Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I feel for the umpires here because over the years they have copped a hiding for the 'soft' free kicks as well. Personally I don't mind the approach that leans more towards letting it flow a bit, and not paying the more incidental kicks.

I also think something often overlooked is when we watch the game on TV, and in most instances at the ground, we are looking at the game from a completely different perspective to the umpires, who tend to be inside looking out more often. Sometimes what we think is being ignored just isn't available to them as it is us.
Well, there are three of them. And they are connected via mics and earpieces. And apparently they tell each other what to pay and when to pay it. Should work. It doesn't, and without excuse.

Yeah, we all like to watch football that allows "letting it flow". Unfortunately the inconsistency between the three on field muppets doesn't allow it. In any one game you might have one that pays everything, one that ignores everything, and one that hasn't a clue. Or any variation of these. Rarely, if ever do we have all three at an elite performance level. Most of the time they are good to farcical.

most frees V least frees tonight.

our only hope is that 'throwing the ball' is the rule of the week

Instead of complaining about it, hopefully the young players in particular are fully prepared for the ducking Dogs‘ antics tonight.

It will be our own fault if players fail to anticipate the duck.

Focus on what we can control, don’t worry about the names of umpires etc.

Instead of complaining about it, hopefully the young players in particular are fully prepared for the ducking Dogs‘ antics tonight.

It will be our own fault if players fail to anticipate the duck.

Focus on what we can control, don’t worry about the names of umpires etc.
Just tackle with venom and if they choose to duck they can wear the consequences.

Reactions: 1 user
Some bold calls here.

I'm going to back us to have less disposals, marks and clearances than the Bulldogs as well.

These farces are so predictable.
Not sure why you‘d call those calls bold. A bold call would be Richmond to +8 in the free kicks.

Push in the back, fair enough.

But inexplicably paid down field