Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Bill James said:
Your dreaming. Its missing the post when its half way up the post. It doesn't cross the line until its well below the top of the padding, Its impossible to say it missed the padding from that front on replay.
Watch the front on again. When the ball is near invisible behind the padding, Taylor is hanging back a foot from the goal line. It's in.

Harry said:
Even the goal reviewers are cheats

They sacked one of those who made a blunder which cost us a goal last year.

How can a business pushing towards a billion dollars a year be so poorly administered?

Out: McLachlan
In: Gale

*smile* off now Gil.

Tenacious Tiges said:
Thing that gets me is when Martin gets tackled he gets a micro second to dispose of the ball before the Umps blow the whistle. They are so edgy to blow it when he gets tackled whereas Ablett etc have all night. It’s bias. You could prepare a video clearly showing the time difference.

It is blatantly a shorter time they give to Martin before they gleefully blow the whistle.

it's not just martin, it's all our blokes. The Prestia one on the boundary was disgraceful.

Why is it that when we get tackled and the ball is lost in the tackle it's holding the ball? we tackled them all night, ball bobbles out and it's a ball up or play on....drives me insane. Just seems like 2 interpretations all the time.

Barkdog said:
Just seems like 2 interpretations all the time.

It is two interpretations.

Been watching a lot of footy and I honestly have no idea what the rule is. Except, if the umpire calls it then it's a correct decision and if he doesn't call it then it's a correct decision.

Tenacious Tiges said:
Thing that gets me is when Martin gets tackled he gets a micro second to dispose of the ball before the Umps blow the whistle. They are so edgy to blow it when he gets tackled whereas Ablett etc have all night. It’s bias. You could prepare a video clearly showing the time difference.

The umpire gave Ablett 5 times more time to get rid of it, then when Martin got caught with it in the centre.
Huge difference.
Why are they still paying free kicks to blokes that Duck?

The Big Richo said:
It was really noticeable early that they were aware of holding onto the ball when they didn't have prior to create a ball up.

Wish we were allowed that luxury once or twice a game.

Wish they would pay holding the man, once or twice a season would do, how about they pay it 1% of the time, would be an improvement on what happens now, which is farcical.

DS

DavidSSS said:
Wish we were allowed that luxury once or twice a game.

The old Hardwick style was to lock it in, hit the boundary, force the stoppage.

Now we try to keep it moving. When tackled, attempt to handpass. And it works against us with the current interpretations.

The Big Richo said:
It was really noticeable early that they were aware of holding onto the ball when they didn't have prior to create a ball up.

There was one early where Selwood was tackled around the waist. He just hugged the ball to himself and curled up and forced a bounce. These are the ones that should be getting pinged, where one or both arms are free.

Barkdog said:
it's not just martin, it's all our blokes. The Prestia one on the boundary was disgraceful.

Why is it that when we get tackled and the ball is lost in the tackle it's holding the ball? we tackled them all night, ball bobbles out and it's a ball up or play on....drives me insane. Just seems like 2 interpretations all the time.

I can’t understand it either. Martin generally gets crucified.

123kid said:
Geelong train to win free kicks, that’s why they won more.
They do a good job of milking everything and we should learn from this. Late 3rd quarter Townsend bumps the Geelong player on the shoulder, he throws his arms back like he was shot and gets a free. Even the commentators said "high shoulder". incredibly undisciplined by Townsend afterwards but here was no infringement.
The fact is players like Mason Cox and Ben Brown get easy goals through dubious frees, typically we don't.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
They sacked one of those who made a blunder which cost us a goal last year.

How can a business pushing towards a billion dollars a year be so poorly administered?

Out: McLachlan
In: Gale

*smile* off now Gil.

Been hardly any mention of the 3 wrong decisions that were awarded goals to te Mudpies, I notice.

If I hear "Adelaide, holding" once more I'm gunna scream.

Home crowd decisions are alive and well

Needs to be a royal commission based on this game alone.

So many rubbish frees paid.

What about the HTB that wasnt paid to us in the first quarter??? That is HTB every day of the week including Sundays