Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Harry said:
Ratogalia non mark paid. Goal.
Prestia non holding the ball paid. Goal.
Higgins goal not paid.
Vlastuin sliding free not paid. Goal.
4 goals from the umps.
Farce
It's disgusting. How can they still be getting score reviews wrong?

You just KNEW they were going to call Higgins goal a behind. Disgrace.

Caddy nearly crippled with a slide. Play on, goal to them.

(not umps, but that goal review will have Nathan Buckley writing a letter of please explain to the afl. How much more blatantly can it be?)

Thing that gets me is when Martin gets tackled he gets a micro second to dispose of the ball before the Umps blow the whistle. They are so edgy to blow it when he gets tackled whereas Ablett etc have all night. It’s bias. You could prepare a video clearly showing the time difference.

Tenacious Tiges said:
Thing that gets me is when Martin gets tackled he gets a micro second to dispose of the ball before the Umps blow the whistle. They are so edgy to blow it when he gets tackled whereas Ablett etc have all night. It’s bias. You could prepare a video clearly showing the time difference.

13-20. It's the norm now. Robbed of a goal too.

Goal review was totally right. Goal umpire calls that it hit the post, there is no way that replay can overturn that.

Bill James said:
Goal review was totally right. Goal umpire calls that it hit the post, there is no way that replay can overturn that.
Huh? Ch 7 showed another angle front on where it didn't hit the post at all.

Soldo in the first qtr should’ve got 3 or 4 frees. Stanley was holding him at nearly every contest.
The one that got me was the Houli tackle on Ablett the umpire gave ablett half a hour before he called holding the ball.
We would just touch the ball, it was immediately paid

Bill James said:
Once again there was vision available that they didn't use. the last replay which the reviewer didn't use shows the ball missing the post by plenty!!!

And the one where Vlastuin has his legs taken out ::) if that's not contact below the knees then rule doesn't exist, Kelly sliding studs first in and its Play on and all we hear from the commentary team is the Danger Ablett wank fest.

Your dreaming. Its missing the post when its half way up the post. It doesn't cross the line until its well below the top of the padding, Its impossible to say it missed the padding from that front on replay.