Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

An even playing field and we win! Who’d a thunk it! Amazing.
Yeh, felt like some key moments went our way. The not HTB against Banks late (Mansell did well to assist) and ther free to Vlastuin for high contact against Papley were crucial (could not believe that one). Just felt like we were not umpired unfairly, especially in key moments.

They missed a couple of throws by the ducks, the missed HTB against Warner as well as a missed 50 to Lynch on wing (the Swans player was about 4m away and stopped Lynch kicking inboard). That didn't matter as he found Mansell who found Shai who goaled.

I did not recognise any of the umps, assume they will get a stern talking to and turn up in the VFL next week.

Reactions: 5 users
They still made some basic errors. The biggest was the no HTB call in the last. Clear prior and beautifully executed tackle. Play on. Even the commentators were questioning it.

Reactions: 4 users
That was the most even/normal (after qtr time) I've seen by them.
Williamson destroyed us a couple of times but generally they called all the HTB's.

(*remember the media have been on there backs all week about the standard of umpiring and the bouncing of the ball)

Reactions: 1 user
That was the most even/normal (after qtr time) I've seen by them.
Williamson destroyed us a couple of times but generally they called all the HTB's.

(*remember the media have been on there backs all week about the standard of umpiring and the bouncing of the ball)
Except for the most obvious in the last quarter

They still made some basic errors. The biggest was the no HTB call in the last. Clear prior and beautifully executed tackle. Play on. Even the commentators were questioning it.
They will always make some mistakes. They’re human, and the rules they have to work within seem to have been designed to be as confusing and contradictory as they can be. However, yesterday didn’t feel like they were purposefully finding ways to hurt us and advantage the opposition.

Reactions: 4 users
Except for the most obvious in the last quarter
The holding the ball against Banks for dragging it in??
The billshiit free kick to big V???
They didn't bend us over when the couldve.

They actually gave us a 50 that was more like a 1987 Gary Buckenera 15 metre penalty.

Reactions: 1 users
They will always make some mistakes. They’re human, and the rules they have to work within seem to have been designed to be as confusing and contradictory as they can be. However, yesterday didn’t feel like they were purposefully finding ways to hurt us and advantage the opposition.
Of course they will. But there is no excuse for making basic mistakes and not paying frees that are obvious to everyone watching.

Worlds are colliding. We won the free kick count (albeit by just 1).

I wonder how many times since say...2016.... we've won the free kick count ?

What would be our winning % in games since round 1 2016 to now ?

Worlds are colliding. We won the free kick count (albeit by just 1).

I wonder how many times since say...2016.... we've won the free kick count ?

What would be our winning % in games since round 1 2016 to now ?
Yep. It’s a minor miracle us winning the free kick count. I’m expecting normal transmission to resume next week with an almighty shafting. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: 2 users
Dame Laura Kane has said the Umps got a few Ginnivan calls wrong yesterday ....

• Haha