U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Careful, you don't want to introduce facts to the argument, they wreck the right's narrative.

DS
Hey PRE fans lets move the conversation back to the it was scotts fault thread. After all he did cause all of the bushfires this year, he killed 33 people and enjoyed it.
Hows that for agreeing with the non right narrative?
See how stupid you lot sound to those of us who dont talk your language. Your "logic" aint working.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We're not the ones claiming this is all the fault of the Greens (not in power) and claiming local councils in the bushfire areas are all greenie hippies.

Also, nice straw man about Scott from Marketing causing the fires. Who has claimed that? It's just that he was missing in action and then incompetent when the situation got serious.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No-one but HR keeps throwing it onto the wall and hoping it will stick. Maybe he even believes it himself.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
We're not the ones claiming this is all the fault of the Greens (not in power) and claiming local councils in the bushfire areas are all greenie hippies.

Also, nice straw man about Scott from Marketing causing the fires. Who has claimed that? It's just that he was missing in action and then incompetent when the situation got serious.

DS
Yep.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
No-one but HR keeps throwing it onto the wall and hoping it will stick. Maybe he even believes it himself.
What i should have said was that it was Scotts fault because he took a piece of coal into parliment. Am i getting closer.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No, that just showed he is an irresponsible f***wit who is good for a stunt and little else, not that he caused the fires.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Much like the ideological war on climate change, Trump's concerted war on science, health and the environment looks like coming back to bite him with the Corona virus.

I'd agree that it looks like being a severe test of his leadership. Not sure any world leaders are going to emerge from this smelling of roses.

You also need to read the article with the understanding that the publishers haven't had a positive word to say about Trump in four years.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd agree that it looks like being a severe test of his leadership.

You also need to read the article with the understanding that the publishers haven't had a positive word to say about Trump in four years.

You also need to read the article in terms of the massive cuts he made to the Centre for Disease Control - because in his words he didn't see the point of all those highly paid experts on staff just waiting around doing nothing. If you consciously run down science, environment and health eventually it will come back to bite you.

The stock market is tanking already - one of his claims for success. If Corona's impact continues to increase it will get worse.

The other interesting point is that given poor peoples lack of access to health care and the Administration's policy that people must paid to be tested we'll have large numbers of the poor just staying home, not getting tested or treated. Recipe for total disaster.

If the economy blows up and thousands of poor people die, that's a big problem for him. Not that I care what happens to him of course.

Vote for an anti-intellectual, anti-science, anti-truth, anti-reason, dim-witted populist and this is what you will get.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If the economy blows up and thousands of poor people die, that's a big problem for him.

Just waiting for the "The disease is coming into the US from Mexico. This is why we need 'The Wall'"

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just waiting for the "The disease is coming into the US from Mexico. This is why we need 'The Wall'"

Good point. Just turn it into more xenophobia. It's not that Trump destroyed our medical defence infrastructure, its the Mexicans/Chinese who done it.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
You also need to read the article in terms of the massive cuts he made to the Centre for Disease Control - because in his words he didn't see the point of all those highly paid experts on staff just waiting around doing nothing. If you consciously run down science, environment and health eventually it will come back to bite you.

The stock market is tanking already - one of his claims for success. If Corona's impact continues to increase it will get worse.

The other interesting point is that given poor peoples lack of access to health care and the Administration's policy that people must paid to be tested we'll have large numbers of the poor just staying home, not getting tested or treated. Recipe for total disaster.

If the economy blows up and thousands of poor people die, that's a big problem for him. Not that I care what happens to him of course.

Vote for an anti-intellectual, anti-science, anti-truth, anti-reason, dim-witted populist and this is what you will get.
It’s all ok. Some crazy preacher in the US has stated that God has spared the US from the virus because of Donald Trump and that view has been reinforced by the nutcase lady preacher he has working at the Whitehouse as his spiritual adviser.
The US is being governed by a group of nutcases and to be honest it’s pretty scary.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It’s all ok. Some crazy preacher in the US has stated that God has spared the US from the virus because of Donald Trump and that view has been reinforced by the nutcase lady preacher he has working at the Whitehouse as his spiritual adviser.
The US is being governed by a group of nutcases and to be honest it’s pretty scary.

Indonesia are also claiming Gods blessing for the lack of COVID-19 in Indonesia. With 265m people right on our doorstep, we better hope god keeps blessing Indonesia.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Didn't Hilary engage in imaginary conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt?

It's a weird country.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Golly, it's not like Snopes to put a leftist spin on these things.

You lot would've had Hilary in the big chair.

You lot? I'm not an American Citizen so ineligible to vote, so no, I wouldn't have had her anywhere. My question is simply why there was a need to bring in Hillary at any mention of Trump being odd. She's not the President, she's not running for President, so what's the point?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Indonesia are also claiming Gods blessing for the lack of COVID-19 in Indonesia. With 265m people right on our doorstep, we better hope god keeps blessing Indonesia.
True. However I don’t believe there is none in Indonesia or 1 in Cambodia etc !!