ukraine and professed support for Ukraine’s territorial integrity in both bilateral and multilateral agreements.

One such agreement was the 1994 Budapest Memorandum of Security Assurances, in which Russia, the United States, and Britain pledged among other things to respect Ukraine’s territorial integrity. Even Putin acknowledged at one time that Crimea belonged to Ukraine.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/trump-putin-and-crimea-dangerous-fall-for-trap-helsinki-summit-10515964

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Harry said:
..... but he's keeping promises made to his voters. Now just to get that wall built.
Just to be 100% clear. Trump didn't just promise to get the wall built, he promised to get the wall built and have Mexico pay for it

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I spent a couple of days in hospital and overloaded on CNN. I didn't realise how fixated they are on Trump. They really are the Fox News for the anti-Trumps.

Though in their defence I reckon they would be just as fixated if any other president had said and done the things Trump does. He is a real чокнутым in every sense of the word

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Giuliani has come out and said that he never said there was no collusion between Trump’s campaign and Russia in the lead up to the 2016 presidential election, but there may have been some collusion within the campaign members.

So in other words if there was some collusion Trump didn't know about, just like he didn't know about Cohen paying hush money to his hookers.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Trump fanboys rarely visit this thread these days, wonder why? :hihi :hihi Donny taken to school by a 78 year old grandmother.

Will be interesting if he goes for another Shutdown in three weeks or invokes a "National Emergency". Or will he stay caved? Depends if cowardice over another humiliation or his massive ego takes the lead. Tough call, I can't predict which will win out this time.

I play soccer with some of the US embassy guys here in Jakarta - they were hit by the shutdown, no pay and many furloughed. The embassy also pays rent for many of the workers so they were getting hammered by the local landlords too, poor bastards.

The senior Republicans in the house and senate were pretty funny too - "why can't federal employees just take out loans?" Even Donny suggested they could write "personal IOUs for groceries" apparently. What a bunch of disconnected, entitled douchbags. And this in a country where 80% of the population lives from paycheck to paycheck.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Trump now telling ALL his security advisers to 'go back to school' & learn how to parrot what the master of all topics preaches. Couldn't write a more bizarre script if you tried, and then there's the braindead 40% who support the guy who is piece by piece destroying his own country.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
bullus_hit said:
Trump now telling ALL his security advisers to 'go back to school' & learn how to parrot what the master of all topics preaches. Couldn't write a more bizarre script if you tried, and then there's the braindead 40% who support the guy who is piece by piece destroying his own country.

Ah yes the same intel agencies that gave us iraqi WMD's