Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

"Essendon has been rewarded for tackles this year but Hawthorn have been pinged more often than any other side.
Essendon’s “Edge” has them +17 in holding-the-ball decisions, with the brilliant Zach Merrett (six free-kicks for) and Archie Perkins (five) leading the defensive charge."

This paragraph is beyond laughable, so Essendon "Edge", whatever the hell that is (finally putting some effort in?), gets rewarded but ours in 2017-2020 was just poor discipline. What a complete BS article this is from the AFL mouthpiece. Nothing to see here folks.
was always going to happen. as soon as there's a bit of heat around the umpiring of Richmond games, AFL jump into action to get one their mouthpieces to spread a nice layer of *smile* over the fire.
"Hey, let's get that one who reckons he goes for Richmond. That'll work"

Ralphy must have got top marks in the AFL Media's Gaslighting classes

Reactions: 5 users
Bet we win the free k8ck count this week so the story will die with no traction

Reactions: 3 users
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I just cannot face going this week, and solely because of the umpiring. I despair at getting any improvement or fairness when the powers that be simply deflect, deny or just ignore.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I just cannot face going this week, and solely because of the umpiring. I despair at getting any improvement or fairness when the powers that be simply deflect, deny or just ignore.
Dogs fans are actually under more despair than we would be as they don't want to win which would keep Bevo looking good again.

Reactions: 1 user
Dogs fans are actually under more despair than we would be as they don't want to win which would keep Bevo looking good again.
Poor dogs will cop unfavourable umpiring this week.
On the back of a horrible loss to the hawks and massive unsettling regarding their coach, they could be forgiven for wanting a soft free or two.
But the wider story is that Richmond does receive free kicks, which will see Richmond winning the free kick count and even being awarded a free kick in their forward line.
The majority of Richmond's free kicks will of course be in their defensive pocket.

Reactions: 2 users
Poor dogs will cop unfavourable umpiring this week.
On the back of a horrible loss to the hawks and massive unsettling regarding their coach, they could be forgiven for wanting a soft free or two.
But the wider story is that Richmond does receive free kicks, which will see Richmond winning the free kick count and even being awarded a free kick in their forward line.
The majority of Richmond's free kicks will of course be in their defensive pocket.
I’m not sure whether the idiots with whistles will change their perception or calls for us.
That would be admitting they’re

under league instructions
corrupt
Selective ineptness
biased
prejudiced
or plain *smile* cheats.

Reactions: 2 users
His backside probably. He spewed something about Richmond being his favorite Victorian team or something along those lines.
I was trying to find a picture of an ass hole to add to my post, this this was the best I could find:

1715047737964.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I’m not sure whether the idiots with whistles will change their perception or calls for us.
That would be admitting they’re

under league instructions
corrupt
Selective ineptness
biased
prejudiced
or plain *smile* cheats.
A little from column A and a little from column B.
A little from column C and D and E.
And a lot from column F.

Reactions: 1 users
Football is so parochial that if you complain about umpires 17 fan bases are going to say you whinge and pick out the couple of examples where you got away with one or got one you shouldn’t have.

If Adelaide supported us on the farc decision then maybe they play finals last year.

Basically it’s super easy to victim blame in this situation and it’s 17 (plus HQ) against 1.

To win we would somehow have to get most of the 17 on our side for the good of the game. Tough ask when we won 3 flags recently.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who watches the BF Podcast believe the message Michaels was sent about Benny meeting with AFL this week on the umpiring bias??

Bet we win the free k8ck count this week so the story will die with no traction
Yeah, thought similar. This weeks free kick count between us and the Dogs will be very close. Then look out next week!

Reactions: 1 user
Would almost seem a lock we get fair treatment this week.

Then normal service will resume.

Seeing as there would be an increased media focus on the umpiring in our game, part of me in some way hopes that the umpires don't change a thing so it is patently obvious as to what we are complaining about.

Reactions: 5 users