Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Why do the yellow maggots not see Hawkins push our defenders in the back every time?
Why do the yellow maggots not see Jack and Lynch manhandled.
why do the yellow maggots not see head high tackles to the Tigers?
why do the yellow maggots not see the pussies throw the ball?
Why do the yellow maggots not reward tackles by the Tigers?

Because they read similar posts to this & they do not like it.

Can anyone explain to me why it wasn't a free-kick for push in the back from Hawkins on Balta that got Soldo injured because I'm lost.

*That was just one of 4, they didn't pay against him.
*The kid ran 25 meters without bouncing the ball,
*Duncan high hit to Cotchin.
*Lynch's arm held in the contest.
*Dangerfield drops the ball while getting tackled.
*Henry drags the ball back in, ball up
*Duncan holding the ball, ball up.
*The free kick against jack
*The deliberate
*Ratonmygears holding Soldo's jumper in the forward line.

Reactions: 2 users
Our numbers were inflated a bit too, 2 times we took marks but you could hear the umpire pay a too high free kick and a geelong free kick was paid as a mark

Reactions: 1 users
Our numbers were inflated a bit too, 2 times we took marks but you could hear the umpire pay a too high free kick and a geelong free kick was paid as a mark

100% At some point i will watch a replay of the game & see how it all looks. But the game seemed comical in its one sided coverage and umpiring. You seriously need to start questions what the deal is. The coverage was more one sided than Sky News

Reactions: 1 user
100% At some point i will watch a replay of the game & see how it all looks. But the game seemed comical in its one sided coverage and umpiring. You seriously need to start questions what the deal is. The coverage was more one sided than Sky News
backs to the wall. Channel 7 were only interested in Geelong. The umpires were disappointing, missed a few holding the ball against geelong. BOY! we played well!

Why is it that week in week out, Holding the ball / incorrect disposal goes against us in the free kick count when we comfortably out tackle every team.
Only two paid against Geelong, 3 against Bolton in 1st quarter.
The ones against Bolton were there BUT so where the ones on Danger and Duncan.
The one paid against Lambert was putrid!

Why is it that week in week out, Holding the ball / incorrect disposal goes against us in the free kick count when we comfortably out tackle every team.
Only two paid against Geelong, 3 against Bolton in 1st quarter.
The ones against Bolton were there BUT so where the ones on Danger and Duncan.
The one paid against Lambert was putrid!
They’ll rarely ever pay it against Danger, same with Ablett. On the other hand, Dusty gets away with a few.

I'm still shocked there was no mention of staging for Dylan Grimes 50 metre penalty.
Oh there has been, just not as widespread as the earlier ones, and largely because there was absolutely no staging, but plenty of salty campaigners out there (not all Cats supporters) won’t hear of that. If Barry Hall kinghit Grimes the way he did Staker years ago, they’d say he staged.

I don't blame Hawkins for Soldo's knee. That was a straight out accident.

But what sh!ts me is Hawkins regularly pushing his opponent in the back and never being called for it. If Jack or Lynchy do it they get the free paid against them. Not Hawkins.

Two sets of rules.

Reactions: 4 users
I was proud of our boys for adjusting their tackling style against those professional free kick magnets at Geelong.

One example was a Geelong player getting the ball, knowing his opponent was directly behind him, and you could see the Geelong player slowed and was thinking through his pre-planned manoeuvre to draw an in-the-back free kick.

He felt the tackle begin, immediately planted his feet and let his weight go forward... but the Richmond bloke was ready for it and didn’t go with him. The Geelong player awkwardly fell on his face with the ball.

Looked subtle, but comical when you know the intent.

Now that’s true staging. Soccer staging.

Nobody in the media will highlight what happened, how it happens, how players train for this, and how it hasn’t been regulated resulting in the players themselves actually training to avoid giving away these “soccer staging free kicks”... by choosing not to tackle and not to attack the man with the ball.

Reactions: 2 users

But what sh!ts me is Hawkins regularly pushing his opponent in the back and never being called for it. If Jack or Lynchy do it they get the free paid against them. Not Hawkins.

Two sets of rules.
In my little WhatsApp group, I kept mentioning Hawkin's pushing. He was rampant with it! Some on the Roar were saying we were throwing the ball, yes there were times it certainly looked like it, but, Sheesh.........old pushy, pushy, push, push was at it all night!

Two sets of rules.

Truth.

The umps were ordinary last night.
Probably as bad as I have sen all year in the bias for one team over the other.
We definitely get umpired differently to the opposition most weeks and it sticks out like dogs balls when we play Geelong.
And what do the media highlight? A missed 50 that is not paid at nearly every instance.
Flogs the lot of em

The media always pluck one example that provides an excuse for the losing team to feel “robbed”. Great strategy to keep the kids believing. I’m convinced it’s media formula.

Wish there was more focus on clubs that systematically draw free kicks that otherwise wouldn’t exist. I reckon our club has the most integrity in the AFL in this area.

Instead, apparently they’ll highlight Grimes’ head going back after he’s been hit high. But it’s already there. It should be a free. Rarely you’ll see a Richmond player create a free kick out of nowhere.

Yes, our players do harass to the edge of the rules and hope they don’t give one away, but again, that’s different to creating the free kick for yourself and undeservedly getting the ball. That’s why Richmond has integrity that other clubs don’t have IMO.

So you’ve got Richmond, arguably the team with the most integrity, suffering as a result of that integrity by receiving less free kicks than our unethical opposition, like Geelong.

We should be praising the boys for not letting them get away with it as much as normal last night.

Last edited:
Why do the yellow maggots not see Hawkins push our defenders in the back every time?
Why do the yellow maggots not see Jack and Lynch manhandled.
why do the yellow maggots not see head high tackles to the Tigers?
why do the yellow maggots not see the pussies throw the ball?
Why do the yellow maggots not reward tackles by the Tigers?

Hmm, let me think, gross incompetence maybe?

Simply not good enough for an elite competition.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Two sets of rules.

it - Hawkins pushing players in the back - was highlighted on ABC grandstand today - said he regularly does it but never gets penalised - if it’s that obvious then why dont the umps pay it ffs - that was effectively what they were saying

Reactions: 5 users