Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
My other favourite is when a player is going to man the mark late and looking at the umpire for reassurance who doesn't say anything and then pings the player for a 50 metre penalty.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
That sums up the AFL.
The Arc decision that is.

All they care about at the moment is AFLW.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No way you could categorically say the vision was definitive, yet overturned. Staggering and completely unbelievable. The goal umpire’s job is to be in the best position to adjudicate on these things and yet he’s overturned by inconclusive vision.
Come on man you make to much sense.
We lose a game because of the common sense rule but once again we get drilled when common sense wasn't used.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What a f*cking joke.

A game, but not just a game, an elimination final, is decided on a dodgy decision. People have been asking for years what happens when a final is decided by a dodgy decision, well folks sit back and watch.

Sit back and watch the toadies in the media say nothing. Watch as the corrupt AFL lifts the edge of the carpet and fetches the broom. You can guarantee nothing will be done about this because the AFL is a joke.

Time for someone to seriously clean out the AFL, it is becoming more of a joke as each day goes by. The adjudication of our great game, the clusterf*ck they have made of the rules, is simply not good enough.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Been saying for years to get rid of dodgy bros goal video tech.
Field umpires make a heap of mistakes. No slo mo, time wasting scrutinizing of their *smile* decisions.
Let the goal umps do their imperfect jobs too. Ditch the imperfect tech. It'd flawed & cost us tonight.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I reckon conservatively the umps were worth a 2 goal swing. If you're less conservative a 4 or 5 goal swing. Its pretty normal for us, the stats show it. Thing is in the past we were good enough to win anyway.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hooch should complain more about the general umpiring than the ARC. At the point when it was 16 frees to 6, that’s when there was a tangible and ongoing impact on the game that was clear to see. 2 insanely soft frees to Hipwood resulting in goals, umpires refusing to pay a HTB etc etc.

We could have dented Brisbane enough to have them drop their heads in that first half if we’d have been given a fair go.

Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The frees to Hipwood and whoever got that joke of a holding free against Gibcus in the last. 'Soft' doesn't cut it.

Yet every time we went forward Lynch and Dusty were held.

WWEFL.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The frees to Hipwood and whoever got that joke of a holding free against Gibcus in the last. 'Soft' doesn't cut it.

WWEFL.
It’s called “convenient umpiring”.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Cheating *smile*. Nothing more.
So much wrong with the game.
Cheating *smile*.
If covid took down the comp from here I reckon justice would be done.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m sure it’s been mentioned here but it’s the ones we don’t get , again I don’t blame umpires generally, though it appears with so many in the system that the standard has really dropped off, let’s remember it isn’t that long a go it was basically the 6 best doing the job , not the best 30 odd , yep ok it was a long time a go. These Grey and protective ( some a must) rules and have ruined the game for me , way to much frustration, I’ve gone from a watch every game on fan and watch our replays to just watch our games live and that’s it.

However , I’ll stand corrected but did Lynch get put a very acute angle considering where he took the mark ?

• Angry

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Been saying for years to get rid of dodgy bros goal video tech.
Field umpires make a heap of mistakes. No slo mo, time wasting scrutinizing of their *smile* decisions.
Let the goal umps do their imperfect jobs too. Ditch the imperfect tech. It'd flawed & cost us tonight.
I’d ad a second goal umpire

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
No idea why it was 50

No idea why it was a reversal

And no idea why advantage was forced upon Baker

...no idea x3 on that one
Yeh often a player goes to take the advantage but quickly realised it’s not advantage and stops. Umpires usually don’t pay the advantage and take the ball back to the spot of the free kick. Usually. Assume it’s some sort of common sense being applied. But once again (as snake has pointed out in other instances) it doesn’t apply for us. At a crucial time in a crucial final.
What’s worse is Baker was then out of bounds instantly when tackled, but no the ump wanted to punish him. And then punish him again when he either didn’t give the ball back straight away or showed some form of dissent?

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

WWEFL.
Yeh Martin had his jumper pulled or was clearly impeded before the ball arrived yet nothing? Lynch clearly held at one point in the last qtr - nothing.

It’s the ones we don’t get that kill us.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We copped some howlers, but Rich being pinged for too far in the dying moments of a final when he wasn't was as big an Umpire *smile* last night as any.