Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Yes probably right but they've never been lenient in this scenario in watching footy for 3 decades or more. Why would it suddenly change just because it was a Tiger? If you take a bounce then any retardation whatsoever will result in a free against. I have more concern about Rioli's lack of awareness in the situation to even attempt a bounce. He has a real lack of confidence about him atm.
Because the 2019 version of the laws is silent on the matter of bouncing and possession.

From what I see, Grimes got into the head of Cameron. :) Good.
No difference to what Bri$vega$ were doing too to other players. Dont get his beef. Part of the footy.
Many clubs do it. push how far they can impede without giving away or be seen to cop a free kick.
Agree the Scott brothers would do it all day

Reactions: 1 user
Because the 2019 version of the laws is silent on the matter of bouncing and possession.

Yeah and? It's been adjudicated the same this year as every other year and I'm happy for it to stay that way. It's been one of the most consistently interpreted rules making it a pleasant change from the myriad of poorly interpreted rules that are actually in the book.

Yeah and? It's been adjudicated the same this year as every other year and I'm happy for it to stay that way. It's been one of the most consistently interpreted rules making it a pleasant change from the myriad of poorly interpreted rules that are actually in the book.

I would prefer that the tackle is a proper tackle, and in most cases, the player bouncing the ball loses control and is definitely a free kick.

I don't like it when it is a simple jumper grap and has no influence on the player controlling the ball and he ultimately correctly disposes of it.

Consistency of interpretation is a virtue, but I wouldn't mind a change to this one.

Reactions: 1 users
No Chamberlain
No Fisher
No Deboy
No Sawers
This week

Yissss. We have Matthew Nichols, Craig Fleer and Chris Donlon.

We had Fleer last in round 23 two weeks ago = Frees For: 18, Frees Against: 22
Nichols against Collingwood in round 19 = FF: 16 and FA: 19
And we haven't had Donlon since Dreamtime at the G back in July = FF: 21 and FA: 22

Last edited:
We had Fleer last in round 23 two weeks ago.
Nichols against Collingwood in round 19.
And we haven't had Donlon since Dreamtime at the G back in July.

Not bad result.
If you could pick 3, that’s properly the best 3

Updated my post with the free kick count from the last outings with these maggots.

So on average, the Loins will win the free kick count by 3. And I bet you couldn't get odds on those three free kicks being paid to Charlie Cameron in the goal square in the first quarter ...

And we haven't had Donlon since Dreamtime at the G back in July = FF: 21 and FA: 22

So all 3 are good at evening things up in the last quarter when we’re up and game is beyond dispute.
Never catch me celebrating an umpires inclusion. I’m dreaming of the day when the line up for umpires read “unavailable for selection”

Reactions: 1 user

I think we have done pretty well having these three - I thought the umpires were OK in round 23 apart from the Lynch block.

It could’ve been worse baby

Fleer's first final. Danger.

Nicholls makes mistakes without bias.

Gee the pool is weak when Leigh Fisher gets a gig after the AFL admitted he cost North a match against Brisbane only a few weeks ago. It also cost us a home final.

The holding the man rule in full force tonight.

I hope Grimes and all us Richmond supporters lube up for tomorrow night.

The holding the man rule in full force tonight.

I hope Grimes and all us Richmond supporters lube up for tomorrow night.

I can’t stand rule of the week.

Makes the AFL look like an amateur league in the backwaters of the earth.

Reactions: 1 users
They were best 3 umpires we could possibly get.
We might’ve lost the count again, but they didn’t pay the ducking head highs, they pinged them several times for dragging it back in and most importantly they didn’t get sucked in with the ‘holding’ rule.
Dusty should’ve got 2 or 3 free kicks for holding, that’s my only negative

They were best 3 umpires we could possibly get.
We might’ve lost the count again, but they didn’t pay the ducking head highs, they pinged them several times for dragging it back in and most importantly they didn’t get sucked in with the ‘holding’ rule.
Dusty should’ve got 2 or 3 free kicks for holding, that’s my only negative
They did get sucked in early before Grimes got the reversal.

I lost my *smile* when they gave that free. There was nothing in it but I just knew it would happen :mad:

Reckon the only obvious free they missed to us all night was when Stefan Martin played on and got caught, and received 50m instead.

The feared umpire apocalyse evaporated like the threat of the Y2K bug. That's the best run we've had since we've been a top side. If it continues, we'll beat better teams than Geelong, West Coast and Collingwood.