VFL 1st Qualifying Final V Essendon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL 1st Qualifying Final V Essendon

Yeah, he's a good'un, taz.

I cannot believe the rules would preclude the Stackman from coming back via the VFL. But it is the AFL, stupidity has no limits.
I reckon he would be OK to play under this clause

D) DESPITE ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS RULE 19, BUT SUBJECT TO RULE 19 (E), WHERE A CLUB HAS BOTH ITS AFL AND VFL SENIOR TEAMS ENGAGED ON THE SAME WEEKEND, ANY PLAYER MAY BE SELECTED TO PLAY IN THE VFL SENIOR TEAM SO LONG AS THAT PLAYER HAS PLAYED IN AT LEAST ONE AFL OR VFL SENIOR GRADE HOME AND AWAY MATCH IN THAT RELEVANT SEASON.

I reckon he would be OK to play under this clause

D) DESPITE ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS RULE 19, BUT SUBJECT TO RULE 19 (E), WHERE A CLUB HAS BOTH ITS AFL AND VFL SENIOR TEAMS ENGAGED ON THE SAME WEEKEND, ANY PLAYER MAY BE SELECTED TO PLAY IN THE VFL SENIOR TEAM SO LONG AS THAT PLAYER HAS PLAYED IN AT LEAST ONE AFL OR VFL SENIOR GRADE HOME AND AWAY MATCH IN THAT RELEVANT SEASON.
But if we beat Brisbane, the AFL side will have the week off when the VFL prelim is on.

If you haven't seen much or any VFL this year, keep an eye on No 55, Lachlan Street, he is a ripper, named as 23rd player so will def play

Is 21 I think, good size, excellent left foot disposal & hard at it

Isn’t there another ripper called Henderson or something Taz?
Can’t remember his name but remember being super impressed

Just bought my tickets for the family and going.

Be good to see the boys play, have a kick on the oval with my boy and see which players put their hand up to make the MC job hard.

Particularly Nankervis & Ross to name a few.

Reactions: 1 users
But if we beat Brisbane, the AFL side will have the week off when the VFL prelim is on.
(G) DESPITE ANY OTHER PROVISION IN RULE 19, IN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE:
(I) AN AFL CLUB IS PARTICIPATING IN THE AFL FINALS SERIES, BUT IS NOT REQUIRED TO PLAY ON A PARTICULAR WEEKEND (BY VIRTUE OF WINNING ITS AFL QUALIFYING FINAL AND EARNING A ONE-WEEK BREAK BEFORE ITS AFL PRELIMINARY FINAL); AND
(II) THE AFL CLUB’S VFL TEAM IS PLAYING ON THAT WEEKEND,
ANY AFL LISTED PLAYER WHO DID NOT PLAY IN THE AFL QUALIFYING FINAL WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN THE CLUB’S VFL TEAM IN THE WEEK IN WHICH THE AFL CLUB HAS A ONE-WEEK BREAK.

Reactions: 1 users
PRO Saturday 31st August 2.10pm

B: 43. D. Eggmolesse-Smith, 42. R. Garthwaite, 50. M. Pickett
HB: 33. K. Mcintosh, 38. N. Balta, 45. P. Naish
C: 37. C. Menadue, 26. R. Collier-Dawkins, 28. F. Turner
HF: 39. J. Aarts, 40. C. Coleman-Jones, 21. J. Townsend
F: 31. O. Markov, 25. T. Nankervis, 36. C. Moore
R: 41. M. Chol, 27. J. Ross, 7. D. Butler
Int: 54. J. Ballard, 53. H. Beasley, 78. D. Coffield, 32. L. English,
46. B. Miller, 51. S. Morris, 64. T. Silvestro, 16. M. Weller
23P: 55. L. Street

Does the vfl finals resemble the afl system?
Because if it does, maybe we should lose this one.

If you haven't seen much or any VFL this year, keep an eye on No 55, Lachlan Street, he is a ripper, named as 23rd player so will def play

Is 21 I think, good size, excellent left foot disposal & hard at it
Yea I noticed him on some highlights and his numbers have been pretty respectable for a metro recruit first year , any chance for rookie you think , has some decent size about him

Mav Weller not even on the park, named last on the bench. Indicates how strong a team it is.

I hope Luke English gets a run for the experience, and some VFL fellas like JB get a shot too.

Thanks to Taz and others for keeping us all informed

Mav Weller not even on the park, named last on the bench. Indicates how strong a team it is.

I hope Luke English gets a run for the experience, and some VFL fellas like JB get a shot too.

Thanks to Taz and others for keeping us all informed
Mav has basically been injured for the last 6 weeks, struggling with a back complaint i believe?

This is *smile*.
Regardless the rules.
It’s our development team , therefore any player coming back from a injury or needs time in the twos should be allowed to play.
It’s not our fault we are good in all competitions.

Scrap the VFL. And bring in a development league. So these things can stop.
If it’s time to play stackhat, he should be allowed to play, same for Nakas and Castagna

Mav has basically been injured for the last 6 weeks, struggling with a back complaint i believe?

How about just ringing him and telling him not to bother.
Is that ok.
Who ever thought he would be a good pick up needs to exit the joint immediately

Just read the what is posted . Any player who doesn’t play against Brisbane and assuming we win can play in VFL during the week off. See Brodder’s post above.