UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Just wondering if anybody takes any interest in the UFC here or MMA in general.

Is it worthy of me starting a thread on it?
Just for the record I love it just as much as I do the AFL and NBA.

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
Re: UFC???

Jukes Extended said:

Don't miss it on a Thurs night. Wish I had pay tv to watch it live. Surely it will eventually be legalised in VIC, would get massive crowds.

Some seriously tough men in that sport.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia

Indeed, great sport. I am a Lyoto Machida fan along with GSP. Really liked Anderson Silva untill he did the whole idiot routine, was a refreshing change to see him get beat up by Sonnen.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

It needs to get legalized asap, Brumby was totally against this.
MMA in a ring is okay but MMA in a cage is illegal in Victoria...Surely they can budge on this stance.

My favs are Dunham, Jon Jones & upcomer Phil Davis.
Like Rashad Evans even though he's a douche at times lol.

Anderson Silva is another one I like, GSP vs Silva....Is getting pushed, Would be an awesome fight.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

LOVE MMA.

jose aldo, is in my opinion the best striker in the UFC, and a lightweight who recently fought, edson barboza also has amazing technical muay thai striking that is a pleasure to watch in an mma setting.

sotiropolous is a beast on the ground, and you cant go past GSP for executing winning game plans.

outside of the UFC, nick diaz is the man!

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Doolz85 said:
LOVE MMA.

jose aldo, is in my opinion the best striker in the UFC, and a lightweight who recently fought, edson barboza also has amazing technical muay thai striking that is a pleasure to watch in an mma setting.

sotiropolous is a beast on the ground, and you cant go past GSP for executing winning game plans.

outside of the UFC, nick diaz is the man!

you got a mate training mma dont ya, or was it pro wrestling?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Don't mind watching this type of stuff, but only really get to see it on the internet.

Watch a bit on YouTube, not the greatest but beggars can't be choosers.

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Streak said:
Don't mind watching this type of stuff, but only really get to see it on the internet.

Watch a bit on YouTube, not the greatest but beggars can't be choosers.

one HD on thursday nights

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

LidsBling&Cotch said:
one HD on thursday nights

Country WA mate. Only digital channels we get are ABC and SBS at the moment.

Am truely hoping that the local commercial channels maintain their deals with their parent Perth Channels and we get the same digitial channels they see in Perth.

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Streak said:
Country WA mate. Only digital channels we get are ABC and SBS at the moment.

Am truely hoping that the local commercial channels maintain their deals with their parent Perth Channels and we get the same digitial channels they see in Perth.

that sucks

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

It's on Austar all the time Streaker. PM me your address and I'll collect a bit on the recorder and send you a couple of DVD's if you like.

snaps truly

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2008
Hobart

Disco08 said:
It's on Austar all the time Streaker. PM me your address and I'll collect a bit on the recorder and send you a couple of DVD's if you like.

From Monday through to Thursday. They have been showing the first few ultimate fighter series with the Griffin and Bonner fight the standout. Koscheck is a laugh!

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

LidsBling&Cotch said:
you got a mate training mma dont ya, or was it pro wrestling?

both dude, ive been doing martial arts for about 16 years now and moved over to doing mma about 2 1/2 years ago. in thailand at the moment working on my muay thai, hoping to get an offer for a fight in the next 3 days or so, fingers crossed.

my best is a pro wrestler, it makes for hilarious slanging matches between me and him, the staged stuff vs the legit stuff :hihi

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

Doolz85 said:
both dude, ive been doing martial arts for about 16 years now and moved over to doing mma about 2 1/2 years ago. in thailand at the moment working on my muay thai, hoping to get an offer for a fight in the next 3 days or so, fingers crossed.

my best is a pro wrestler, it makes for hilarious slanging matches between me and him, the staged stuff vs the legit stuff :hihi

my cousin fights in the shamrock events. hicham is doing mad shows these days, i know him well. next one is in april and you should come with

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

Doolz85 said:

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

I agree about Jose Aldo.....People don't realize how good he is because he's been fighting in the WEC.

We are limited on the mma we can watch with is a shame.
Thankfully there are ways around this.

Also Strikeforce is on 7 Mate regularly.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

LidsBling&Cotch said:
my cousin fights in the shamrock events. hicham is doing mad shows these days, i know him well. next one is in april and you should come with

yeh dude keep me posted!

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Jukes Extended said:

Dear me Jukes