U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not sure, you were the one who introduced the concept of people taking responsibility for their life choices.

It seems you are selective about who you apply that rule to, so I'll let you decide.

Is it really a life choice if a system is indifferent to churning out dummies while they're young and impressionable?

Anyway, back to Teflon Don and Crazy Bernie.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sure, why not, but you haven't explained why women having a family is a life choice and men choosing not to go to university is somehow not a life choice.
I have a family full of teachers although I am not one myself. The main reason they give for so many leaving the profession is that the workloads for everything that is not actual teaching have gone through the roof along with the expectations that teachers are also part time social workers, nurses and psychiatrists. That and the fact they are paid like crap.
As a society we need to learn to support our teachers much better than we do now

Reactions: 6 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
They're married. To men. And not women who identify as men.

Only one is still in the school system.

Don't worry L2, I too have many many family members who are /were teachers & they are also married to partners of the opposte gender.
I dips my lid to all teachers, it's a really tough job, especially in the current climate.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
That and the fact they are paid like crap.

As a society we need to learn to support our teachers much better than we do now
I dips my lid to all teachers, it's a really tough job, especially in the current climate.

Yeah I agree that the standing of teachers in the community has slipped. They are stuck in a system that isn't working optimally for anyone. Hard to demand a pay hike without results. Nobody would've supported Dimma getting a pay rise after 2016.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yeah I agree that the standing of teachers in the community has slipped. They are stuck in a system that isn't working optimally for anyone. Hard to demand a pay hike without results. Nobody would've supported Dimma getting a pay rise after 2016.
I don’t disagree but It is chicken and egg to me LTRTR.
Maybe we don’t get the results because we aren’t creating the conditions and environment to recruit the best people to teach? We don’t value our teachers enough so we get what we deserve. What comes first?
That being said there are some magnificent teachers on our system who deserve more than they get. Not just money but recognition as well. Equally there are some who go through the motions, no doubt.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So L2R2R, sorry to bring facts in again, but.

You point to women outnumbering men in higher education. You then claim that women are not disadvantaged in the workforce or paid less.

But the fact is that, given that women outnumber men in higher education, if women were treated the same as men, then surely women would be at least half of the senior academics in Australia. But the reality is that only 30% of the professoriate (Associate Profs and Profs) are women in Australia. You see the issue is not that men and women are paid different rates for the same job, it is that men get promoted before women.

Must be those Lezzo academic types promoting all the men I suppose :rolleyes:

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I have a family full of teachers although I am not one myself. The main reason they give for so many leaving the profession is that the workloads for everything that is not actual teaching have gone through the roof along with the expectations that teachers are also part time social workers, nurses and psychiatrists. That and the fact they are paid like crap.
Agree that teachers need more support.
Who would won't to be a teacher. Once upon a time parents would tear strips off their child for poor grades, parents now tear strips off teachers because of their child's poor grades.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Trump is a tremendous leader with a fantastic team behind him who are doing an unbelievable job.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Trump is a tremendous leader with a fantastic team behind him who are doing an unbelievable job.
Can one contract covid through the act of receiving fellatio? If so the esteemed leader may be in trouble considering Gaetz is now in quarantine.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Certainly if you're in it for the frequent holiday blocks and 9-3:30 teaching hours, you're likely to get a shock.

I've been a teacher, realised it really wasn't for me. Lucky I never thought it would only be the time spent in front of class which was your job. I reckon I was working over 50 hours a week and all through the holidays. Then you end up with 1 year contracts too so looking for the next job.

I hope my daughter finds it better as she is doing an MEd at the moment.

DS

Reactions: 4 users