VFL 2024 Practice Matches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL 2024 Practice Matches

Looks good in #11. Should've taken that I reckon. I also wonder why Ollie's wearing #39 which is Mate's number. Is he leaving us?
McAuliffe was apparently down as wearing #21 also (Baltas number).

I thought George was back until I saw him kick :))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
2 things I've learnt...... the fella commentating's favourite word is ..... Excellent!

No 67 Liam George??......... looks like a 16 year old Jack Riewoldt..... cheery blonde and finger pointing to the sky when he kicks one! (2min 50sec)
Btw.... I dunno what Jack looked like @16..... just guessing!

Excellent observations TBV :))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Swear I saw a Richmond player today kick a goal, celebrate, and get happily kissed on the lips by an excited teammate.
Ummm .... still not sure what I think about seeing that .......

Our club does vfl so poorly,I don't give a thuk about a poor 5 minute highlights I want a extensive write up with best players,stats.

Swear I saw a Richmond player today kick a goal, celebrate, and get happily kissed on the lips by an excited teammate.
Was censured in revised version of highlights, bit of an eggshells moment for all.

surprised Herald haven't ran a 'gay Richmond rape' headline?
The WA guy said Kaleb was a pretty decent forward as well. Can't see him playing there for us though as we need his dash elsewhere should he make it.

A line from his brief draft profile:

"A dashing half-back who also doubled as a powerhouse in attack while playing school football"

exciting,

but there wouldn't be a single player on an AFL list (800 blokes?)

who didn't double as a powerhouse forward in school footy.

the PE teacher sees their solitary Kevin Sheedy opportunity and goes

"Kaleb (or 800 other blokes), i want you to go to full forward this quarter"

Reactions: 1 users
Quite optimistic about the VFL boys. Like Davidson (blondie) has attitude, size and mobility. Ditto Archie May. Wilson is a find, like him as a future Prestia replacement. McAuliffe, Smith, Trezise, Sonsie, Clarke, LeFau AFL talented now. Green, Coulthard, Bravo, Yassine have the raw talent to succeed. Credits for McCarthy, Hayes-Brown, George, Olden and Street for their endeavour. Flat liners and VFL quality only Miller, Ralphsmith, El Nour & Brindley.
Have been criticised here for premature assessment ( e.g. Schofield) but after 60 years of watching football I know talent when I see it. Happy to finish last and pick up Jagger Smith in 2024 draft.

Reactions: 4 users
who is responsible again for the recruitment of the vfl side? is doing a terrific job.

Reactions: 2 users
2 things I've learnt...... the fella commentating's favourite word is ..... Excellent!

No 67 Liam George??......... looks like a 16 year old Jack Riewoldt..... cheery blonde and finger pointing to the sky when he kicks one! (2min 50sec)
Btw.... I dunno what Jack looked like @16..... just guessing!

Great call on the young mini JR lookalike.

And also correct on wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many excellent’s, it’s painful.

Do we need members card to get in? Mine hasn’t arrived yet.......

Please ignore, just checked, open to public and free entry.

Last edited:
looking forward to seeing Ry Cantwell (68) off a hbf. First practice match and selected before several other potentials. Was a surprise non selection in the Draft having all the right attributes 187cm, 2.95 sprint and 8.23 agility (great athlete). Might be a smokey and another coup for whoever is picking talent for our reserves.
BTW where is Naismith and Garner both above average VFL.

looking forward to seeing Ry Cantwell (68) off a hbf. First practice match and selected before several other potentials. Was a surprise non selection in the Draft having all the right attributes 187cm, 2.95 sprint and 8.23 agility (great athlete). Might be a smokey and another coup for whoever is picking talent for our reserves.
BTW where is Naismith and Garner both above average VFL.
12 Coates league games last year, 18 goals. 12 disposals per game is probably the knock but a good sign for him to be picked up by us.

Naismith I imagine is resting after a game five days ago. Dunno about Garner.

IMG_0412.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users