Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Cripps is another, just clenches one fist and throws it with 2 hands. They’ve all just about got it down pat now.
Just do it automatically and shock, horror if the umps ever, on the very rare occasion pull them up. Then the next dozen are allowed.
The commentators say he shovelled it out. A shovel is a throw. You cannot hold the ball with one hand and strike it with the fist of another when "shovelling" it out.

We throw it too, it's not like we are innocent.

Reactions: 3 users
Thought the umpires in the Auskick games were alright, just let the kids play.
I was all for leaving them on the ground for the second half.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Jase Burgoyne does an open hand flick pass right in front of the umpire and nuthin

I saw a bit of footage yesterday, which showed a Port player falling forward to take a mark. Thing is, he didn’t need to fall forward to take it. I think he thought there may be contact from one of ours and deliberately fell forward in case he didn’t take the grab he’d be able to convince the ump to give him a free for itb.

Reactions: 1 user
Why didn't the AFL umpires penalise Zac Butters?
Butters' stage dive, with head falsely snapping back, cost a crucial goal, including a 50-metre penalty.
Butters is a fraudulent cheat, especially given the emphasis on concussion protocols.
I was on the opposite side at the ground. Lynch appeared very late and it looked bad. I would have expected a 50 if the roles were reversed. But that does not look so bad.

Ironically we didn't get the 50 for a similar incident later that qtr or next qtr?

Irony - Tigers supporters get really hip to it

[email protected]
[email protected]

Use either of these email addresses. Send a message to the club. I have.

Let’s see what the club will do if enough people actually show their disgust and outrage.
Or will people just bleat about it every week, without the balls to do something about it?

”We’ve had enough and we’re not going to take it anymore”
Hi,
If the Richmond Football Club isn’t going to represent its members and question the afl in regard to its umpires and the continued mistreatment of our players.
I will be having serious thoughts of continuing with my club membership.
Over the last years it is quite apparent that the umpiring fraternity has a significant bias against our players. First it was claimed to be our “playing style”, then when other clubs play the same style, the umpiring doesn’t change for them.
It’s *smile*.
The fixture.
The afl club dividends.
The MRO and its petty little fines against any Richmond player.
The MRO and its bias against Marlion Pickett
Corrupt changing of match rules at the whim of one person.
Caroline Wilson’s claim “Richmond and the afl are at war”.

It seems this contrived game is not about being a sports competition but a sports entertainment where the clear goal is about money making, bonuses to afl department heads, a Commission that doesn’t represent the game, the clubs or the games members.
If people within the club followed social media, they’d be aware of the outrage and disgust that is quite apparent. Firstly with how the afl treat our club, or players and its membership. Secondly, what is the club going to do about it.
This will have a massive effect of people renewing memberships.
Regards Willo
RFC member # 1072626
just sent an email and I suggest we flood their inbox with similar

"I've had a gutful of the cheating umpires"

Hi,

I'm a long standing member of the Richmond Football Club and it boils my *smile* that this great, strong, powerful club does not stand up to the blatant, week in, week out, cheating imposed against us by the umpires and the AFL.

How is it that almost every 50 50 decision is paid against us and similar incidents are mostly never paid for us? I've been watching footy for a long time and my eyes are not deceiving me - the free kick differential over the past 7 + years says it all as we are miles behind the second worst team in this regard.

How is it that every team suddenly become good law abiding citizens when they play us managing to drastically reduce the free kicks they give away compared to when they play other teams?

I could bear the bias against us when we were winning but now it has become completely unbearable. Every Richmond member and supporter I speak to in the stands, at work and anywhere else feel the same way - there is a definite bias against us with the umpiring and we've all had a gutful.

The club needs to grow some balls and call it out in public and call for an independent investigation. Yze needs to call this out in his pressers, Gale and Balme need to call this out in public. Cop a fine, but call out the obvious.

Rgds,
Long Standing Richmond Member who's had enough.

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks Willo, just sent a message to the club. Also added in how compromised our fixture is this year, especially to start the season

Reactions: 1 users
I was on the opposite side at the ground. Lynch appeared very late and it looked bad. I would have expected a 50 if the roles were reversed. But that does not look so bad.

Ironically we didn't get the 50 for a similar incident later that qtr or next qtr?

There was a late hit on Mansell a few minutes later. Nothing.

Reactions: 3 users

Yeah, it was 50. He didnt get him hard in the head, or really go through him. But it is 50 every time. (except when it is not.)