VFL Gameday V Northern Bullants 2:05pm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Gameday V Northern Bullants 2:05pm

For context he averages 12.6 possessions in 26 games, about the same as Hugo Ralphsmith.

Not saying he won't be a good player, maybe he will be, but it is way too early to be calling it inspired. Going early on players either way and comparing them in their first 2-3 years is fraught with danger.
That's counting three games as an unused sub. It's actually 14.2 for games he's got on the park. He's also a year younger than Hugo and not only a better athlete but much better inside and cleaner with the ball. He's a prospect.

Yeah.

Clarke rightly saw the 2021 draft as chockers with talent, and like everyone but Wells it seems, didn't rate Holmes a first-round talent in 2020. (Maybe someone else did and that's why the Cats pounced.)

Anyway, Brown is a very talented kid. I think he'll play quite a bit next year.

Agree. Having seen every VFL game, RD 17 was one of Brown's best games, had 25 disposals and took a few nice marks.

Reactions: 1 users
You're mixing up your years.
I blame TT.

But my original point still stands that having a go at our recruiters for not picking up Holmes (a highly speculative pick who while looking promising is far from a sure bet), and instead pushing back our pick a year to a draft we apparently rated higher, and were going to have more picks is nonsense.

Agree. Having seen every VFL game, RD 17 was one of Brown's best games, had 25 disposals and took a few nice marks.
But has gone missing since? Since the move from HBF to wing?

Any idea why he has dropped off, AT? Not sure the positional change should be that significant.

You can't knock the club for not taking Holmes.

That was just another genius Wells pick.

He's still the pre emanate recruiter of juniors in the country.
You're actually making the same point I'm making in a backhanded (and Spook with facts) way. So good post. :D

We are still waiting ... a long, long time, years in fact, to see if RCD and Dow are going to be the mid depth we have badly needed (we all know the reasons w injuries). Following the failed high picks of Lennon, CEllis and the loss of that _______ Higgins (but no RFC blame there).

Successful picks - maybe you call it genius, or maybe some factors in my extended post on Holmes, provided the 'inspiration'. ALL picks are speculative. Isn't it part of their role to take calculated risks?

BTW - that's 'pre-eminent.'

But my original point still stands that having a go at our recruiters for not picking up Holmes (a highly speculative pick who while looking promising is far from a sure bet), and instead pushing back our pick a year to a draft we apparently rated higher, and were going to have more picks is nonsense.
I guess if you keep throwing at the stumps, you might get one thing correct eventually. As I think previously in exchanges with posters like you, you can only deal with the minimal detail or mono-focus. It's like ordering a pizza with great ingredients ... and someone goes, 'But I don't like shrimp."

ALL draft picks are speculative.

But forget it! It's spilled milk now. The simple point is Holmes is tracking pretty well ATM, at 19. And he's played ~26 AFL games including ~12 in his rookie year. So feel free to give us your expert, in-depth evaluation of how RCD and Dow are tracking comparatively.

Also, thus far, '21 picks Brown and Banks have not been selected to play AFL. There is no guarantee that any of these guys will have great careers. Or won't. It's all too early.
But Holmes would have been a very handy selection to throw into the middle for us last year and this year given injuries.
Hopefully, Sonsie will be similarly a great pick for us (but it's taken a while).

No longer care.

But has gone missing since? Since the move from HBF to wing?

Any idea why he has dropped off, AT? Not sure the positional change should be that significant.

Not sure but in the games I've watched him in the backline he gets to the right positions (reads the play), but I will say he is not really a hard runner like banks.
As we know to play wing you need to be a two-way runner and I would say that brown doesn't possess that attribute atm.

I guess if you keep throwing at the stumps, you might get one thing correct eventually. As I think previously in exchanges with posters like you, you can only deal with the minimal detail or mono-focus. It's like ordering a pizza with great ingredients ... and someone goes, 'But I don't like shrimp."

ALL draft picks are speculative.

But forget it! It's spilled milk now. The simple point is Holmes is tracking pretty well ATM, at 19. And he's played ~26 AFL games including ~12 in his rookie year. So feel free to give us your expert, in-depth evaluation of how RCD and Dow are tracking comparatively.

Also, thus far, '21 picks Brown and Banks have not been selected to play AFL. There is no guarantee that any of these guys will have great careers. Or won't. It's all too early.
But Holmes would have been a very handy selection to throw into the middle for us last year and this year given injuries.
Hopefully, Sonsie will be similarly a great pick for us (but it's taken a while).

No longer care.
You're funny- you're ego is so big I am surprised you dont refer to yourself in the 3rd person.

A few pages back you said our recruiters were lazy for trading our pick back a year and not taking Holmes. That is nonsense. but what would i know, i dont like shrimp.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
On the vfl
Tigers need to beat Frankston next week
And Carlton lose their last two
Then our reserves get a final
Southport done us no favour losing to suns who were outside the 8. Blues play Casey so U think they would lose this week but play pies the following week.

Reactions: 1 user