Umpires today | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpires today

martyshire

^^ Jack Graham that is
Aug 11, 2007
Rowville...or maybe London
Did anyone else notice the instance (in possible the third quarter) when two richmond players took a joint contested mark on the members wing...and the umpire decided to ball it up :headscratch. I understand that if the two players are from opposing teams and he can't decide who got first hands on the ball it should be a ball up...but they were both on the same team, and we ended up with the ball, so PLAY ON (ffs)

yellow_and_black

Dare To Dream
Jun 5, 2005
martyshire said:
Did anyone else notice the instance (in possible the third quarter) when two richmond players took a joint contested mark on the members wing...and the umpire decided to ball it up :headscratch. I understand that if the two players are from opposing teams and he can't decide who got first hands on the ball it should be a ball up...but they were both on the same team, and we ended up with the ball, so PLAY ON (ffs)

Yep, I'd forgotten about that one ... another totally bizarre decision .. even Dunstall couldn't understand it.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
martyshire said:

Yeah, that's usually paid a mark. The ump said "there were 4 pairs of hands on that"....looked to me like just 2 pairs...both Tigers.

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
mtench said:
Did anybody notice Gibson kick the ball away after Morton kicked his goal at the end? Seem to remember the same sort of thing costing us a free kick and goal against Geelong earlier in the year(when McGuane punch the ball after a goal was kicked).
glad someone mentioned this. The ball was clearly kicked away in frustration by a North player.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Not suggesting that it was the reason for our capitulation but my good god that was abysmal. If Eddy was holding it then so was Boomer. Does anyone know what McGuane is supposed to have done to gift them a free 10 metres out?

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Have you noticed the AFL never say anything when their umpires have a shocker and yet when someone complains,they cop a fine.

FARKING PISSES ME OFF.

Vlads old team too. :veryupset :fire :boxing

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
No. 12 was definitely the worst! his personal count was about 8-2 against us.

It was funny to read the article with Hale claim the mark was legitimate while the HUN provided a photo of Hale clearly holding both Sylvester's arm and his jumper in that marking contest. :hihi

yellow_and_black

Dare To Dream
Jun 5, 2005
bowden4president said:
the HUN provided a photo of Hale clearly holding both Sylvester's arm and his jumper in that marking contest. :hihi

Got a link to that photo?

I have a North friend who swears it was a clear mark and therefore NM were robbed ::)

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
yellow_and_black said:
Got a link to that photo?

I have a North friend who swears it was a clear mark and therefore NM were robbed ::)
I had a quick look online because I wanted to put a link up but couldn't find one. It was in the paper today though

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
The usual absolute cheating *smile* corrupt bunch of *smile* arseholes to *smile* blow a *smile* whistle you cheating *smile*.
All *smile* umpires, can shove the or *smile* whistles *smile* sideways up each others *smile* arses.
The *smile* afl can take their *smile* corrupt sports *smile* entertainment and shove it up their *smile* arses.

I’ll be ringing the club tomorrow, if they don’t ask for a *smile* please *smile* explain from the *smile* umpires and afl house my *smile* membership *smile* endof.
I’ll make a donation to the club but my membership will be done. Nothing of mine will go to that corrupt sack of *smile* of an organisation called Australia’s *smile* league. They can all go *smile* themselves, Their dogs and shove six kebabs sideways up each others arse

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
The maggots ream us so much that our players start to second guess themselves.

It's now beyond a joke.

The whole industry knows it. :mad:

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The maggots ream us so much that our players start to second guess themselves.

It's now beyond a joke.

The whole industry knows it. :mad:
Yeah but the club, media, us as members, all do nothing about it.

Ffs go public Gale. You’ve got no choice. Take the kids gloves off.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Chris Donlon absolutely hates us. He goes out of his way with overt bias each and every time he umpires us.

He’s a complete and utter cheat.

If for nothing else, the club should ask for him to not umpire our games. Then, leak that request to the media and see what happens. Probably nothing but you never know. Wilson might.

It’ll bring this outrageous, covert, cheating bs into the light, once and for all.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Yeah but the club, media, us as members, all do nothing about it.

Ffs go public Gale. You’ve got no choice. Take the kids gloves off.
Too late re Benny if the rumours of Tassie are right. We need a loud mouthed pr!ck running RFC.

I keep thinking how Fat Eddie would go troppo if the pies got shafted like we do.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
The inconsistency of the 50 mtr penalty re Lynch and the one not given is inexcusable. Did seem biased again today and the shirt touch cost us big time on the goal review. AFL need to have a serious look at what is happening as this can’t continue. At least I can’t continue to watch and bear it every week,

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Too late re Benny if the rumours of Tassie are right. We need a loud mouthed pr!ck running RFC.

I keep thinking how Fat Eddie would go troppo if the pies got shafted like we do.
Absolutely. I said that to Chumpley today. McGuire would never let the AFL get away with this. They wouldn’t even try. Too scared of what he’d do.

Time for us to step it up. We’ve been getting crushed for too long and not getting hard core with the AFL enough.

Time to bring some pressure. Don’t care if it causes a few fines or whatever. Time for this to be brought to the surface.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users