U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

You mean the East-West link that the irresponsible Libs signed on to literally days before an election was held. Yeah, they were thinking only about the good of the taxpayer there.

Myki and all the silly ticketing systems introduced just to get rid of connies, who cost a hell of a lot less than any of these systems, have been a complete waste of money. Both parties to blame for those systems.

DS
Lobor should have just stuck with it but it wasnt their money, would have been great for the city and the people who live in Melbourne. Such a shame they wasted your money.

The East-West link would be the East-West car park like all the other freeways.

Rail tunnel is a much better idea, the city loop was always silly, how are you supposed to get 12 or so railway lines onto 4 tracks? It don't fit and we have less trains scheduled each day than we had in the 1960s. About time the rail system was improved, it was built back when we had a fraction of the people we have now.

As for the US Presidential election, well, it comes down to the usual calculation: oppositions aren't voted in, governments are voted out. Let's see how the USA is going in November and that will tell you the result.

In any case, whoever you vote for, the government gets in.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
so anyway now we have the prospect of one of three super-old guys being president, two of whom show increasing signs of late-onset dementia and one who just had a heart attack.

True enough that Trump would be the oldest US president if he's re-elected and makes it to the end of a second term (ahead of Reagan, who was regarded as a good president). The you've got Biden and Sanders, 3.5 and 5 years older respectively.

I reckon Trump could take on the other two at the same time and KO the pair inside the first round. Sanders wouldn't make a very good Drago.

EKZLcwgXsAIFEsN.jpg

New York declares a state of emergency while Trump continues to mumble on about what a great research scientist he would have been.

New York declares a state of emergency while Trump continues to mumble on about what a great research scientist he would have been.
If Trump keeps big noting himself (which he will) on how much he knows about the Coronavirus he will hand victory to the Democrats. He said that he has “a natural ability” to understand the outbreak. :rotfl2
He gets away with bluff and bluster on all other matters, but he is going to be found out in regards to this terrible virus.

True enough that Trump would be the oldest US president if he's re-elected and makes it to the end of a second term (ahead of Reagan, who was regarded as a good president). The you've got Biden and Sanders, 3.5 and 5 years older respectively.

I reckon Trump could take on the other two at the same time and KO the pair inside the first round. Sanders wouldn't make a very good Drago.

EKZLcwgXsAIFEsN.jpg

For a tough fit guy Trump seems to wet his pants a lot.

• Haha
If Trump keeps big noting himself (which he will) on how much he knows about the Coronavirus he will hand victory to the Democrats. He said that he has “a natural ability” to understand the outbreak. :rotfl2
He gets away with bluff and bluster on all other matters, but he is going to be found out in regards to this terrible virus.
i doubt it, if he wasn’t found out prior to the election and wasn’t found out during his term I doubt he,ll be found out over this.

i doubt it, if he wasn’t found out prior to the election and wasn’t found out during his term I doubt he,ll be found out over this.
You are probably right. But South Korea have had a total of 7,041 cases with 48 deaths, the USA have had 409 cases with 19 deaths. I know that they initially had faulty test kits, but the main problem has been a lack of test kits, which would reflect in the high number of deaths to the number of cases. Trump as the President has to got to wear a lot of the blame.

You can tell he's a lefty because he has the state on the verge of bankruptcy.
I’m no great advocate for the Andrews government but this is absolutely not true.

I’m no great advocate for the Andrews government but this is absolutely not true.

That's an old report.

Treasurer defiant as Victoria's economic gloom mounts

I don't want to debate it as I don't know the details. Just a succession of hints in mainstream news articles since Christmas.

That's an old report.

Treasurer defiant as Victoria's economic gloom mounts

I don't want to debate it as I don't know the details. Just a succession of hints in mainstream news articles since Christmas.
It’s not an old report, it’s November last year. It’s the annual VAGO report on Victoria’s financial position
You don’t want to debate because you don’t know the details ? Replace that with you don’t know what you are talking about and you would be closer to the truth.
Victoria’s financial position is showing some deterioration but it’s not even in the same stratosphere as “nearing bankruptcy”

It’s not an old report, it’s November last year. It’s the annual VAGO report on Victoria’s financial position
You don’t want to debate because you don’t know the details ? Replace that with you don’t know what you are talking about and you would be closer to the truth.
Victoria’s financial position is showing some deterioration but it’s not even in the same stratosphere as “nearing bankruptcy”

As stated, I don't wish to debate it. Labor is only in power because the Victorian alternative is so poor.

As stated, I don't wish to debate it. Labor is only in power because the Victorian alternative is so poor.

Odd statement. It's pretty clear the Coalition are in power Federally because the alternative is so poor.

What's the point?

I don’t know the definition of a state government going into bankruptcy but doubling the states debt in 1 year and intending on increasing it markedly over the next 3 years doesn’t seem sound to me. Just passing the Debt to future governments and future generations of taxpayers.

“The state's net debt increased from $2.9 billion (0.7 per cent of GSP) at 30 June 2018 to $6.3 billion (1.4 per cent of GSP) at 30 June 2019. It is expected to rise significantly to $43.4 billion by 30 June 2023 (7.9 per cent of GSP) because of increased borrowings to fund large infrastructure investment, and the impact of new accounting standards coming into effect from 2019–20.”

I'm tipping the whole country will be in recession this year unfortunately, and its little to do with either the state or federal government. Josh and Scott's fear of stimulus will mean it's just worse and for longer.

I'm tipping the whole country will be in recession this year unfortunately, and its little to do with either the state or federal government. Josh and Scott's fear of stimulus will mean it's just worse and for longer.
We've been hearing this R word for nearly 2 years. When does it start?