VFL 2024 Practice Matches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL 2024 Practice Matches

As usual HTB is paid against us, but its almost impossible to get 1 against the Pies

Reactions: 1 users
They look a level above.
Street intercepts a kick in half a second 4 Collingwood players are on him.
Where are our guys??

I really like Yassine, liked him last year. He's a genuine MSD prospect for me.

Reactions: 4 users
Lack of skill and composure seem to be our main strengths so far.

Flogs burning Cumbo.

Well done Moey for the 2nd goal. He'll be next on our list I reckon ala Lefau.

I've missed footy but geez I haven't missed the maggots. Its always so easy to see frees for the Pies, but against them, nup nothing.

Flogs burning Cumbo.

Well done Moey for the 2nd goal. He'll be next on our list I reckon ala Lefau.

Nah Cumbo's been burning his teammates. Needs to take the 1st option instead of trying to do too much and kick a miracle goal. Coaches would prefer him to play a team game than an individual one I'm sure.

Disappointing thus far in what I’ve seen so far on the Live Stream. Not enough composure with the ball & foot skill execution has been terrible.

Not helped by apparent lack of key forwards - having to target mid or small sized players.

I must be watching a different game than some of you.

We have had plenty of the ball (without a competitive ruck) but also poor use and poor conversion - however, it is a practice game.

In the first half, Judson Clark was excellent with his run, Sonsie classy, Ralphsmith got plenty of the ball

One thing I did really like - Kaleb Smith did not do a lot but what I saw of him was illuminating - some serious speed, nice run out of defence and a nice kick - plenty to work with

Cumberland not doing a lot but none of our forwards are as we are bringing it in poorly and not kicking to advantage - that can be corrected.

Reactions: 3 users
Disappointing thus far in what I’ve seen so far on the Live Stream. Not enough composure with the ball & foot skill execution has been terrible.

Not helped by apparent lack of key forwards - having to target mid or small sized players.
Yep.

I must be watching a different game than some of you.

We have had plenty of the ball (without a competitive ruck) but also poor use and poor conversion - however, it is a practice game.

In the first half, Judson Clark was excellent with his run, Sonsie classy, Ralphsmith got plenty of the ball

One thing I did really like - Kaleb Smith did not do a lot but what I saw of him was illuminating - some serious speed, nice run out of defence and a nice kick - plenty to work with

Cumberland not doing a lot but none of our forwards are as we are bringing it in poorly and not kicking to advantage - that can be corrected.

Yeah we certainly aren't as bad as some are making out. Have had the wrong players delivering the ball inside 50 at times, other times we've lacked composure. You can see the difference what kicking from set shots does, Collingwood have kicked most of their shots from set shots and ours have largely been in open play. Would help if some of the VFL boys (Davidson, Frangalas and May) could take a mark when they have the chance.

Sonsie has been out best I think. As you say Clarke has done well, and you could see his class when delivering inside 50. Need more of his delivery inside 50 as he generally kicks it to the advantage of the forward.

Reactions: 2 users
Outter wing, 3 richmond players chasing, Collingwood handball misses target but they still get the ball inside 50..good tackle by Street saves the day.

If Yze thinks playing long suite us he won't last long.