Vale Ron Murray aka @LeetoRainestoRoach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Vale Ron Murray aka @LeetoRainestoRoach

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Weird thing is I stand there too. I can't remember seeing him but no doubt we stood close together at times.
It's the standing area to the right of the grog squad as you're facing the ground.

Reactions: 1 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I would like to offer my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Ron. He was PRE legend and will be sorely missed.

Vale

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I didnt know Ron. Sympathy to his family.

I knew L2R2R, and had him on silent for a few years.

him and I didnt get along online; our viewpoints on non-footy matters were just too far apart and continuing to diverge to a point where our mutual love of footy and tigers couldn't overcome. But it takes two to tango, and I hope he'd be honest if I'd died.

I'm not shocked either. people die as often as they are born, and theres thousands of us in this community, so im surprised we aren't having on-line funerals more often.

But L2R2R was undoubtably a very important member of this wonderful PRE community, who brought a lot to the table.

I'm happy he lived through the good times, and I'll feel a twinge of regret for him, and all tigers who miss the 2022 flag,

and beyond

RIP L2

Reactions: 22 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I'm on the other side.
That would explain it, you certainly would have bumped into him if you were on the other (better) side

Let's have a beer to remember Ron next year. I've missed standing behind the goals over the last 2 years .

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I'm not shocked either. people die as often as they are born, and theres thousands of us in this community, so im surprised we aren't having on-line funerals more often.

I've thought about this as well. I bet people who've done amazing things in the real world but were PRE bit players have passed on without this community fully acknowledging their greatness. That's the pros and cons of the online world.

Give flowers to those you know doing the great things in the community. Be kind.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That would explain it, you certainly would have bumped into him if you were on the other (better) side

Let's have a beer to remember Ron next year. I've missed standing behind the goals over the last 2 years .

Yeah, great idea Nico. Hopefully others can join too.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I've thought about this as well. I bet people who've done amazing things in the real world but were PRE bit players have passed on without this community fully acknowledging their greatness. That's the pros and cons of the online world.
In the 17 odd years of being on PRE, Lee is only the 4th PREender that I know has passed away. (3 confirmed, 1 not confirmed but fairly sure). Not sure what the stats would be but I reckon there's probably more that have slipped us by without realising. Lee's has hit the hardest, but that could also be due to "knowing" him for 17 years.

Reactions: 10 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Absoluted gutted. Loved his stats and input. Thoughts with his family. A valued contributor here and on another platforms.

Reactions: 7 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Very sad news RIP , didn't have any interaction with him but like many here really enjoyed his stats stuff and insights in that area and his sticking it up Shocking and co...A true Tiger...

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Sad news, thoughts and best wishes to his family and friends.
So many have written beautifully.

Thanks to everyone for making PRE so special.

RIP Ron.
#put your stats out

Reactions: 11 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Miss you already Ron.
RIP mate.

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
Wow- so sorry to hear this
Like most others have been on PRE for years and feel I knew Lee2Raines2Roach
Certainly knew he would come up with every amazing stat there ever was about our club
I really appreciated his game week stats ie age of the team etc

It is very sad to me that we only get to maybe find out who the poster is as a real person after their death

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Shouldn't this news get a run on the main DYER-TRIBE board?
I rarely go beyond the main board and only clicked on "Ron the Bear" because it sounded so unusual.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are folks on this board who still don't know.

Reactions: 5 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Damn.
Condolences to Ron's family and friends, Ron was and always will be a valuable member of the Tiger community.

Reactions: 4 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Thank-you Ron.

The Stat Man and so much more. He could punch like Ali and take a solid hit to the chin on all matters that meant much to him.

We are each finite beings with real lives in different states of triumph, joy, struggle, and sorrow. Richmond brings us together. For most of us Richmond is a major part of our heritage and culture. It is our go to place to share brother and sisterhood. Some of our most precious life memories and stories are attached to this Club. PRE is the door that I most frequently use to visit and strengthen this heritage and remember these valued stories.

My love to all of you my brothers and sisters of PRE. Be kind, show love to someone today.

Thank-you again LeeToRainesToRon

You kicked a ton.

• Love
Reactions: 25 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Quite stunned by this news. I've been on PRE for a long time and Ron (L2R2R as I have known him up until now) has been a staple for most of that time. His presence on this site will be missed.

Vale Ron and sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

RIP.

Reactions: 13 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Lee and I certainly crossed swords, we would never agree on a whole raft of issues. While stating this obvious observation needs to be done I'm not going to dwell on it. We both posted because we are passionate about our concerns and our positions on issues. I may not have liked his positions on a fair number of issues, but I have mountains more respect for those who do have passionate positions on topics they care about.

Stats? What can you say, he was clearly running his own database and had a great knowledge of stats. Anyone can download a pile of stats, few actually understand it all enough to see the patterns and work out what matters and doesn't. His work on this was invaluable.

Always liked his disdain for the AFL and SHocking, the game needs a whole army of people trying to keep those bastards honest. The rest of us will just need to keep looking for all the faults of the various rule changes.

We may have disagreed on a lot but we will all miss him, our passion for the Tigers is what keeps us all together.

DS

Reactions: 16 users