Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Wow I just watched the replay of the shove. The AFL match report is laughable in how it describes it.

One clear shoving action. No holding ground action.

Just say they got it wrong and will look to do better. Only way you learn and improve.

This ‘Emperor’s New Clothes’ organisation is a joke in its ability to learn.
Just watch Lynchy get penalised tonight for much lesser actions.

Freo had 42 frees for. Anyone who thinks umpires are capable of being influenced are kidding themselves. They’re human beings and therefore subject to mistakes or latent bias.

Reactions: 1 user
Stopped Footscarys momentum on the spot with those 2 bullshitt 50's
Hocking brought the rule to bend us over, tonight those 2 free kicks, virtually won us the game

Reactions: 1 users
Just turned off the Adel-Ess game. A 50 paid against a crows player who was upset at not getting a free he should have got in a marking contest. And rightly so. Went from a 50m shot from the boundary to a certain goal to Essenedon. Could be game changing. And the ump made the wrong call. And follows it up with a game changer. The player was rightly pissed off, all he did was grab his head to show where he had been struck.

And Brown says its a good decision. That umpire abuse is a problem at junior level. What garbage.

The AFL sycophants in the media are a joke.

Time for some NRL and the GP.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just turned off the Adel-Ess game. A 50 paid against a crows player who was upset at not getting a free he should have got in a marking contest. And rightly so. Went from a 50m shot from the boundary to a certain goal to Essenedon. Could be game changing. And the ump made the wrong call. And follows it up with a game changer. The player was rightly pissed off, all he did was grab his head to show where he had been struck.

And Brown says its a good decision. That umpire abuse is a problem at junior level. What garbage.

The AFL sycophants in the media are a joke.

Time for some NRL and the GP.
Yeah, terrible decision by the umpire and Jonno Brown claiming the AFL needs to maintain the crackdown on umpire abuse, there should be no grey area.

Yes Jon there should be a grey area, a player pointing at his head is not umpire abuse.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, terrible decision by the umpire and Jonno Brown claiming the AFL needs to maintain the crackdown on umpire abuse, there should be no grey area.

Yes Jon there should be a grey area, a player pointing at his head is not umpire abuse.
Its a 1 goal game, a decision like that is huge. And the ump made the wrong call initially, should have been a crows free.

Stopped Footscarys momentum on the spot with those 2 bullshitt 50's
Hocking brought the rule to bend us over, tonight those 2 free kicks, virtually won us the game
Obviously hate being on the receiving end of these decisions, and giving away a goal, but equally hate being the beneficiary of them. It's embarrassing. SHocking rule!

Reactions: 7 users
Another shocking 50m penalty from the umpire in the Suns/Blues game. Docherty pushes his Suns opponent into the protected area and runs the other side of his teammate with the ball. Ump blows his whistle. 50m. No idea.

• Angry
Another shocking 50m penalty from the umpire in the Suns/Blues game. Docherty pushes his Suns opponent into the protected area and runs the other side of his teammate with the ball. Ump blows his whistle. 50m. No idea.
Ruining the fabric of the game!

Watching, well occasionally looking up to look at he TV, at the Hawthorn v StKilda game.

In the second quarter a StKilda player running towards the ball, Hawthorn player has his arm around the StKilda player's midriff, really obvious, no congestion to block the umpires' view. Holding the man maybe? Nah, play on. Absolute rubbish.

A bit later a Hawthorn player in the goal square ducks straight into a tackle. Clearly trying to get through the pack so clear prior opportunity. But he ducked into the tackle. You could see him duck, turn his head to make sure the impact would not hurt him and get the free kick. The commentators, in a rare moment I had the sound up, said a "little mistake from the umpires". Yeah, a little mistake which gave Hawthorn a free kick 2 metres from the goal line, certain goal. That is not a little mistake, that is something which happens every game, many, many times. Whatever happened to not giving the free kick because the AFL doesn't want players ducking into tackles? I seem to remember Rance in a final in 2017 ducking to pick up the ball and getting kneed in the head and not getting a free because he had bent over - Rance was trying to get the ball off the ground (impossible without bending over), this Hawthorn player was deliberately ducking into a tackle. Now I just see a StKilda player tackled high and concede a holding the ball free kick, the StKilda player didn't duck but no free for high contact, the player who ducks does get a free. I saw a similar one in our game against Footscray, where the Footscray player basically ran into a Richmond player head first and got a free.

It is a joke. constant rewarding players who duck, players who flop forward when tackled. If there was any analysis of these decisions by the AFL they would see what is going on, in fact, they must know what is going on but refuse to do anything about it.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Oh dear me. The umpire just penalised a Suns player for an insufficient intent when he punched the ball away from his opponent who was about to take possession from a handball.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Good to see media talking about Shovkins constantly pushing players in the back and umps letting it go
Also BS stand rule hopefully AFL wake up to their change of rules and do something about them

Reactions: 2 users
Pity to see all the woke rules impinged on the umpires & wokes who introduced these rules do not have to adjudicate on them. The Stand Rule absolute blight on the game. Not far behind deliberate out of bounds. Big scramble ball going nowhere player grabs it, boots it , lands
in play 10 metres in from boundary then does a 180 degree turn ,goes out of bounds ,donut blow his tin whistle.

Of the bits an pieces of other games I watched over the weekend it appeared to me the umps are confused what to do re stand rule , it’s as if they panic sometimes and blow the whistle and other times it’s like “ *smile* it” I’ll let it go , it’s certainly not been policed as It was in round 1 , another SHocking ballsup

i enjoyed watching Tigers on Saturday night but the rest of the season has been terrible so far.

Umpires have been terrible.

Losing the love of the game.

Reactions: 3 users
I see robbo has us in his “ dislikes” column this week, regarding the stand rule. To quote. “ There are rules and then there is the spirit of the game, and the AFL’s stand rule is mocking the spirit of footy. Not the rule itself, but the growing blight of players faking handballs to get the player on the mark moving which earns a 50m penalty. The rule is being exploited. It occurred on Saturday night between Richmond’s Dion Prestia…………”
So, when we take advantage of the rule it suddenly becomes a blight? Where were you last week when it happened to us? Or against us in round 1?
The rule itself is a blight on the game robbo.

Reactions: 10 users