VFL 2024 Practice Matches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL 2024 Practice Matches

Brilliant pick-up and hands-off twice in one play by Juddy to set up Hugo's goal. Class.

Reactions: 1 users
Juddy's so classy, can't remember if that was a kick or handball to him, picked up the half volley with such poise and then handballed off the chain. We end up scoring after Coulthard pressure from that chain, but the chain doesn't start if Juddy doesn't take that ball cleanly.

Reactions: 1 user
Dominated that quarter. To me Coulthard and Juddy are greater than Rioli. Tigers pressure all over the ground has been fantastic today.

Reactions: 4 users
Tough day for playing footy.

Some nice work from Clarke, Lefau, Coulthard, Smith and Green.
Miller needs to hold his marks.
Davidson and Fenerly showing positive signs amongst the VFL listed players

Last edited:
Tough day for playing footy.

Some nice work from Clarke, Lefau, Coulthard, Smith and Green.
Miller needs to hold his marks.
Davidson and Fenerly showing positive signs amongst the VFL listed players

Yeah all of our AFL listed players have done some nice things. The best from what I've seen (didn't see McAuliffe in the 1st half) have been Clarke, Tresize, Coulthard and Smith.

I've liked the games of Tom McCarthy and Lliam George in the midfield for our VFL group, and I've liked Yassine for some time, reckon he's an AFL chance.

Bit messy last quarter. Lefau BOG imo. Bravo Bravo in the midfield....did well. Some good stuff today.

Yeah all of our AFL listed players have done some nice things. The best from what I've seen (didn't see McAuliffe in the 1st half) have been Clarke, Tresize, Coulthard and Smith.

I've liked the games of Tom McCarthy and Lliam George in the midfield for our VFL group, and I've liked Yassine for some time, reckon he's an AFL chance.
Moey reminds me of Shedda. Can he play the same way, who knows.

Brilliant pick-up and hands-off twice in one play by Juddy to set up Hugo's goal. Class.
Juddy had moments that showed that he is so far above that level. The 55 metre bomb after winning that contest in the middle was jaw dropping. Same with that passage you referenced, it give me more hope for Juddy at the next level.

George and Wilson good onballers at the level. Hayes Brown was ok as well, he has the physicality, needs a bit of polish.

Hanger Kaleb Smith.
Last year in the pre-season I bumped into a guy at training who was over from WA on business who new Kaleb, and especially his dad very well, (he was there with them on draft night and in that video i think). Anyway he was telling me about Kaleb and what a great kid he is and detailing some of his attributes, one of which was and I quote, "don't be surprised if he jumps on a few heads over his career", :) , then he got injured :( .

He probably won't get a license to do it on a regular basis but the hanger today was confirmation of his ability to fly :cool:

Reactions: 10 users
Juddy had moments that showed that he is so far above that level. The 55 metre bomb after winning that contest in the middle was jaw dropping. Same with that passage you referenced, it give me more hope for Juddy at the next level.

George and Wilson good onballers at the level. Hayes Brown was ok as well, he has the physicality, needs a bit of polish.
I'm liking his mobility. Could be better than we think.

Last year in the pre-season I bumped into a guy at training who was over from WA on business who new Kaleb, and especially his dad very well, (he was there with them on draft night and in that video i think). Anyway he was telling me about Kaleb and what a great kid he is and detailing some of his attributes, one of which was and I quote, "don't be surprised if he jumps on a few heads over his career", :) , then he got injured :( .

He probably won't get a license to do it on a regular basis but the hanger today was confirmation of his ability to do it.
What's his actual position? Seems more like a mid to me.

I think a lot of the commentary on Clarke over the pre season has been correct. Talent is not the issue, he just has to get more of the ball.

What's his actual position? Seems more like a mid to me.

The WA guy said Kaleb was a pretty decent forward as well. Can't see him playing there for us though as we need his dash elsewhere should he make it.

A line from his brief draft profile:

"A dashing half-back who also doubled as a powerhouse in attack while playing school football"

2 things I've learnt...... the fella commentating's favourite word is ..... Excellent!

No 67 Liam George??......... looks like a 16 year old Jack Riewoldt..... cheery blonde and finger pointing to the sky when he kicks one! (2min 50sec)
Btw.... I dunno what Jack looked like @16..... just guessing!