Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

tigertim said:
This weeks top and bottom 3 of the free kick differential:

1: Footscray +52
2: Collingwood +49 (still very stiff....)

3: Adelaide +20

16: Hawthorn-18
17: Richmond-19
18: Carlton-40

How did the Dogs get there? Maybe wearing a better perfume for those green maggots.

Our thoughts and prayers for the Chokers....

tigertim said:

Geez that's not bad. We're usually -19 per game

TigerForce said:
How did the Dogs get there? Maybe wearing a better perfume for those green maggots.

Our thoughts and prayers for the Chokers....

The Dogs seem to have done well with the umpires for a long time, and this is what I don't get. How come some teams do well year after year? The last time the Dogs were negative on frees was 2013.

DS

tigertim said:

We have given Carlton a bit of a start.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
They claim that nobody will want to be an umpire unless they eliminate abuse.

I call *smile*. There will always be little control freaks who weren't good enough to play.

It's a case of supply and demand. Pretty good money for a part-time occupation, but if the AFL has to increase their salaries a little, so be it.
Near 2k for some training, a meeting or two, and 2 hours game time a week. Many jobs especially in service and customer support are replete with abuse. Day in day out, 40 hours a week at 25 bucks an hour. If you can't hack abuse - if you can actually hear it out on the ground - then get out. For two hours you can boo and hurl abuse at me all you like if you pay me a couple of grand for a part time gig. I'll even open a twitter account so you can sledge me online as well. :hihi

DavidSSS said:
The Dogs seem to have done well with the umpires for a long time, and this is what I don't get. How come some teams do well year after year? The last time the Dogs were negative on frees was 2013.

DS

Because they train for the rules more than we do.

4 field dumpires during the bye rounds. How many more do we need? Hope they bump into each other.

TigerForce said:
4 field dumpires during the bye rounds. How many more do we need? Hope they bump into each other.

Christ they will probably be paying free kicks left right & centre now

French Tiger said:
Christ they will probably be paying free kicks left right & centre now
Wouldn't it be great if 2 or 3 debated on-field on what they saw? ;D

TT33 said:
Oh good, 4 Green M@660ts to abuse. ;D

This will be the number of dumpires on field by 2078.
2-2-bigger.jpg

TigerForce said:

Yep need an extra umpire to ignore the obvious free for us.

TigerForce said:
Where did you hear this?

The UA site says we have Stevic, Gavine and Whetton (Shaun Ryan emergency): https://aflua.com.au/wp-content/uploads/ROUND-12-2019.pdf

BrisTiger24 said:
Where did you hear this?

The UA site says we have Stevic, Gavine and Whetton (Shaun Ryan emergency): https://aflua.com.au/wp-content/uploads/ROUND-12-2019.pdf

Gestapo Gill's website.

Harry said:
Yep need an extra umpire to ignore the obvious free for us.

Because we're still in the 8, Gestapo Gill's not happy and has to come up with new strategy....

The Big Richo said:
They are going to rotate I think, not have 4 on the ground.
[/quote
Yep. Interchangeable maggots, just when you get sick of being reamed by one n start to abuse him by name. There's a bright shiny new one to take over the reaming n confuse you.

Ratogalia non mark paid. Goal.
Prestia non holding the ball paid. Goal.
Higgins goal not paid.
Vlastuin sliding free not paid. Goal.
4 goals from the umps.
Farce