Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Oops. Fixed now.
I had slightly different numbers than DavidSSS - GWS 77 games, 1446 for, 1471 against, -25 differential

Are you counting 2024? Otherwise I can't see 77 games.

I can have another look, it was literally a quick calculation.

All from AFL Tables at my end, figure you are using the same source.

DS

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Are you counting 2024? Otherwise I can't see 77 games.

I can have another look, it was literally a quick calculation.

All from AFL Tables at my end, figure you are using the same source.

DS
yep AFL Tables.
I'm counting finals games as well. They played a home EF in 2019 and a home SF in 2017, there's the extra 2

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
yep AFL Tables.
I'm counting finals games as well. They played a home EF in 2019 and a home SF in 2017, there's the extra 2

Aha, that would explain it, I didn't include finals. Not sure I would include finals as they are umpired differently, but no correct answer on that question.

DS

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Aha, that would explain it, I didn't include finals. Not sure I would include finals as they are umpired differently, but no correct answer on that question.

DS
Yeah, everyone knows finals are umpired differently and accepts it but I still can’t manage to find a copy of the AFL Laws of the Game, Finals Edition…

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Pity these drug *smile* *smile* heads couldn’t be replaced as “injured” before games. We’d only get more drug *smile* *smile* heads.
What would happen if they were all drug *smile*? Ahh, they get the Richmond games to umpire.
Cheating corrupt drug addled *smile* wits

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
I often wonder who is communicating to the Umpires on the field? Has it been Dan Richardson in their ear piece. No doubt someone is controlling the narrative. What we are seeing is real, controlled and orchestrated cheating. No doubt about it. We should Start a new chant and sing it loudly when we see clear cheating. Yell "Feat, Feat Feat" short for fecking cheats... Make it known we are over it!

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
just a cheeky -20 free kick differential that day. 13-33
that game was outrageous

DS

My view is they get the best umpires. So week 1 still pretty average then after that you are down to the six and now eight best umpires.

Deboy has 4 finals in 11 years.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
So the highest home ground free kick differential per game in the league is Adelaide's +3.46.
The average not including Richmond's numbers is +1.53.
The second lowest is GWS with -0.32 (the only other one below zero).
And Richmond's is -2.43.
Across 7 and a bit years of data.

Really astounding numbers especially considering how successful we've been for most of that time.

Reactions: 4 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
That's why the 50s happen against us most of the time. Sometimes it's our stupidity but we now see less of this over the years.

Our players get pissed off causing frustration and the flog just influences it.
And it got to the point the players just stopped tackling all together. They felt exactly what the crowd were screaming, "Don't touch him, you'll give away a free". Don't get me wrong, Port won the game, but the differential was exacerbated by the umpiring.
Then you get the fat *smile* Robinson write how poor the Tigers endeavour was in the second half! *smile* Robinson, watch the game, that'll tell you why!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
And it got to the point the players just stopped tackling all together. They felt exactly what the crowd were screaming, "Don't touch him, you'll give away a free". Don't get me wrong, Port won the game, but the differential was exacerbated by the umpiring.
Then you get the fat *smile* Robinson write how poor the Tigers endeavour was in the second half! *smile* Robinson, watch the game, that'll tell you why!
Blobbo's brainwashed by that Essendon Edge phenomena.....

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
And it got to the point the players just stopped tackling all together. They felt exactly what the crowd were screaming, "Don't touch him, you'll give away a free".
It’s felt like this for ages, watching the game but waiting for the umpire to pull out a bs free kick to the oppo.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeah, everyone knows finals are umpired differently and accepts it but I still can’t manage to find a copy of the AFL Laws of the Game, Finals Edition…
and funnily enough we havent been done over by the umps as consistently in finals.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
By that stage he’s so drunk that he can’t see the game properly.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
These score reviews are getting ridiculous. First one in the pies lions game has missed the post by a foot with the umpire in the middle of the goals.

They need to change the rule on this so it's only reviewed if the umpire thinks it's a point. Goals are automatically reviewed on the way back to the middle. If they can't work it out in that 30 seconds the call just stands as a goal

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
These score reviews are getting ridiculous. First one in the pies lions game has missed the post by a foot with the umpire in the middle of the goals.

They need to change the rule on this so it's only reviewed if the umpire thinks it's a point. Goals are automatically reviewed on the way back to the middle. If they can't work it out in that 30 seconds the call just stands as a goal
Correct. If the ump thinks it's a goal then call it a goal. If they think it's a behind but not 100% only then call for a review

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Will there be an outcry from Collingwood resulting in a quick turnaround back to favouritism?
I guess the answer was “yes”, Collingwood 30 frees to Brisbane 20. Suspected their period of being punished by the umps would be short lived.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
An even playing field and we win! Who’d a thunk it! Amazing.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users