Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Dame Laura Kane has said the Umps got a few Ginnivan calls wrong yesterday ....

I had a look who the Hawks are playing this weekend, geez these umpires are going to be puzzled what to do this weekend. Having been called out they'll be desperate to pay frees to Ginnivan but they are playing Collingwood. They will literally have no idea what to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I had a look who the Hawks are playing this weekend, geez these umpires are going to be puzzled what to do this weekend. Having been called out they'll be desperate to pay frees to Ginnivan but they are playing Collingwood. They will literally have no idea what to do.
Thats easy Posh. Pay a free to Ginnivan then pay 5 to the wobbles. Easy ratio to remember

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I would love to see the Umps over compensate this week and award Ginnivan a free when ever he's tackled, but then resume back to normal umpiring. Would be nothing funnier than seeing Ginne getting an easy ride from the Umps against the Pies

• Love
Like to see “AFL talks to tigers, admits didn’t want Richmond to win another flag and talked to all umpires , rule administrators, media sycophants and ARC reviewers to put in place appropriate mechanisms. Repeated their truth that it was good for the game overall.”

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Worlds are colliding. We won the free kick count (albeit by just 1).

I wonder how many times since say...2016.... we've won the free kick count ?

What would be our winning % in games since round 1 2016 to now ?

32.5% since the start of 2016 from my calculation.

Down to 30.7% if you start from the beginning of 2017.

Keep going down to 29% if you start from 2018.

Won't go any further as 2018 was a shocker - we got the rub in 20.8% of games and our free kicks received were 77.5% of frees awarded to the opposition. But, I suppose when Collingwood had a 123.9% free kick ratio in 2018, with WCE on 117.1% and WB on 111.3% someone had to get shafted. Interesting actually, the grand finalists in 2018 were the 2 teams with the highest favourable free kick percentages . . . go figure. Has no influence apparently!

DS

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users
32.5% since the start of 2016 from my calculation.

Down to 30.7% if you start from the beginning of 2017.

Keep going down to 29% if you start from 2018.

Won't go any further as 2018 was a shocker - we got the rub in 20.8% of games and our free kicks received were 77.5% of frees awarded to the opposition. But, I suppose when Collingwood had a 123.9% free kick ratio in 2018, with WCE on 117.1% and WB on 111.3% someone had to get shafted. Interesting actually, the grand finalists in 2018 were the 2 teams with the highest favourable free kick percentages . . . go figure. Has no influence apparently!

DS
Unreal.

Good work Davo.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it just me or do you also think that other teams use the flick pass more than what we do? Every week I see other teams throw the ball. The commentators even call it a flick. Do we do it too and I'm just blind to it?

Is it just me or do you also think that other teams use the flick pass more than what we do? Every week I see other teams throw the ball. The commentators even call it a flick. Do we do it too and I'm just blind to it?

Must say I have wondered the same. I do notice the throwing by other teams more and there is no doubt that Footscray must be close to the worst offenders, but I wonder if our players do it too.

Throwing, and flick passes for that matter, are a blight on the game.

Go play rugby if you want to throw.

DS

Did anyone notice the rushed behind early in the game by Dees player. He had a brief opportunity to dispose of the ball when about 2m out of the points but elected not to handpass. He then got pressured by opposition and took the ball through the points. Commentators barely noted it, said yes he was under pressure. Almost identical to the Broad one, the only difference really was the opposition player was initially closer than the Suns guy was to Broad. But the Dees player definitely had a chance to dispose of the ball and chose not to and then ran it through the points.

So the Broad decision looks like being the only one of it's kind that will be paid this year. Thanks twerp muppets.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
a dog owner once described her annoying small barking canine as a "big man in a little furry body"

for some reason that reminds me of the Umpires.....

Last 10 mins v Saints

Free kicks
St Kilda 8
Richmond 0

3 Goal Reviews - all in Saints favour

Footy gods hate us

• Sad
There were 2 blatant holding the ball frees in the last 2-3 minutes in our backline. We could have been able to launch from one of them. But no.

Then there was the throw just before them in our forward line.

Play on each time.

They got us again, in the end.

Reactions: 3 users
The holding the ball interpretation is now a shambles.

I watched a few games on the weekend for the first time this season and I have no idea what the actual rule or interpretation is now.