Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I'm encouraging everyone to stand and applaud as the umpires enter the arena tonight.

Hopefully the starting point to the AFL giving them a long overdue song to be played as they burst through their banner next week.

Blinded by the light by Manfred Mann comes immediately to mind.:)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
How many goals from frees for the Skunks tonight is my major current concern. I'm tipping a conservative 5 or 6 myself - with a glorious 2 for us.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yeah they're all over and we're getting done, but FMD, what a gutless suckhole of a pack of umps for not paying that free to jack.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
WE WERE BEATEN BY A BETTER SIDE.

But FMD, Collingwood have a green light to drop the ball.

Reactions: 2 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Inconsistency, which more often than not goes against us, as backed up by the data. It's science.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I thought the umpiring tonight was actually pretty good. There are always going to be mistakes but for once, I was Ok with both the interpretation of some rules given the conditions and I thought the consistency was pretty good as well.

But I do think what tonight's umpiring shows is that the AFL has a fundamental problem that is going to be very hard to fix.

The conditions tonight made the game slower and more contested. It would have reduced the spectacle for anyone watching from a neutral viewpoint, but I also got the impression that this made umpiring easier.

The AFL seems hellbent on taking the game the other way. Faster and less contested. So the problem is that if what I surmise is true, umpiring standards will only keep getting worse the more the AFL meddles with things.

My sample size is appallingly small, I acknowledge that.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Throwing is huge issue in the game..it was funny that Between Michelle & Adams who threw the ball more but the only time The commentators picked it up was when Graham threw it out.
I lost count how many times Collingwood defenders just released the ball and it was called play on.
4 umpires no improvement.
Still missing howlers..nakas is being held play on.
Baker & Pickett are decapitated, play on.
Crisp buries his head in nakas guts ball up.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Throwing is huge issue in the game..it was funny that Between Michelle & Adams who threw the ball more but the only time The commentators picked it up was when Graham threw it out.
I lost count how many times Collingwood defenders just released the ball and it was called play on.
4 umpires no improvement.
Still missing howlers..nakas is being held play on.
Baker & Pickett are decapitated, play on.
Crisp buries his head in nakas guts ball up.
The non free to Jack at the end of the first Q was a doozy.

My favourite though was in the second, throw in their FP, Degoey tries to break through the pack, it was good play mind you, breaks one tackle, swats off another, then runs into a third gang tackle which stops him. Ball up!

Reactions: 1 users