UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

Re: UFC???

Streak said:
How come?

No suitable opponents, or are you being prevented from fighting by officialdom?

the promoter doesnt have slots on the pre-xmas fight card, and i cant change my flights to stay an extra week to fight.

plus side tho...BEER! ;D

snaps truly said:
From Monday through to Thursday. They have been showing the first few ultimate fighter series with the Griffin and Bonner fight the standout. Koscheck is a laugh!
That fight still gives me goosebumps. Toe-to-toe through the whole fight. Man that was something!

tigerlandishome said:
That fight still gives me goosebumps. Toe-to-toe through the whole fight. Man that was something!

Griffin is one tough dude. Did you see his forearm where the bone was snapped (and didn't heal properly) from a previous fight? His opponent had him in an arm lock for the submission, the arm was broken but Griff reversed it and beat him.

snaps truly said:
Griffin is one tough dude. Did you see his forearm where the bone was snapped (and didn't heal properly) from a previous fight? His opponent had him in an arm lock for the submission, the arm was broken but Griff reversed it and beat him.
Sure did. He didn't give up, but punched his way out of it. Sick Mother. He said he actually likes to be hit. :eek:

I've read this thread and am none the wiser. What are UFC and MMA?

UFC stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship and it's contestants are exponents of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Most fighters these days train in various martial arts such as jiu-jitsu, judo, kickboxing etc. whereas, in the beginning, it was virtually fighter with different styles and techniques fighting one another.

More info here: http://au.ufc.com/about

frankie edgar really impressed me with how he came back from the beating he took in the first round, draws are never good but i think it was a fair choice after watching it again.

Doolz85 said:
frankie edgar really impressed me with how he came back from the beating he took in the first round, draws are never good but i think it was a fair choice after watching it again.

He got a beating in the first round, Surprised he came back from that.
That said......I feel Maynard should have got the decision.
Should be a good rematch....Gotta feel for Pettis though, He was due to face the winner.

pettis will take a fight in the interim ive heard and read. hopefully for his sake he wins, always a bit of a gamble going down that path.

Brock Lesnar vs Junior Dos Santos in the next season of "The Ultimate Fighter."
Winner will get a shot at Heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez.

Interesting choice....Brock needs to realize you will get punched in the face from time to time....Doesn't mean you crawl up and take a pounding.
He needs to fix this or Santos will crush him.

Junior Dos Santos English is average at best.

Doolz85 said:
pettis will take a fight in the interim ive heard and read. hopefully for his sake he wins, always a bit of a gamble going down that path.

Pettis will fight Clay Guida on The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale...Look forward to that one.

geeze knocking out Chuck Liddell with a broken arm was a fair effort.