UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Re: UFC???

Doolz85 said:
:eek:

what a front kick.

Yeah that was crazy...apparently Steven Segal taught him how to master that move.
Silva is the best MMA fighter I have ever seen, Hasn't lost since 2006 and that was a DQ.
18 fight win streak and undefeated in the UFC is an amazing achievement.

If GSP beats Jake Shields then a Silva vs GSP is likely to happen.
But Yushin Okami deserves his title shot at Silva first....it would be fair if he misses out because of the super fight.

Jon Jones was amazing against Bader....dominated that fight.
Gonna be a good fight against Shogun for the title.

One thing I didn't like was when Cerrone was going for the touch-glove at the beginning of the fight and Kelly went for the cheap shot.
That was dirty......wouldn't expect anything less from an Englishman tbh ;D

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
)

yeh, silva is the man.

okami should get the next shot at middleweight, silva will want to avenge that DQ loss to him. (silva was DOMINATING that fight up until the DQ)

jones is amazing, the future, win or lose against shogun he will take a lot from the experience.

i know a few a guys who do what kelly did, all of them euro, not sure if thats something that is common place in euro fight cards or not but i think its not a good look.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne

Jukes Extended said:
Yeah that was crazy...apparently Steven Segal taught him how to master that move.
Silva is the best MMA fighter I have ever seen, Hasn't lost since 2006 and that was a DQ.
18 fight win streak and undefeated in the UFC is an amazing achievement.

If GSP beats Jake Shields then a Silva vs GSP is likely to happen.
But Yushin Okami deserves his title shot at Silva first....it would be fair if he misses out because of the super fight.

Jon Jones was amazing against Bader....dominated that fight.
Gonna be a good fight against Shogun for the title.

One thing I didn't like was when Cerrone was going for the touch-glove at the beginning of the fight and Kelly went for the cheap shot.
That was dirty......wouldn't expect anything less from an Englishman tbh ;D

I am a big fan of GSP.

I thought he was a light weight though. What weight does Silva fight at?

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

gsp fights at welterweight, 170 pounds = 77.1kgs, but walks around at about 88kgs

silva fights at middleweight, 185 pounds = 83.9kgs, but walks around at about 95kgs.

that weight difference is important come fight day, GSP should really take his time in moving up weight classes if he goes down that path

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne

Doolz85 said:
gsp fights at welterweight, 170 pounds = 77.1kgs, but walks around at about 88kgs

silva fights at middleweight, 185 pounds = 83.9kgs, but walks around at about 95kgs.

that weight difference is important come fight day, GSP should really take his time in moving up weight classes if he goes down that path

Cheers Doolz.

It would be a great fight if it could happen, but that is a massive weight difference.

GSP might struggle to over power Silva like he does in his fights at the moment.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Re: )

Doolz85 said:
yeh, silva is the man.

okami should get the next shot at middleweight, silva will want to avenge that DQ loss to him. (silva was DOMINATING that fight up until the DQ)

jones is amazing, the future, win or lose against shogun he will take a lot from the experience.

i know a few a guys who do what kelly did, all of them euro, not sure if thats something that is common place in euro fight cards or not but i think its not a good look.

Kelly was cut today from their roster, they say it had nothing to do with the sucker punch.
Lightweights are gonna suffer from the WEC/UFC merger, There are 60 lightweights on UFC roster and want it gradually cut down to 28.

Jones is one of my favourites, look out for Phil Davis he'll be a title contender in 12 months.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/13/1992346/ufc-127-in-depth-preview-video-penn-vs-fitch

Here's a preview to the fights for Sydney at UFC 127.

I remember reading an article not long ago about Bispring,
He was confused why he was getting booed last time he fought at UFC 110.
Aussies dislike the English when sport is concerned end of story :hihi
I hope he loses :cutelaugh

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

Streak said:
I see there isn't a lot of enthusiastic comments on the net for the card of UFC 127.

What do people on here think of it?

Yeah, It's not great....One of the weakest I've seen for a while.
Condit forced out of his fight with Lytle due to injury doesn't help either.

On a side note,
Jeremy Jackson has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison after being found guilty of rape.
He was a former UFC fighter who also appeared on the Ultimate Fighter season 4.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

it was live to air.

it was really annoying seeing the UFC video game commercial EVERY time they went to a break(between rounds and between fights)

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

Pretty good fights.

Mark Hunt destroyed Tuchscherer.
He'd have more wins.....but apparently he doesn't work hard enough in his training camps.
I hope it was a sign of better things to come.

Good so see Aussies Noke and Perosh have impressive wins.
Disappointing result for George Sot,
Got belted in the first round and did well to comeback from there but just couldn't get the fight to the ground.

Brian Ebersole was extremely impressive against Lytle.
Great win for him...look forward to seeing him fight again.
He was very un-orthodox with way he did things out there.
That said Lytle had knee surgery during his training camp, He had meniscus removed from his knee weeks before the fight.

Penn/Fitch draw......hate draws, Everyone had their opinion on who won.
A lot of people said Fitch won and others said Penn won.
Dana White thought Penn won I agree.
He won the first 2 rounds but got hammered in the third but don't believe it was a 10-8 round.

I've made it quite clear of my dislike for Bisping, UFC 127 was no exception.
His behavior was disgusting.
Rivera talked a lot of smack in the lead up to the fight, took the *smile* out of Bisping and his country.
Even made a few funny song videos.
A lot of fighters trash talk...it's part of the game......But I don't believe Rivera did anything too bad.
First of all Bisping kneed Rivera while he was on his knees which is illegal in the sport.
He was in a bad way after that.....imo he wasn't fit to continue.
But immediately after BIsping got the TKO victory he demanded an apology from Rivera.
Then he went over the Rivera's team and spat on them and said a few obscenities.
Dana White has already said he'll be punished...probably fined or suspended.

Bisping is everything I despise in a human being.
He repeatedly throws around homophobic slurs like a high schooler,
he cheats and he apparently lacks any traits to be the bigger and better man.

Belfort has already called him out, So has Sonnen.
Sonnen is still suspended but if he's gonna fight one of these guys it'll be Sonnen.
Sonnen is the trash talk god....it'll be funny to see how it unfolds....plus I'd like to see Bisping get a beating.

That's enough for now.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003

I ventured along and it was well worth the effort. We were about 8 rows from the back and the seats and view were great. At least 6 massive screens too which meant you didn't miss a thing. Crowd made Collingwood cheer squad look like the Windsors - never seen more nervous cops in your life. Might add there was no trouble despite the interesting collection of attendees and the bar running all day. Fights kicked off at 11am and wound up around 4.30pm. Breaks between bouts were brief and there was something happening for 95% of the time.

All of the Australian fighters received massive welcomes - I'd liken the reception to George S to that of Cathy Freeman at the Olympics in 2000 (was lucky enough to be there that night). The roar was amazing.

Kyle Noke made a knob of himself by wearing what looked like a WW2 gas mask from the rooms to the arena - more than made up for it with his efforts in the ring though. He won submission of the night bonus of $75K USD - the Chinese fighter nicknamed The Wolf was unlucky not to take the coin in my opinion - he ended his fight in under a minute with a beautiful rear naked choke.

Canadian Ring was handed a win on points that was widely booed by the crowd. The Japanese bloke was a clear winner in my opinion.

Knockout of the night (& $75K bonus) went to Hunt - large fella who looked like a one trick pony, sledgehammer-like right hand. The knockout uppercut didn't look like much but he had his fist raised and turned to the crowd before Tuchscherer hit the canvas.

Perosh dominated his fight and given the punishment he copped last year from Cro cop after taking the fight at short notice it was a highlight of the night. Looks much more comfortable as a light-heavyweight.

Ebersole was one wierd cat - he came out wearing a helmet (I think he was taking the *smile* out of Noke) and had his chest and stomach hair shaved into an arrow pointing at his head. He started the fight with an attempt at a cartwheel kick to the head and throughout the fight pulled of some crazy moves - very entertaining. I think his unorthodox approach threw Lyttle off his game.

Agree with Jukes on the Penn fight - despite being dominated in rnd 3 I thought he did enough in the first 2 rnds to take the bout.

Denis Siver was bloody impressive in beating Sotiropolos - huge power for a lightweight and refused to be taken to the ground. George lacked the striking power to go toe to toe with him.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne

RFC not KFC said:
I ventured along and it was well worth the effort. We were about 8 rows from the back and the seats and view were great. At least 6 massive screens too which meant you didn't miss a thing. Crowd made Collingwood cheer squad look like the Windsors - never seen more nervous cops in your life. Might add there was no trouble despite the interesting collection of attendees and the bar running all day. Fights kicked off at 11am and wound up around 4.30pm. Breaks between bouts were brief and there was something happening for 95% of the time.

All of the Australian fighters received massive welcomes - I'd liken the reception to George S to that of Cathy Freeman at the Olympics in 2000 (was lucky enough to be there that night). The roar was amazing.

Kyle Noke made a knob of himself by wearing what looked like a WW2 gas mask from the rooms to the arena - more than made up for it with his efforts in the ring though. He won submission of the night bonus of $75K USD - the Chinese fighter nicknamed The Wolf was unlucky not to take the coin in my opinion - he ended his fight in under a minute with a beautiful rear naked choke.

Canadian Ring was handed a win on points that was widely booed by the crowd. The Japanese bloke was a clear winner in my opinion.

Knockout of the night (& $75K bonus) went to Hunt - large fella who looked like a one trick pony, sledgehammer-like right hand. The knockout uppercut didn't look like much but he had his fist raised and turned to the crowd before Tuchscherer hit the canvas.

Perosh dominated his fight and given the punishment he copped last year from Cro cop after taking the fight at short notice it was a highlight of the night. Looks much more comfortable as a light-heavyweight.

Ebersole was one wierd cat - he came out wearing a helmet (I think he was taking the p!ss out of Noke) and had his chest and stomach hair shaved into an arrow pointing at his head. He started the fight with an attempt at a cartwheel kick to the head and throughout the fight pulled of some crazy moves - very entertaining. I think his unorthodox approach threw Lyttle off his game.

Agree with Jukes on the Penn fight - despite being dominated in rnd 3 I thought he did enough in the first 2 rnds to take the bout.

Denis Siver was bloody impressive in beating Sotiropolos - huge power for a lightweight and refused to be taken to the ground. George lacked the striking power to go toe to toe with him.

Thanks for the rundown Colonel.

The card wasn't that good but most of the fights turned out pretty good.

I don't believe Perosh can make a career in the UFC, Just to add to the local flavour.
The UFC owed him one, after he was sent to the wolves against Cro cop.

I saw a segment on one of the current affair programs, which was relating to Melbourne's stance on MMA in a cage.
The powers that be are being very stubborn and I don't see them changing their stance on this.
Which is a shame Melbourne would be a better venue for the UFC, Financially they would make alot more.
Next Sydney show I might go Sydney from Melbourne to see the event...if the card is worthy.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003

Jukes - spot on again re Perosh. Local flavour only.

I really want to see Cung Le make the move across from Strikeforce & also pumped for the Rua - Jones match.