Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Baker didn't duck.
And the 4 of them missed it.
Melbourne's 2 goals both frees.
Absolutely shocking again

Reactions: 3 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
24 free kicks
To 12...same *smile* every week.
Dwynne russell is right..tigers tigers dont play anymore undisciplined or " on the edge " than any other team.So why does this huge free kick difference keep happening ?
We should change our name to
The Ginnavan Tigers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
24 free kicks
To 12...same *smile* every week.
Dwynne russell is right..tigers tigers dont play anymore undisciplined or " on the edge " than any other team.So why does this huge free kick difference keep happening ?
We should change our name to
The Ginnavan Tigers 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Did Russell say that on SEN commentary? I'll look forward to the supporters calling him tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They were putrid tonight, although they are like this every game.

That push in the back, I think in the first quarter, in the goal square was so obvious, really really really obvious. Everyone in the crowd saw it. No free, why? Because Richmond don't get frees that close to goal.

The way Baker gets his head ripped off week after week and no frees. But I think he manages to give away high frees for getting too close to an opponents shoulder or head, even though he's about 5'8".

The 50 metre penalties, they might have been there, but if they were, then there were a few we should have got. why? Because Richmond don't get 50m penalties.

It is a shitshow the way we are treated, they are cheats. For a while I thought they were just incompetent, but week after week they pay really easy frees to our opponents, every week our opponents get free kicks well inside their forward 50, yet our players are manhandled, held without the ball, have no prior and don't get frees. Every week opposition players go over the mark, get to marking contests late and bowl over our player, but no 50.

As for the throwing, it is rife and they barely ever penalise players for it. Same applies to holding the man, which they pay every now and again, when they feel so inclined.

The game is a mess. Yes, it can be a hard game to adjudicate, but there are so many really obvious rule violations which are not paid, and I'm talking the sort of rule violations you can see from the other end of the ground while at the game. It simply is not good enough.

It is time Richmond called this out, the free kick count after half time was a travesty and the final quarter even more so. They couldn't wait to award a free to Melbourne, you could see it, they were just looking for frees to grant them. But Richmond? Yeah, not looking at all. *smile* joke.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 17 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What was the free kick count in the 2nd half ? We got absolutely crushed by them in the 2nd half.

The pure, unadulterated cheating has to be brought to an end. It’s killing us. Absolutely killing us. Do something Richmond ffs do something.

On 3 separate occasions I saw that cheating **** number 36 put his whistle to his mouth to pay us a patently obvious free, then decide to not blow it when he realised he’d be paying a free to Richmond.

The in the back free that wasn’t paid ? Are you *** serious ???

It’s just abject, unashamed cheating. And the club just cops it every year.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Outrageous blatant cheating tonight; no other way to describe it.

The clear push in the back that was not paid. Baker gets his head ripped off southern wing; play on! Baker gets held without the ball Punt Road End southern stand; play on!

Melbourne got everything we got nothing. The club needs to take a stand and call out this outrageous anti-Richmond umpiring bias that goes on every game. Do it in public. They are already *smile* us without lube; can't get any worse.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
What was the free kick count in the 2nd half ? We got absolutely crushed by them in the 2nd half.

The pure, unadulterated cheating has to be brought to an end. It’s killing us. Absolutely killing us. Do something Richmond ffs do something.

On 3 separate occasions I saw that cheating **** number 36 put his whistle to his mouth to pay us a patently obvious free, then decide to not blow it when he realised he’d be paying a free to Richmond.

From memory free kick count was us 8 them 7
ended up us 12 them 24 so we got 4 after half time to them 17
that’s what you call umpire bias
Umps have NFI they look around to see if the other ump approves their call Ball hits behind post on the full then back into play boundary ump goal ump field ump call play on

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

1713964701189.png

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As insaud
From memory free kick count was us 8 them 7
ended up us 12 them 24 so we got 4 after half time to them 17
that’s what you call umpire bias
We got utterly crushed by them after half time. It was like they’d been told at half time what their remit was - to fck Richmond up - and they decided to go to work on us. Badly.

Enough is enough.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I blame the clubs weak leaders for not calling out the blatant cheating.

Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
And BT said "the umpire probably had trouble sighting it"

Frankly if an umpire has trouble sighting something as blatant as that, he shouldn't be umpiring any AFL games, he should be back in the bush leagues.

Disgraceful!!!!
Isn’t that the reason we have 4 umps to be able to see those frees?
As for what BT says he’s a moron

Reactions: 5 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
And BT said "the umpire probably had trouble sighting it"

Frankly if an umpire has trouble sighting something as blatant as that, he shouldn't be umpiring any AFL games, he should be back in the bush leagues.

Disgraceful!!!!
I thought we had to put up with 4 of them so there could be one deep who would be side on to this. Wtf are they all

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think one was Pickett being legged. That *smile* midget twerp went yo psy it snd didn"t!!! I couldn't believe it. Never see that before.

God i hate AFL umpires. Zero respect for them. Cheats.

Richmond are weak as *smile* not challenging it publicly

Baker is crucified every week

Reactions: 8 users