VFL Round 9 Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime Double Header at the G | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 9 Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime Double Header at the G

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Don't think it was Tresize that rucked but he played a big role in the last. We do have another long haired dude that goes in there occasionally.
Brindley, he’s so versatile he was attending centre bounces early as a midfielder

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Miller seems to have gained confidence from his stint at AFL level, did some nice things. Really like Biggie up forward, hope we persist with that. Should’ve had a couple more goals (cumbo stole that one late from the free in the goal square:ROFLMAO:).

Biggie forward sounds like an idea. Don't think he is big enough for ruck at AFL level, does he have the ability to move forward? I don't know but maybe we could have a look.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The AFL website report from today's game are at it again :

"Jacob Bauer had 11 but failed to hit the scoreboard"

They said similar last week of our defender :rolleyes:

Just on Bauer, i thought it was one of his poorer games.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Biggie forward sounds like an idea. Don't think he is big enough for ruck at AFL level, does he have the ability to move forward? I don't know but maybe we could have a look.

DS
Yeh he’s kicked a couple of goals the last few weeks and I reckon he looks dangerous in the air because of his athleticism. Been a bit all over the ground - ruck, back, forward. Putting together a nice season

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Still running on Window 95

• Haha

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009

He should of been put forward after half time. We were crying out a for lead up CHF. The man is a forward !!

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Don't think it was Tresize that rucked but he played a big role in the last. We do have another long haired dude that goes in there occasionally.
Maybe Brindley? But a 'long haired dude' definitely rucking from around 22m mark of Q4 before Miller returned from kicking the match-winner.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022

They’re useless those “staff writers” who do that article. Yes I’d like to see Bauer forward again, his last two weeks haven’t been great unfortunately. I know he has had some really good games down back, but I still don’t understand the switch back there to be honest. We are well stocked with backmen and he had kicked 3 goals in both matches up forward this season and averaged 2 goals for us last year so not as though he was struggling. He worked really well with Bradtke in the first two rounds as well
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
He should of been put forward after half time. We were crying out a for lead up CHF. The man is a forward !!
He’s brilliant at bringing the ball to ground for his size as a key forward as well. I miss him up there :confused:. Can’t see him replacing anyone in our back line anytime soon but if he had been played up forward all year and put together some good games, he could’ve easily debuted by now…

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Maybe someone could inform that players even have numbers on their guerneys? Revelatory.

So, who do you think they meant? Bradtke? But he kicked one. Not sure.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Maybe someone could inform that players even have numbers on their guerneys? Revelatory.

So, who do you think they meant? Bradtke? But he kicked one. Not sure.
No they’re just useless and think Bauer still plays forward. They’ve done it every week since he’s played back, except for last week they actually said he played back for once

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Can’t have enough defenders We need to turn creative players into robots
Yes, because our backs like DRioli, Baker, Short, Broad, Balta etc play like "robots". marking intercept defenders are so 1980s.

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006

Agree but I continue to say he is not a backman and this experiment is depressing! A forward line of Bradke, Cumberland, May, Bauer, MRJ and Brindley for the next few weeks in the VFL would be educational and exciting for me.

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Wow, who’d have thought a midfielder would have a big impact in the midfield? Baffles me he’s being played at half back

IMG_1070.jpeg