Burge to depart at end of season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Burge to depart at end of season

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
i wouldn’t be claiming it’s a massive get for the Hawks. Soft tissue injuries have been terrible this year.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
It is another big loss, he is a good operator I think. What a pity, but it is 10 years.
Gee, Hawks are poaching well.

Mmm.... Another loss of a good operator post the 2020 Football Dept changes with Livingstone in charge. Innes left now Burge.

Would not be surprised if Balme also leaves. Different motivation for Balmey but can see him elsewhere.

My biggest concern is Blair. But think he was promoted to keep him as part of those 2020 changes.

What is Benny doing to be pro-active rather than reactive all year.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It is another big loss, he is a good operator I think. What a pity, but it is 10 years.
Gee, Hawks are poaching well.

Mmm.... Another loss of a good operator post the 2020 Football Dept changes with Livingstone in charge. Innes left now Burge.

Would not be surprised if Balme also leaves. Different motivation for Balmey but can see him elsewhere.

My biggest concern is Blair. But think he was promoted to keep him as part of those 2020 changes.

What is Benny doing to be pro-active rather than reactive all year.
Are we falling apart?

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
We have been injury plagued for three years missing the core of our talent for long periods.

That's not his fault, or maybe it is. Maybe it's part of it. Not ultra fussed on this, what we have isn't working as well as it could.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
What I think is interesting is how we are bleeding these people to other clubs that are all operating under the same soft cap we have. Or maybe they aren’t?

In Burge’s case 10 years is a long time and his motivation might be more career focussed than money driven.

But it would be a massive concern if we are losing these people for money.

Are we still paying the kebab tax?

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I see it as rejuvenation.
change is nothing to be scared of.
with soft cap increase perhaps we weren’t willing to stump up.

Reactions: 5 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Don't know about huge loss. We have been smacked by soft tissues during the last two seasons and had quite a few injuries in 2019 and 2020 too. Maybe that's an ageing list, but there doesn't seem to have been any modifications to the relevant player's training / rehab as they keep getting hurt. Happy for there to be some new blood.

Reactions: 2 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Are we falling apart?
I wouldnt know. But - and I am waiting on the critics to say i am reading too much into it - its just odd to me.

Year One of the new football dept structure = Innes leaves.
Year Two = Burge.

Now, after 10 years, when employees leave, I can understand this b/c its a long time, they want new challenges, new opportunities, etc. But why go back to Hawthorn where he was before? Where's the 'new challenge'? its just another club role again.

Their young list would be as much a challenge as our new, young list, wouldnt it?

So... is it money? probably - they would have more money in their football dept next year (no longer carrying Clarko's salary and Mitchell would be on less than Dimma).
Just money? Or something else?

Wouldnt have a clue but from the outside, we seem to be getting raided .... and I wonder how much raiding we are doing.... Gets back to my personal gut feel that there's some real tiredness, laziness, hubris at the club.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I see it as rejuvenation.
change is nothing to be scared of.
with soft cap increase perhaps we weren’t willing to stump up.
agree, change is actually a good thing. But are we being 'forced' into change b/c we are being reactive is my query?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I wouldnt know. But - and I am waiting on the critics to say i am reading too much into it - its just odd to me.

Year One of the new football dept structure = Innes leaves.
Year Two = Burge.

Now, after 10 years, when employees leave, I can understand this b/c its a long time, they want new challenges, new opportunities, etc. But why go back to Hawthorn where he was before? Where's the 'new challenge'? its just another club role again.

Their young list would be as much a challenge as our new, young list, wouldnt it?

So... is it money? probably - they would have more money in their football dept next year (no longer carrying Clarko's salary and Mitchell would be on less than Dimma).
Just money? Or something else?

Wouldnt have a clue but from the outside, we seem to be getting raided .... and I wonder how much raiding we are doing.... Gets back to my personal gut feel that there's some real tiredness, laziness, hubris at the club.
Exactly my thoughts bob. Most want to leave. Teague's the only one that joined us. Twitter says Boyd was with Clarko and wants to go with him (could be a link to his new team). Going back to the Dorks must be better money or new change at same club but under Mitchell. Strange.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
The off field team has been truly dismantled… natural attrition or other, who knows