VFL Round 10 versus Williamstown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 10 versus Williamstown

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
spook said:
Scrappy. Fumbled, turned it over. Some of the good stuff too.

Ellis was pretty good, played four quarters unlike Lloyd who was lazy, selfish and Hollywood for the first three. Must have got a bake at the last change.

Rioli, Bolton and Balta the highlights for me. Stengle not as good as he's previously shown. CJ, you found yourself saying, "In 12 months he'll mark that one".
Agree Spook.

Disappointed in Lloyd. Got tagged and couldn’t work hard enough to break it. Was playing against a suburban footballer. Needs to do better.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TigerFlag2017 said:
How was corey ellis?
I thought Corey did some real good things and was probably close to our best , in saying that it was a great opportunity to win the game of his own boot and I think he missed his chance, I think the soft tag is crap , I just think he doesn’t play with the urgency he needs to at this point of his career, I think his up against it, however I hope he gets one more chance and dead set grabs it with both *smile* hands , fire up son

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
easy said:
No miles, no vfl richmond?
No Miles, no Soldo, no Wood, and Lloyd having a day off meant we had no presence at clearances. No Chol and no Moore meant we had no target going forward.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
spook said:
No Miles, no Soldo, no Wood, and Lloyd having a day off meant we had no presence at clearances. No Chol and no Moore meant we had no target going forward.

Losing Lego 2 minutes in didnt help either.

Actually it was a pretty good game, Willi have some experienced talent, none better than Sam Dunnell.

Add Bewley, Marcon,Benny Cavarra, Leigh Masters & Ben Jolley among others

We still had 14 I think AFL listed players but most are babies still, Garthy,Shai,Wombo,Bakes,CJ,Noah , Pat Naish, who BTW took a ripper grab in the 1st

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Naish very disappointing for me

Ok, playing on when kicking in from a point, but has no composure in general play

Maybe still getting used to playing against men...

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
taztiger4 said:
Losing Lego 2 minutes in didnt help either.

Actually it was a pretty good game, Willi have some experienced talent, none better than Sam Dunnell.

Add Bewley, Marcon,Benny Cavarra, Leigh Masters & Ben Jolley among others

We still had 14 I think AFL listed players but most are babies still, Garthy,Shai,Wombo,Bakes,CJ,Noah , Pat Naish, who BTW took a ripper grab in the 1st
Yeah, they have some good, experienced players. Rodda and Wheeler two more.

Naishy's mark was a ripper but he struggled most of the day. Got a bit of it when shifted forward in the last.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m against the grain here, but I think Naish has performed better then the expectations that were put on him for a skinny flanker type in his first year. He was never going to play any AFL footy this year, however his showed some good traits that he can be a handy player.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
I’m against the grain here, but I think Naish has performed better then the expectations that were put on him for a skinny flanker type in his first year. He was never going to play any AFL footy this year, however his showed some good traits that he can be a handy player.
I'm not writing him off at all. Looks to have put on considerable size but as a consequence is gassed by half time.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Mr Brightside said:

I'm the same after watching yesterday. Has great disposal.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good game by Brett Bewley again, hope he gets an AFL gig for 2019.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Ellis, like Miles, does not have the athleticism for AFL. Miles a much better footballer, other than perhaps the kicking. Cannot see him getting too many more games at the top level.

Would love to see Bolton & Rioli selected next week.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Townsend - 16 disposals and 11 tackles.
Corey Ellis finished with 28 disposals, 6 clearances, 7 tackles and a goal. Gee whiz, lucky he's not AFL standard.

E

easy_tiger

The_General said:
Corey Ellis finished with 28 disposals, 6 clearances, 7 tackles and a goal. Gee whiz, lucky he's not AFL standard.

and a couple of snags for towner too.

I'd like the rest of the year for Towner, Cellis, $hai, and Soldo to be added to the September squad

and Miles, Menadue and Higlet kept in the VFL (more development for Higlet, his kicking would worry me in September)

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
The_General said:

Those stats are Miles lite.

Did you watch the game? Had very little impact, he's a poorer version of Miles IMO. Slightly taller yet less competitive. Slow and comparatively soft in the contest.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Time to try him again at snr level.
Fly said they're still working on a few things with him. He has to bash the door down. He's knocking politely.