Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I see robbo has us in his “ dislikes” column this week, regarding the stand rule. To quote. “ There are rules and then there is the spirit of the game, and the AFL’s stand rule is mocking the spirit of footy. Not the rule itself, but the growing blight of players faking handballs to get the player on the mark moving which earns a 50m penalty. The rule is being exploited. It occurred on Saturday night between Richmond’s Dion Prestia…………”
So, when we take advantage of the rule it suddenly becomes a blight? Where were you last week when it happened to us? Or against us in round 1?
The rule itself is a blight on the game robbo.
So true,only when it benefits us, does the grub mention it.
The rule must go as it stinks to get such a penalty for moving .
Footy is a competitive sport and a rule that makes a player not be able to compete is garbage.

Reactions: 3 users
Stopped Footscarys momentum on the spot with those 2 bullshitt 50's
Hocking brought the rule to bend us over, tonight those 2 free kicks, virtually won us the game

They'd be talking about scrapping the rule today in an emergency meeting given it benefited us. That was never the intention

Reactions: 4 users
Pity to see all the woke rules impinged on the umpires & wokes who introduced these rules do not have to adjudicate on them. The Stand Rule absolute blight on the game. Not far behind deliberate out of bounds. Big scramble ball going nowhere player grabs it, boots it , lands
in play 10 metres in from boundary then does a 180 degree turn ,goes out of bounds ,donut blow his tin whistle.
I hate these new rules as much as anyone, but can you explain how they are "woke"?
Thanks

Went to the game and watched the replay on Sunday. *smile* rule but did quite enjoy Carey’s mocking of Campbell Brown and his total lack of understanding how it works.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I see robbo has us in his “ dislikes” column this week, regarding the stand rule. To quote. “ There are rules and then there is the spirit of the game, and the AFL’s stand rule is mocking the spirit of footy. Not the rule itself, but the growing blight of players faking handballs to get the player on the mark moving which earns a 50m penalty. The rule is being exploited. It occurred on Saturday night between Richmond’s Dion Prestia…………”
So, when we take advantage of the rule it suddenly becomes a blight? Where were you last week when it happened to us? Or against us in round 1?
There is an easy way to fix this, I'm surprised the league aren't onto it. The player with the free has to stand as well. Only allowed to handball or kick from a standing position. When Ump calls stand both player awarded free and MOM both have to stand.

Seriously though, "not the rule itself" ??. does he have a brain?

Seriously though again, thankfully I think the rules days are numbered. The emperor's nudity is becoming more and more obvious and offensive. More and more of the boys club pundits are putting the "now I'm not a fan of the rule...." whenever it comes up. Its a complete farce, rationale, introduction, execution, impact, total incompetence.

Went to the game and watched the replay on Sunday. *smile* rule but did quite enjoy Carey’s mocking of Campbell Brown and his total lack of understanding how it works.
Not to make light of it, but those two should donate their heads to the brain study on the way out!
On a serious note... wtf are 7 doing employing blokes as experts who obviously don't know the rules.... ridiculous as some of them are!

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of "legends of the game" and media people are now calling for the rule to be banished.
Some saying its the worse rule every introduced into the game.

What will Brad Scott do?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Amazing - just read two articles and a video clip where the "Stand" rule in now a problem. Why - Because the Tigers were the beneficiary of two free kicks that went our way. Like all here I am sick of these commentators waiting until our boys get the benifit b4 things are an issue.....

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
A lot of "legends of the game" and media people are now calling for the rule to be banished.

What will Brad Scott do?
I've got a bit of faith in Pepper. Shouldn't be anywhere as bad as SHocker SHocking.

• Haha
Amazing - just read two articles and a video clip where the "Stand" rule in now a problem. Why - Because the Tigers were the beneficiary of two free kicks that went our way. Like all here I am sick of these commentators waiting until our boys get the benifit b4 things are an issue.....
In this case I’m completely Machiavellian. Let them go for it.

• Haha
Robbo was taught by Sheehan. Sheehan has said many times the best way to sell papers is a negative story about Richmond or Collingwood. Journos are nothing more than click marketers these days.. That's why it's all opinion and little straight reporting.

Reactions: 5 users

What will Brad Scott do?

If he's smart he'll read the play and cancel it. Automatically he becomes a hero. Well the preferred Scott for starters.

• Haha
Good to see media talking about Shovkins constantly pushing players in the back and umps letting it go
Also BS stand rule hopefully AFL wake up to their change of rules and do something about them
Can you honestly expect the AFL to sanction a Cats player when you think of the influence they have at AFL Towers? Additionally expect them to admit they made a mistake with the stand rule?

Robbo seems to be a semi-mouthpiece for the AFL so don't expect any favours from him on our game plan. Criticism is all we get. It used to choke him to say anything complementary about the Tigers during our premiership years

What will Brad Scott do?
If all the AFL clubs hierarchy start complaining to the AFL something may be done about this stupid rule. It is obvious from watching any game this season that none of the players like the 'Stand' rule and it is affecting the flow of the game so something has to be wrong

If he's smart he'll read the play and cancel it.
Might have made a rod for his own back before the season started. Said there hadn't been enough time to bed the rule in properly n get a true indication of it's effect. Was happy to leave the rule in for all this year at least before considering any changes. Probably just hoping we'd all get sick of bitching about the *smile* rule n find something else to bleat about.
Was bloody crafty of Blobbo to suggest adding another rule change to eliminate the possibility of players taking advantage of the *smile* rule rather than the obvious simplicity of eradicating the *smile* rule.

• Angry
There is an easy way to fix this, I'm surprised the league aren't onto it. The player with the free has to stand as well. Only allowed to handball or kick from a standing position. When Ump calls stand both player awarded free and MOM both have to stand.

Seriously though, "not the rule itself" ??. does he have a brain?

Seriously though again, thankfully I think the rules days are numbered. The emperor's nudity is becoming more and more obvious and offensive. More and more of the boys club pundits are putting the "now I'm not a fan of the rule...." whenever it comes up. Its a complete farce, rationale, introduction, execution, impact, total incompetence.

1649679381743.jpeg

• Haha